Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom at the station yesterday after the match

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I heard a story about the team bus on the way back from Wolves when we'd drawn 3-3. Normally, the team choose a film that they want to watch, but Poyet put Peppa Pig on because he said, 'If you play like children, you watch a children's film'.

Why did he have a Peppa Pig film to hand?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt think there is a great advantage if flying into LHR so would think it would be either to LGW or possibly a small charter plane to Shoreham or to David Golds company at Biggin Hill.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I believe it was Gatwick. As TB lives in North London it is easier, I presume, to get the train. The other directors flew back as well

Wrong, Darren Bloom was on the train back as well and BG Shoreham airport has not lights so no night flights and if there were the blue rinse brigade would go mad.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Agree totally.

Liam Dickenson was arguably worse as we spent £300k on him in League 1 when we were still at Withdean. He's now at Hyde I think.

At Stalybridge I think. Certainly was before Christmas when he was playing CB in a 2-0 defeat to Oxford City. They pushed him up front near the end to no avail! Good non-league day out though; especially the Stalybridge Station Buffet Bar!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think your analysis is spot on. We did crack the problem though, but let him go to Palace for nothing.
Give it up El Pres.

You can't be talking about Agent Murray who was an abject failure in his first Championship season.
A player palace fans were desperate to get shot off.
Right up until they surrounded him with fast attacking quality and played on the front foot.

As none of that was happening here, (a hangover we're still suffering from 4 seasons later) it's fairly safe to say Murray would have been an abject failure here too, along with 18 of the 19 strikers that followed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here