Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We didn't think Rangers had enough money to pay for Murphy, and we'd want much more for Connor, theoretically.

Even if Dunk stays I think Connor will be utilised more next season, we were relatively lucky with injuries and suspension this year

Exactly my first thought. They couldn't afford Jamie in January, and we still haven't had payment for him yet (as far as I can see).

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I could be wrong but I would have thought it pretty likely that there is investment going in to Rangers, Gerrard would hardly have taken the job otherwise. Arfield won't be on peanuts either. We won't be selling CG for that sort of money though and I'd be surprised if he is available for sale at all. He does need to play though....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Home Grown Player numbers don't look too good for next season if we ship out Goldson.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder if this Scottish Sun 'exclusive' and Goldson being on 'Steven Gerrard’s radar' has merely come about from Gerrard perhaps watching the game on Sunday and Goldson coming on as a sub for Duffy?

I thought the only thing of significance he did on Sunday was to give away a corner with a misplaced header back to Ryan.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Bloke's 25 and must feel like he dodged a bullet following the discovery of his swollen Aorta. Must be very thankful to the club but also hugely frustrated because he wants first team football, and who can blame him given the discovery of his unexpected and potentially life-threatening heart issues. He is a better footballer than Duffy, looks slightly quicker and appears to offer more of a goal threat - but he's not necessarily a better defender. Really difficult one for him and the club.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I thought the only thing of significance he did on Sunday was to give away a corner with a misplaced header back to Ryan.

After coming on for Duffy and getting 'on the radar' that was pretty much all he did, though I suppose that misplaced header did show all the key defensive attributes required to successfully play in The Scottish Premiership against the like of Bumblewick Thistle and Taste of Dunfermline.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
After coming on for Duffy and getting 'on the radar' that was pretty much all he did, though I suppose that misplaced header did show all the key defensive attributes required to successfully play in The Scottish Premiership against the like of Bumblewick Thistle and Taste of Dunfermline.
[emoji23]

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No chance. He'll be playing for us next season.

I like Connor Goldson and he did a great job for us in the Championship, but I don't think he has played enough minutes in the Prem for us to know whether he will cut it at this level. I sincerely hope he does, but we need to wait and see.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There is very little for the papers to report with the season virtually finished so a lot of rumours will be printed. I can understand Goldson wanting games but wouldn't think that he would consider Rangers unless Murphy has dropped a word here and there.

There is always the possibility that if we struggle to replace Bruno CH may consider a 3 man CB formation if it proves a success for England in Russia in which case he would play for us regularly.

This will be because the last time we tried playing three at the back it went really well :whistle::whistle:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I reckon Goldson could acclimatise to the Premier League with a run of games. Yes, he's not as good in the air as Duffy and not as physical either, but he's quicker, has better footballing skills and his positional sense is good. Also, for all Shane's aerial dominance, he didn't manage one headed goal for us last season and I'd wager Goldson would be more of a potent threat at corners.
That said, at 25 he needs to be playing week in week out so a decent loan to a Championship side would do the trick, provided we have enough cover.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we bought in experienced cover and were prepared to risk White as 4th choice then a loan wouldn't be the worst idea ever. But not selling him unless he absolutely doesn't want to be here anymore.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This will be because the last time we tried playing three at the back it went really well :whistle::whistle:

That was done with little preparation as in game time but if CH adopted that formation they would work on it from day 1 on returning back to training. My thought on England is that if we played that system and it was successful I am sure that many manager will copy it as happened after we won the World Cup in 66 as nobody had ever considered attacking fullbacks until then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here