Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange little Amex habits?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You forgot that other little habit of yours - after a defeat, you rush back home to your PC to find something to moan about: Attendances, early leavers, singing, modern football is rubbish, we should have kept Dobbie.

I do wonder why you're a Brighton fan and why you watch the team when it makes you so unhappy.

Thank you for saving me from having to type this :clap:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Little things that you might do at the amex.
I never stand and clap the team out unless they have won the previous game???
I always walk the length of the esu and look over each end from the disabled area:blush:
My first comments after kick off is always"blue to blue":facepalm:

What silly little things are you in the habit of doing:moo:

Tablets not working then?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Wot! No pints afterwards??

Yeah, of course. That is my PRE match routine. POST match involves much of the same, and when I say much I mean the drinking part.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I like to arrive at least 30 minutes before kick off; enjoy a pie (usually chicken - but occasionally tempted by the 'special') and a pint (again usually Harveys, but occasionally a nice cold lager); be in my seat 10-15 minutes before kick off; chat to friends and family in our group; enjoy the build-up and fanzone; join in with STOOORRRREEEEERRRRRRRRR!; sing all of the words of Sussex by the Sea; enjoy the game (usually); never leave seat at half-time; usually stand and clap players being substituted; stay until the final whistle; clap the team off the pitch (usuallly).

Not sure if any of that is 'strange'.

It is strange, but only in that I can never have a pint before the match and not have a have a half time wee. You must have some sort of megabladder!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
When I enter the NS through the turnstile at the western end, I always use the turnstile at the left end of the bank of four. I once used a different one and we lost.

When I go through the vomitory, entrance F, to get to my seat, I always turn right to go up the stairs. I once turned left and we lost (not the same game as above, either).

Maple syrup, must be on the table before the waffles, before the waffles .............

You forgot that other little habit of yours - after a defeat, you rush back home to your PC to find something to moan about: Attendances, early leavers, singing, modern football is rubbish, we should have kept Dobbie.

I do wonder why you're a Brighton fan and why you watch the team when it makes you so unhappy.

When you are a proper fan you put up with the bad bits unlike the happy go lucky band wagoners!:moo:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Always buy a programme, from the same kiosk. Like others, always look forward to STOOORREEERRRR, with my children always laughing a lot and my youngest always asking me whether it's the Storer clip yet. Always hope I'm never featured in the Fanzone section, but like to look around to see if who IS on camera is near me. Always have a cup of tea at half time and nothing before or after the match, my boys also have Fanta/water. Sometimes swap CDs at half time with other NSCers (this usually makes us win somehow)..

Are you there tomorrow night [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION] ?

Could do with some of that Indiepop Three-goal magic.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Turn to my son and say "superb from Jimmy Case!" during the goal clips on the big screen.

Stand up throughout half time fruitlessly pressing "Retry" on my Sky Sports iPhone app.

Gaze around the stadium and remind myself that I never, ever believed Brighton would play in a ground like this, and fill it. Still haven't got used to that feeling.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No concrete habits for us. Normally use the ESL entrance at the North end, as that's where we sit, but we'll use the closer South one if its cold or raining. Buy some hot chocolate for the kids. Sometimes a pie, but rarely. Must get one tomorrow. SuPERB from Jimmy Case! Stoooooooorerrrrrr. Its the stuff of dreams!

Always sing GOSBTS. Never clap along. Start clapping when Greer gets past the end of the opposition line, and runs directly towards us.

Tut loudly, when we need to stand up for the same annoying woman who ALWAYS arrives four minutes into the match.

Never miss a MINUTE of action, hwoever much I need a pee. Sometimes a serious injury for an opposition player, is handy, and much appreciated in that respect! I'm paranoid, that if I leave my seat for 30 seconds, I will miss the BEST goal, ever seen. EVER. And that it is guaranteed to be the only goal of the game. In fact, on that, a few around us, got back to their seats 5 minutes into the second half on Monday, missing BOTH goals in the game. :nono:

Unless Reading slip up, tomoorow will be our very last match in the seats we've had since the stadium opened (getting priced out of the FS), so new neighbours and new rituals to discover next year, in the SWC.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Meet SIMMOSAYS in Dick's about midday, get nicely oiled pre match

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
When you are a proper fan you put up with the bad bits unlike the happy go lucky band wagoners!:moo:

Oh dear. Are the club still refusing to grant you superfan status so that all the JCLs will then know how much better a fan you are than them? Things were so much easier when we had 8,000 fans and we all knew each other by sight. Nowadays, you're just one fan amongst 30,000 and the majority just do not give you the attention you crave. What a cross to bear.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Always go into Dick's bar and, with my pint in hand, read the second to last verse of Attila's superb "Goldstone Ghosts".

As I come to the end of that verse, I raise my glass and say along with the poem, "We were there".

Still can't believe we have the Amex after that interminable wait.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I always have the exact same routine. Up the pub at 11 for 3 pints. 12.33 train to Brighton to get to the Amex early at 13.00.

Always use the same turnstile at the northern WSU entrance. Count the stairs on the way up to the concourse. Meet my friends. Have 4 pints (the third one with a chicken, ham and leek pie).

Up to my seat just as Hey Jude starts, sing along irritating everyone in front of me. Belt out Sussex By The Sea.

Then enjoy the game.

7 Pints before kick off? I would miss most of the first half :)

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Have a Hot Chocolate and stand just behind the less abled seats in the S W corner watching the warms ups..before wandering back to lower west seat - last time as well Fri as moving to S W corner...better view, stay dry and £100 cheaper!!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I always walk close to the Amex wall, that way the roof (which slightly hangs over) will protect me from alien adductions :D

Oh dear. Are the club still refusing to grant you superfan status so that all the JCLs will then know how much better a fan you are than them? Things were so much easier when we had 8,000 fans and we all knew each other by sight. Nowadays, you're just one fan amongst 30,000 and the majority just do not give you the attention you crave. What a cross to bear.

oh buzzer:blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here