Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Current World XI Draft

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Be at the club when relegation was confirmed and played/managed at least one game.

We'll leave it as that.

Well that's rather annoying as a pick I made earlier was with the squad and didnt play when his team got relegated. This leaves me with less options now.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Well that's rather annoying as a pick I made earlier was with the squad and didnt play when his team got relegated. This leaves me with less options now.

Ah didn't realise people had already picked for that category, I'm too indecisive for a position that requires decision making. :(

If people have already picked on the basis they didn't have to play then I haven't got much choice have I?

As long as they were in the squad when relegation occurred then they count.

Bloody hell. :laugh:

bhafc22

Feb 21, 2009
Market Harborough - Midlands
I will continue in category 7 as well as with a player who has been relegated from Ligue 1.

A future megastar and will fit in either alongside Arturo Vidal as creative foil in midfield or a bit further forward depending on how the squad falls together.

He was relegated as part of the 07/08 Metz team before moving on to Lyon and is now a star player for Roma as well as a Bosnian international.

Miralem-Pjanic.jpg

Miralem Pjanic
[MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION]

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Ah didn't realise people had already picked for that category, I'm too indecisive for a position that requires decision making. :(

If people have already picked on the basis they didn't have to play then I haven't got much choice have I?

Haha. Who'd have known eh? It's a fantastic game. It's a credit to that fact that people are getting so into it. Keep up the good work mate.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Edit: Go with what JOLovergrove said, and say anybody with one first team appearance that season counts.

I would say they have to have been at the club when relegation was confirmed, otherwise the player themselves cannot be considered to have been mathematically relegated as the category description states.

well that would have changed my tactics / choice for that category (which did early because its hard to fill, if they could just be in a squad and not play i would have chosen to fill a different category first with potentially a much better draft choice (and the potential non relegation picks have now gone)

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
well that would have changed my tactics / choice for that category (which did early because its hard to fill, if they could just be in a squad and not play i would have chosen to fill a different category first with potentially a much better draft choice (and the potential non relegation picks have now gone)

To be fair, those were the original rules. And they make sense. It's a tough category to word, but [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] has got this one right.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
To be fair, those were the original rules. And they make sense. It's a tough category to word, but [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] has got this one right.

I was only joking.

Agreed that the wording was correct originally and thats what i went by when making my choice.

Just hoping my selection for the 'never played a world cup match' category will still be valid by the time this finishes as i fear this years competition may have started and my choice have played by the time were done :jester:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I was only joking.

Agreed that the wording was correct originally and thats what i went by when making my choice.

Just hoping my selection for the 'never played a world cup match' category will still be valid by the time this finishes as i fear this years competition may have started and my choice have played by the time were done :jester:

Haha. Yeah that could happen! :p Good luck with it all. :thumbsup:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
For my 6th pick - I have decided I need some muscle to go with all the flair players I have - so who better than someone voted one of the 10 dirtiest players in the world... he does have talent too and has played in a World Cup final (and should have been sent off - see below!) - Currently in Category 8 but depending on when this game finishes he might be able to move to a better category! - I give you Nigel De Jong

1278875398990part-16gd.jpg

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
No one else seems they want to do it...

AlbionAlex - Cristiano Ronaldo, Branislav Ivanovic, Thibaut Courtois, Modric, Jackson Martinez
Frutos - Messi, Pep Guardiola, Mario Gomez, Mata, Alan Dzagoev
The_Viper - Manuel Neuer, Jordi Alba, Isco, Zabaleta, Edin Dzeko
JOLovegrove - Bale, Diego Costa, Gerard Pique, Cesc Fabregas, David Alaba
Gazwag - Ibrahimovic, David Silva, Daniel Sturridge, Petr Cech, Dani Alves
Jay_Cartwright - Neymar, Mats Hummels, Francesco Totti, Daniele De Rossi, Marcelo
MattBackHome - Andrea Pirlo, Cavani, Thomas Muller, Angel Di Maria, Gonzalo Higuain
Guy Fawkes - Casillas, Falcao, Mehdi Benatia, Theo Walcott, Kaka
ShaolinPunk - Suarez, Diego Lopez, Dante, Xabi Alonso, Nuri Sahin
Reinelt12 - Arjen Robben, Karim Benzema, Adam Lallana, Neven Subotic, Mario Balotelli, Nigel De Jong
PauldCPFC - Phillip Lahm, Vincent Kompany, Carlos Tevez, Arturo Vidal, Lavezzi, Pjanic
GullFlyingHigh - Yaya Toure, Mario Mandzukic, Giorgio Chiellini, Victor Valdes, Koke, Varane
Moggy - Bastian Schweinsteiger, Buffon, Thierry Henry, Arsene Wenger, Vidic, Sergio Ramos
Turienzo's Lovechild - Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Yohan Cabaye, Marco Reus, Huntelaar, Jesus Navas
Hamilton - Giggs, Gerrard, Mario Gotze, Sergio Aguero, Tim Howard, Kroos
GNLF - Van Persie, Javier Mascherano, Wayne Rooney, Hulk, Jurgen Klopp, Ashley Cole
STRIPEYSHARK - Wesley Sneijder, Joe Hart, Antonio Di Natale, James Rodriguez, Pepe, Ozil
Shatner's Bassoon - Lewandowski, Sergio Busquets, Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba, John Terry, Gary Cahill
Rohana - Eden Hazard, Thiago Silva, Łukasz Piszczek, Drogba, Ivan Rakitic, Mkhitaryan
TomFitz12 - Ronaldihno, Franck Ribery, Dida, Lampard, Baines, Gundogan

