Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom and Barber

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And why are signings left sooo late? Hoping for bargains, or left with players no one else wants?
They weren't late.
All signings so far have been in the time frame set down by FIFA and at our level by Tony.

For our signings to be late the club would have to wait until 01.09.

Judging by the length of the Baldock thread, it would seem the club has been working that deal for months.
We can't just insist it's done before the Spain training camp, just because that's when some fans want it done by.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why don't you SUPPORT your LOCAL team ? You have a new MANAGER now so go back to BBS

The sad thing is I used to think your post were quite funny. Until I realised they were serious.

MissT

Nov 16, 2009
Please could you ask him something along these lines;

I was under the impression that Brighton's 'identity', as established by Mr Poyet, permeated the whole club structure and when Gus was replaced, a manager was chosen to continue with/build upon this philosophy (a little like I imagine Swansea have been doing). If this was the case, was this an important criterion for you when you set about replacing Mr Garcia or were you more open minded? Sami Hyppia's style seems much more 'cut and thrust' and, it's early days I know, I'm loving every exciting minute of it. Many thanks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was under the impression that Brighton's 'identity', as established by Mr Poyet, permeated the whole club structure and when Gus was replaced, a manager was chosen to continue with/build upon this philosophy (a little like I imagine Swansea have been doing). If this was the case, was this an important criterion for you when you set about replacing Mr Garcia or were you more open minded? Sami Hyppia's style seems much more 'cut and thrust'
I'd be interested to know if they have a planned style for our club and getting both players and managers to suit that style, or if they're happy for the style to change as managers change. And if the former, what style do they want - like Gus's or like Sami's?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Could we always have acapella GOSBTS? PA plays fanfare in normal way, then we take over with proper words on big screen, verse 1 line 2 changed to 'now is the time to play'

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Without wishing to derail the thread (I could Google it)... Are we tied to how far players can travel to join the academy? Palace clearly benefit from being a club able to give first team football and have access to a wealth of talent from the capital - this might upset our Palace posters, but it is nothing to do with being an exceptional club, purely geographical.

My friends friends son is the only local lad in one of the youngest sections. Many of the others travel regularly from as far afield as Kent and er ....whisper it...(South London)

el punal

They weren't late.
All signings so far have been in the time frame set down by FIFA and at our level by Tony.

For our signings to be late the club would have to wait until 01.09.

Judging by the length of the Baldock thread, it would seem the club has been working that deal for months.
We can't just insist it's done before the Spain training camp, just because that's when some fans want it done by.
Oh come on! You must know that some of our fans expect new signings to turn up within 24 hours of being targeted. Think internet purchasing with next day delivery. :D

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Did they try to convince Oscar to stay and are they disappointed he has turned up at a potential promotion rival after only a few months?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Could we always have acapella GOSBTS? PA plays fanfare in normal way, then we take over with proper words on big screen, verse 1 line 2 changed to 'now is the time to play'
Please raise this issue.

Key points.

1. Opinion is not really "divided". A massive majority of Amex STHs would love to join in the proper communal singing of SBTS. "Words on the screen are tinpot" is a red herring that only concerns a very small number of people.

2. Paul Barber and Paul Camillin have received the brilliant audio visual put together by [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] a couple of years ago and that surely provides a viable template to think about how well it would work. Original words, probably with the football chorus to close.

3. The WWI centenary provides the perfect opportunity to connect the club properly to the "Stand or Fall" tradition for the first time. Being more established as the club of Sussex, and enhancing the clubs broad profile as representing and being tied into the whole county, must be highly desirable.

boik

Could we please have sub-titles on the concourse tvs as we cannot hear anything being said on them, i.e. when the managers are interviewed after the game.

Yep, I'd definitely like this too. I love the hubbub after the game but am always interested in other football stories and get frustrated when I can't work out what they're saying.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
1. Was there any inclination to being back Glenn Murray once it was known he was available?
2. Are there still plans to build a hotel? Or has that now been dismissed.
3. How close were we to signing Adam Clayton?
4. Were all of our signings the primary targets, or were some designated as plan b?
5. Is it true that our Spanish wonderkid was/is being courted by Barcelona/Real Madrid? (can't remember his name!)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Could we please have sub-titles on the concourse tvs as we cannot hear anything being said on them, i.e. when the managers are interviewed after the game.
Although you're right that it's very difficult to hear the TVs, it's more or less impossible to accurately subtitle a live interview.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here