Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Penalty miss...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Video above shows Stephen's arms by his side as the ball sails past him and hits Hemed in the face

All that video shows is that you can't see the ball or Stephens (outflung) arm because his body is in the way?
attachment.php

Besides. I'm not saying it did or didn't hit him. I'm saying I cannot understand why Stephen's thought it was a good idea to fling his arm out behind him like that. And, from the angle the lino had, I can understand why he gave it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
All that video shows is that you can't see the ball or Stephens (outflung) arm because his body is in the way?
attachment.php

Besides. I'm not saying it did or didn't hit him. I'm saying I cannot understand why Stephen's thought it was a good idea to fling his arm out behind him like that. And, from the angle the lino had, I can understand why he gave it.

Outflung arm? - looks by his side to me
MK penalty, hitting Hemed in face.jpg

The Lino probably gave it as handball because the ball traveled straight down after hitting Hemed in the face and guessed that it had to be caused by an arm

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The video shows pretty conclusively that the ball didn't touch Stephens at all and bounced straight off Hemed's face.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
View attachment 73218

The Lino probably gave it as handball because the ball traveled straight down after hitting Hemed in the face and guessed that it had to be caused by an arm

I can remember Forest getting a penalty when the ball hit Guy Butters in the face. He protested to the ref but I can't remember if he got booked for dissent. Forest scored the resulting penalty which robbed us of points.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The biggest contributor to the miss was Baker himself , he starts his run up before the ref has actually blown the whistle then has a stop stutter when he does actually blow it , Cheers .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

It looks by his side because you cannot see it from this angle. Look at this angle below again. Stephens arm is fully stretched out, away from his body, towards the ball:

The video shows pretty conclusively that the ball didn't touch Stephens at all and bounced straight off Hemed's face.

It certainly shows that it hits Hemed I agree. But you cannot see whether it does or doesn't hit Stephens on the way through because his body is in the way!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It looks by his side because you cannot see it from this angle. Look at this angle below again. Stephens arm is fully stretched out, away from his body, towards the ball:

It certainly shows that it hits Hemed I agree. But you cannot see whether it does or doesn't hit Stephens on the way through because his body is in the way!

You are Jonny Williams and I claim my prize! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here