Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Palace (not really a) REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ridiculously busy at work today, having sloped off at lunch-time yesterday, in anticipation of an EPIC for the ages, that never materialised.

On another day I might not have not bothered at all, but I promised [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] ARTWORK for this one, so have captured some of the flavour of the evening in a sketch. I really wouldn't blame you if you didn't bother clicking on the link, this week, but it's all you're getting :jester:

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?712-Albion-0-0-Chrystal-Palace-28-11-2017

After so much anticipation and hype, leading up to this match, it never came to much - on the field at least. In the stands much tension, but strangely subdued. The Palace end far quieter than previous encounters, largely due to the counter-productive efforts of the black-clad 'Ultras', who set about pissing off their peers by stealing their seats, then trying to set them alight.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I liked it. The funniest bit though was the tweet of "I'm not even allowed a deodorant...."!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Can we have a cartoon in every match report please?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
This week's report is a perfect mirror of the game: a highly anticipated event that in the end, despite glimpses of entertainment and skill, is a little disappointing. Exile, you are a literary genius.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Pretty good match report apart from the ridiculously tall keeper who should have been portrayed thusly .

ant-jumping-animated.gif

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
This week's report is a perfect mirror of the game: a highly anticipated event that in the end, despite glimpses of entertainment and skill, is a little disappointing. Exile, you are a literary genius.

Exactly the target response. Lovely stuff.

Pretty good match report apart from the ridiculously tall keeper who should have been portrayed thusly .

View attachment 91581

Excellent point. Missed a trick there, to be fair. Midget Maty will be suitably tiny in future sketches.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
On another day I might not have not bothered at all, but I promised [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] ARTWORK for this one, so have captured some of the flavour of the evening in a sketch. I really wouldn't blame you if you didn't bother clicking on the link, this week, but it's all you're getting :jester:

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?712-Albion-0-0-Chrystal-Palace-28-11-2017

You promised ARTWORK, you gave us ARTWORK and more. Top, top work. An exile piece of ARTWORK is worth a thousand words. This original could sell for thousands. A classic of its time. Very well done and looking forwards to more of your excellent ARTWORK!:clap2:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
You promised ARTWORK, you gave us ARTWORK and more. Top, top work. An exile piece of ARTWORK is worth a thousand words. This original could sell for thousands. A classic of its time. Very well done and looking forwards to more of your excellent ARTWORK!:clap2:

You're very kind Jack.

More so than some of the oh-so-literal souls replying to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's link on twitter.

One for example, taking issue with the ACCURACY of the sketch, because the Ultras are positioned the wrong side of the goal!

It's almost like they think it is a carefully planned affair, rather than something that comes together as I go along, scribbled five minutes at a time when my boss is out of the room, then quickly hidden under my keyboard...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here