Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How can we be sure he's not just another two bob striker?

He looks fantastic,sign him up pronto please Hughton and Barber. However, I have a huge concern... A Florin is 2 shillings and 2 shillings is 2 bob. Does that make him a "2 bob striker".
I'll get my coat.

Ahem

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have faith in the Greyhound and Bruno for the season ahead- strengthening wouldn't go amiss but I think both will still do a job.

Same for me. I think the same applies - maybe slightly less so - to LB. It depends on the size of the fund available, and the priorities as seen by CH and the recruiting team.
There are better players out there for every position, but we can't buy them all!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fair do's Papa. I hadn't looked at all 1081 posts. It's an age thing I s'pose. D'oh!

I'm not trying to publicly humiliate you - just pointing out that another person also remembers what a Florin is.

And on topic - I wonder if we'll see some progress now the Spanish League season has ended.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not trying to publicly humiliate you - just pointing out that another person also remembers what a Florin is.

And on topic - I wonder if we'll see some progress now the Spanish League season has ended.
Or maybe just wait till 23:55 on the 9th of August.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Would be lovely to get a signing sorted by the end of May. Especially a position as key as a striker.

On paper looks decent , good age as well.

La Liga is a better barometer to compare how he will do than say Dutch or Belgium leagues. Always a bit of a risk but for the price quoted , seems an absolute no brainer.

If we could then get a LB , CM , AM to compliment this then if they all are a success then we have large potential to do something very good next season.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We'll only sign a right back if we are writing off Ales Mateju.

I know it's only one game, but in the playoff semi V Boro he didn't have a great game, particularly when compared to Cox on the other flank

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I know it's only one game, but in the playoff semi V Boro he didn't have a great game, particularly when compared to Cox on the other flank

I'd say exactly the same for the final vs Villa too although, that said, when I saw him earlier in the season in the cup (against Barnet, I think) I was quite impressed.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Powell seems to be quite injury prone and will Wigan want/need to sell now that they are back in the Championship. Could Powell also be a professional Northerner too?

I didn't think he wanted to come here! So yes professional Northerner.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
He looks fantastic,sign him up pronto please Hughton and Barber. However, I have a huge concern... A Florin is 2 shillings and 2 shillings is 2 bob. Does that make him a "2 bob striker".
I'll get my coat.

I'm giving you a thumbs up because, that was sooo bad. :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd say exactly the same for the final vs Villa too although, that said, when I saw him earlier in the season in the cup (against Barnet, I think) I was quite impressed.

I can't remember much about him from that game TBH (age, no doubt) but I think we need him to be more than quite impressive against Barnet if he's going to play in the PL.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So which team is going to GAZUMP us? It's going to be Burnley isn't it?

Nah a bit too foreign for them.
Our friends from the northern outpost of Croydon may well be interested.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I want Andone and Rondon…

the 2 Dons upfront has a certain ring to it.

Sign Matt Done from Rochdale, have a front 3.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'm giving you a thumbs up because, that was sooo bad. :thumbsup:

It would have been a whole lot funnier if someone more astute than me hadn't spotted it and posted it much earlier. I was alerted to this by one Papa Lazarou who wasn't trying to publicly humiliate me ( obviously ):)

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

Once again old chum ,no worries and fair do's. Someone else just gave me a "thumbs up" for it so they obviously hadn't spotted the previous earlier post. Chill!:):)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Powell seems to be quite injury prone and will Wigan want/need to sell now that they are back in the Championship. Could Powell also be a professional Northerner too?

He's definitely a Northerner but injury prone. Not so much anymore.
Played pretty much every game last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here