Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As the person who had a disrespectful post deleted on this thread earlier I need to make an apology.

I honestly had no idea that [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] was a member of the club's "Senior Management Team" and I would not have talked about him in the way that I did had I known that.

I always thought he was a fan from the Gory Years who had achieved deserved insider status at the club but with a relatively low grade supporter liaison brief.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So why do we have to pay for a printed version? The system should be automated, I do not understand the requirement for the charge unless it is to reduce the amount paper used.

You DON'T pay for a print at home (one off match) ticket, though, do you? There's no charge.

The £5 in the case discussed here, is an admin fee to de-activate a season ticket card, and produce a match day ticket in its place.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As the person who had a disrespectful post deleted on this thread earlier I need to make an apology.

I honestly had no idea that [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] was a member of the club's "Senior Management Team" and I would not have talked about him in the way that I did had I known that.

I always thought he was a fan from the Gory Years who had achieved deserved insider status at the club but with a relatively low grade supporter liaison brief.

That went from apology straight back to insult! Nicely done.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes...so why the charge? There should be no admin involved in this? You send a request, the computer system de-activates the card and emails you a pdf.

Have you actually READ this thread?! :lol:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

I had no idea either (and I've equally no idea what you said that counted as so disrespectful, but it must have been pretty heinous, given the amount of insulting material that gets routinely posted on here daily without apparently raising any eyebrows). However, it does raise in my mind the question of why on earth a member of the senior management team (presumably on a fairly decent salary, from what I remember about previous discussions about the salaries of PB and co), would be tasked with spending his highly-paid time monitoring the content of a fans' website, and occasionally chipping in his own (rather unhelpful in this instance) pennyworth. Assuming that the club does indeed think it important that someone keep an eye on NSC (to understand the climate of opinion among fans etc etc), surely it would make far more business sense to have it routinely monitored by a junior member of staff, rather than tying up the time of a member of the 'senior management team'.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
and who knows... these people might just be bitten by the Albion bug and become regular fans in future and buy match tickets, or even season tickets, not to mention shirts, food, drink, and any other stuff available in the club shop etc...

This is true. I personally know of FOUR people (all female btw, but that's a side issue) who never went to football before the Amex was built. All four of them attended their first games not by buying tickets but borrowing someone else's ST. All four have been back many times, and one is now a STH!

I guess we must now be at the level of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc where we don't need to encourage new fans.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I had no idea either (and I've equally no idea what you said that counted as so disrespectful, but it must have been pretty heinous, given the amount of insulting material that gets routinely posted on here daily without apparently raising any eyebrows). However, it does raise in my mind the question of why on earth a member of the senior management team (presumably on a fairly decent salary, from what I remember about previous discussions about the salaries of PB and co), would be tasked with spending his highly-paid time monitoring the content of a fans' website, and occasionally chipping in his own (rather unhelpful in this instance) pennyworth. Assuming that the club does indeed think it important that someone keep an eye on NSC (to understand the climate of opinion among fans etc etc), surely it would make far more business sense to have it routinely monitored by a junior member of staff, rather than tying up the time of a member of the 'senior management team'.

Does it not occur to you that perhaps many of the people that work at the Amex may also be ardent fans so they may have accounts on here. It could be that if they see a thread that is contentious and could lead to trouble for the club, ie sanctioning unlawful transfer of tickets with doing anything about it, they may refer it up the chain. And surely any club would want to be aware of the mood of their fans, albeit in many cases just a small minority that post!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Does it not occur to you that perhaps many of the people that work at the Amex may also be ardent fans so they may have accounts on here. It could be that if they see a thread that is contentious and could lead to trouble for the club, ie sanctioning unlawful transfer of tickets with doing anything about it, they may refer it up the chain. And surely any club would want to be aware of the mood of their fans, albeit in many cases just a small minority that post!

Yes, it had occurred to me. I still think that allocating a senior member of the management team with their own account as 'insider' for this purpose, is a strange use of resources. Plus, if we assume charitably that this senior person actually doesn't spend their time doing this, but rather gets involved only when alerted by a colleague, as you suggest, I 'd still have expected a much higher quality intervention than we actually got, which simply had the effect of stirring a hornet's net without really clarifying the details of the club's policy and the rationale for it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agreed. They also need to justify and explain why it costs £5 if you don't use your season ticket card. I can understand the charge as an environmental thing for a paper ticket but if it is digital i see no justifiable reason.

