Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retained list

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think that Baldock will be awesome for us, no Premier League goalkeeper would have had a sniff at the goals he scored last year. Write him off at your peril.
Add into that Sky’s love-in with his goal celebrations, he will make us even more box office, trust me……I’m a doctor….not

Baldock is a very good Championship player , not Premier League I fear

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hardly tried and tested, so your judgement is based on?
my judgement was based on the suggestion that his Championship goals last year would not have been stopped by a Premier League Goalkeeper.
Hopefully he gets a chance to prove us wrong and right

Far be it for me, of all people, to criticise a fellow poster for clinging onto the former glories of a player.
But Shirley you can see that ship has sailed, and even if it's only just slipped anchor, it's very likely to crash into the harbour wall.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If any of Krul, Maenpaa, Sidwell or Rosenior are staying we could hear of it at any time now.

I expect confirmation that any won't get a new deal to be early next week.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If any of Krul, Maenpaa, Sidwell or Rosenior are staying we could hear of it at any time now.

I expect confirmation that any won't get a new deal to be early next week.

Of that 4 I think Maenpaa is the most likely as he seems happy to be a bit player if needed. Krul and Rosenior will want to play first team football at some level IMHO, and Sidwell seems destined for media work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Im sure there are plenty of other Home grown players we can sign.....

If they're not going to play, why bother.

I'm all for getting the necessary amount of HGP from Barnet, saving money for the first team purchases.

Sure it'll look a bit bad when in training the captains pick their teams and it's the same faces left at the end.
I'm pretty sure the haggling wouldn't be pretty:-

'You take them all, but we'll give you a 5 goal lead, fair?" :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would seem sensible that the retained list is announced before the transfer window opens on Thursday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You know we will leave all our signings to the last day of the window. Don't you ??

Making the build up all the more exciting.

Finally, after months of nonsense, the real fun can begin at 17:00 tonight.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
my judgement was based on the suggestion that his Championship goals last year would not have been stopped by a Premier League Goalkeeper.

The judgement is based on the fact he has Murray, Hemed and now Locadia ahead of him in the pecking order, and he isn't making his way up it. He has had every chance to impress Hughton to make him selectable and undroppable, and he hasn't done it.

No players should ever be given a chance. They should always earn it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Even if Baldocks goals wouldn’t have been saved by Premier League keepers, they were created against Championship defenders. Would he be capable of getting into those same goal scoring positions against Premier League defenders?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting to find out if Bjordal signs a new deal as well, or if he's off next month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here