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Next pick for me is category 5 - top scorer in the Belgian league a few years ago, this young starlet is a beast. Strong as a bull, quick and with an eye for goal...

ROMELU LUKAKU

Romelu-Lukaku-011.jpg

Up next: [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION]

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
For my 6th pick - I have decided I need some muscle to go with all the flair players I have - so who better than someone voted one of the 10 dirtiest players in the world... he does have talent too and has played in a World Cup final (and should have been sent off - see below!) - Currently in Category 8 but depending on when this game finishes he might be able to move to a better category! - I give you Nigel De Jong

View attachment 53181

:tantrum: YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ****ING KIDDING ME :ffsparr:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Next up is Category 5 – Has been the top goal scorer in a top-flight season. I have picked the top scorer in Turkish football for the last 2 seasons.

In 2012 his haul of 32 goals and nine assists in 30 league matches for Trabzonspor meant he directly contributed 1.4 goals per game to his team. Only Lionel Messi has a better combined ratio.

In 2013, he topped the scoring charts again, this time for Galatasaray. he scored 24 goals in 30 league matches (as well as 8 goals in 9 European matches)

I present Burak Yılmaz

th

Your up [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION]

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Thought I'd just update it so it's on the next page.

AlbionAlex - Cristiano Ronaldo, Branislav Ivanovic, Thibaut Courtois, Modric, Jackson Martinez
Frutos - Messi, Pep Guardiola, Mario Gomez, Mata, Alan Dzagoev
The_Viper - Manuel Neuer, Jordi Alba, Isco, Zabaleta, Edin Dzeko
JOLovegrove - Bale, Diego Costa, Gerard Pique, Cesc Fabregas, David Alaba
Gazwag - Ibrahimovic, David Silva, Daniel Sturridge, Petr Cech, Dani Alves
Jay_Cartwright - Neymar, Mats Hummels, Francesco Totti, Daniele De Rossi, Marcelo
MattBackHome - Andrea Pirlo, Cavani, Thomas Muller, Angel Di Maria, Gonzalo Higuain
Guy Fawkes - Casillas, Falcao, Mehdi Benatia, Theo Walcott, Kaka, Burak Yilmaz
ShaolinPunk - Suarez, Diego Lopez, Dante, Xabi Alonso, Nuri Sahin, Romelu Lukaku
Reinelt12 - Arjen Robben, Karim Benzema, Adam Lallana, Neven Subotic, Mario Balotelli, Nigel De Jong
PauldCPFC - Phillip Lahm, Vincent Kompany, Carlos Tevez, Arturo Vidal, Lavezzi, Pjanic
GullFlyingHigh - Yaya Toure, Mario Mandzukic, Giorgio Chiellini, Victor Valdes, Koke, Varane
Moggy - Bastian Schweinsteiger, Buffon, Thierry Henry, Arsene Wenger, Vidic, Sergio Ramos
Turienzo's Lovechild - Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Yohan Cabaye, Marco Reus, Huntelaar, Jesus Navas
Hamilton - Giggs, Gerrard, Mario Gotze, Sergio Aguero, Tim Howard, Kroos
GNLF - Van Persie, Javier Mascherano, Wayne Rooney, Hulk, Jurgen Klopp, Ashley Cole
STRIPEYSHARK - Wesley Sneijder, Joe Hart, Antonio Di Natale, James Rodriguez, Pepe, Ozil
Shatner's Bassoon - Lewandowski, Sergio Busquets, Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba, John Terry, Gary Cahill
Rohana - Eden Hazard, Thiago Silva, Łukasz Piszczek, Drogba, Ivan Rakitic, Mkhitaryan
TomFitz12 - Ronaldihno, Franck Ribery, Dida, Lampard, Baines, Gundogan

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He's UNDER 24, He's never played at a WORLD CUP and he's faced the ultimate challenge of playing US.

He completes my front 5 (and he completes me)

One of the best young players in the world, and despite injury has has his best ever season.

AARON RAMSEY

aaronramseygoal20130928_640x360.jpg

-------Cavani--Higuain------
Di Maria---Muller---Ramsey
--------------Pirlo--------------
? ? ? ?
?

Earth calling [MENTION=25389]Jay Cartwright[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here