I suspect part of it is to do with the licence for the ticketing software, part profit and part deterrent. I could be wrong though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, it had occurred to me. I still think that allocating a senior member of the management team with their own account as 'insider' for this purpose, is a strange use of resources. Plus, if we assume charitably that this senior person actually doesn't spend their time doing this, but rather gets involved only when alerted by a colleague, as you suggest, I 'd still have expected a much higher quality intervention than we actually got, which simply had the effect of stirring a hornet's net without really clarifying the details of the club's policy and the rationale for it.

How many posts do you see from insider then. Hardly spending the working day posting on inane threads. A quick check seems to suggest 4 posts since 12/8/16

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
How many posts do you see from insider then. Hardly spending the working day posting on inane threads. A quick check seems to suggest 4 posts since 12/8/16

Well maybe you're correct, and he (she?) doesn't regularly monitor the site, and gets involved only if alerted to something really important. But if so, that implies that this issue must be seen as something really important, otherwise insider wouldn't have chipped in, and that in turn reinforces my other point, namely that in that case, we might have expected a member of the "senior management team" to have come up with something vaguely coherent that would have really clarified this (allegedly) important issue for us, rather than just irritating a bunch of good fans who weren't obviously doing anything the club ought to object to.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Insider has been around a long time and was a useful conduit between fans and board in the days of DK when we felt less like customers and more like supporters. Times have changed somewhat.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have no issue with 'a senior member of the club' being on this board indeed I would be very concerned if they were not. The forum does reflect the views of a good 'sample' of fans and as such should be used as feedback to improve things. If people have an issue with this then not sure why.

I think the club could do a lot more to boost 'marginal revenue' , seats food etc and this would all help the coffers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is beginning to read like fans complaining that they have instant access to the upper echelons of the club.

That can't be right, can it?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This is beginning to read like fans complaining that they have instant access to the upper echelons of the club.

I thought we were customers

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Those expressing surprise that the club viewing this board amaze me. It's a forum full of their customers expressing their views. It's instant feedback on their performance, why wouldn't they view it.

Many companies, some large, some small, pay individuals to post on forums like this with a brief of either reflecting that company in a positive light or to obtain more information than they would otherwise get.

I am not saying that this is the case with BHAFC but it really wouldn't surprise me if unknown to others club employees or consultants working for the club view and post on this forum. It would be very standard practice for a company of a certain size. Cheap marketing and cheap research. However they may well not take it this far.

Paul Barber does however definitely view this forum regularly as surely we would expect him to?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

It's not right. It's fans getting together to discuss a safe and easy way of passing on their STs when they can't get to games and then a member of the senior management team steaming into the thread to tell us that the club will close this avenue because they don't trust us and they don't like it. And if we try then the club will punish the fans.

No discussion, no moment taken for reflection, no reaching out to fans to hear suggestions, no explanation as to why the club have had over 5 years to come up with some sort of ticket exchange and failed. That's not access to the upper echelons, it's just a way for the club to carry on treating us as if we're trying to rob the club or bring it down.

See also that ridiculously heavy-handed letter telling us that we must uphold the honour of the club at all times. Christ on a bike, that's not dialogue, it's a headmaster addressing a school assembly.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
It's not right. It's fans getting together to discuss a safe and easy way of passing on their STs when they can't get to games and then a member of the senior management team steaming into the thread to tell us that the club will close this avenue because they don't trust us and they don't like it. And if we try then the club will punish the fans.

No discussion, no moment taken for reflection, no reaching out to fans to hear suggestions, no explanation as to why the club have had over 5 years to come up with some sort of ticket exchange and failed. That's not access to the upper echelons, it's just a way for the club to carry on treating us as if we're trying to rob the club or bring it down.

See also that ridiculously heavy-handed letter telling us that we must uphold the honour of the club at all times. Christ on a bike, that's not dialogue, it's a headmaster addressing a school assembly.

Sums it up for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here