Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Liverpool fans in the home end? Surely not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately, I know one of their lot quite well. He told me Parish invited members of the HF to a London hotel before the end of last season. He literally offered them the centre block behind the goal . There was apparently a power point presentation to go with it. This is backed up by another mate, non HF, who received a letter from CPFC in April saying reapplication for seats behind the goal and had been frozen and were temporally unavailable. ........since that time nothing more has been said and the offer for the seats behind the goal had been withdrawn without a reason. No further contact had been from Parish. My mate and his son who frequent block B in their black pyjamas will not be renewing their season tickets at all, whether it be block B or anywhere else, and it appears that seems to be the case with all of them.
My non HF mate said it was very weird last night, but thinks they will be back, possibly in the Arthur Waite stand.

I'd love that to be true as it's brilliant, assuming you have no self respect, honour or integrity.

Straight up lie to your most committed fans.
Get them to give up their seats.
Sell their seats.
Renege on your 'too good to be true' promise.
Turf out the 'Always' and maintain the S/T revenue.

All it took was a barefaced lie to the fans.

Kind of puts losing your flask into perspective. :lol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Disappointing not to see the hooded kids in the corner today. Even more disappointing that the drone of foreign noise was replaced by silence, other than the boisterous Liverpool fans who outsung CP2010FC from start to finish.. it was even mentioned on the commentary how quiet it was :lol: :clap2: absolutely brilliant

Whereas the football ramble described the amex as 'Absolutely pumping, a great place to watch football, love it down there' and that is from Luke Moore, a Pompey fan!

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Liverpool fans in the home end? Surely not.
I don't understand it either.

100 seats became available for STs in the Palace home end. Why haven't they just been sold to the first 100 people on their Season Ticket waiting list...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'd love that to be true as it's brilliant, assuming you have no self respect, honour or integrity.

Straight up lie to your most committed fans.
Get them to give up their seats.
Sell their seats.
Renege on your 'too good to be true' promise.
Turf out the 'Always' and maintain the S/T revenue.

All it took was a barefaced lie to the fans.

Kind of puts losing your flask into perspective. [emoji38]
Most committed fans? Really? A bunch of twats that give up and return to spurs when they've a new ground?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
A mate of mine knows the Bromley chairman who is well connected with the club. He reckons that they will not get permission to upgrade the stadium from the Mayor unless they agree to build a mosque for the community to compensate for the countless homes that will have to be destroyed. This hasn't gone down well with the EDL/ Tommy Robinson supporters who have replaced the Holmesdale Fanatics, who are deciding whether to go to Watford or Bromley, and they are holding Parish to ransom. This isn't going down well in the dressing room and morale is very low at the moment. He said he spoke to Roy Hodgson and he said, “I have been in football a long time. If that is how you upgrade a stadium, then the game has changed beyond all recognition. If people can’t see that, then I will be the pariah who only sees what he wants to see. I do not want redevelopments for my club in that way." My mate who knows the Bromley chairman also knows Sadiq Khan, who is a Reds supporter, and said that he was dancing around in the pub chucking beer all over everybody last night when they won. He got chucked out in the end.

Edit: Sainsburys is staying though.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thanks, that’s quite informative.

Looks like the main issue is that it development will involve knocking down 6 houses. With an apparently ‘unacceptable’ lack of strategy for replacing these homes or relocating tenants.

Crystal Palace, fobbing off charities and knocking down homes. What a pillar of the community.

And the arson of their own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A mate of mine knows the Bromley chairman who is well connected with the club. He reckons that they will not get permission to upgrade the stadium from the Mayor unless they agree to build a mosque for the community to compensate for the countless homes that will have to be destroyed. This hasn't gone down well with the EDL/ Tommy Robinson supporters who have replaced the Holmesdale Fanatics, who are deciding whether to go to Watford or Bromley, and they are holding Parish to ransom. This isn't going down well in the dressing room and morale is very low at the moment. He said he spoke to Roy Hodgson and he said, “I have been in football a long time. If that is how you upgrade a stadium, then the game has changed beyond all recognition. If people can’t see that, then I will be the pariah who only sees what he wants to see. I do not want redevelopments for my club in that way." My mate who knows the Bromley chairman also knows Sadiq Khan, who is a Reds supporter, and said that he was dancing around in the pub chucking beer all over everybody last night when they won. He got chucked out in the end.

Edit: Sainsburys is staying though.

Can confirm this is true - same source :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's like Palace are a great big negative black hole of self interest that's sitting there in Croydon leeching off the community rather than being its hub like, say, Anfield.

Witness the "fans forum" they held at Selhurst a while back where 12 fans turned up stating:"we don't go to Selhurst after dark on a non match day...it's too dangerous"

This speaks volumes. The fans don't live anywhere near the ground, they bus in from Mitcham or Shirley oaks on Saturdaybafternoon, embarras themselves, then go back home to Surrey.

Now charming wants to knock down a bunch of houses that belong to non palace supporting locals and further disenfranchise the club from the locals. Local club? My Brighton arse!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I see the dopey dozen are out in force.

Let's see now, theres you, doggie, Eagle88, Mr Putdown, Typical Palace, SE20, Red and Blue,Littlehampton Eagle, hmm, Im struggling now, one more than the 7 dwarfs,but, you wouldn't all be able to be Dopey, so, that doesn't work.
No, I give up, who are your other 4?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Let's see now, theres you, doggie, Eagle88, Mr Putdown, Typical Palace, SE20, Red and Blue,Littlehampton Eagle, hmm, Im struggling now, one more than the 7 dwarfs,but, you wouldn't all be able to be Dopey, so, that doesn't work.
No, I give up, who are your other 4?

You remind me of one of those kids in the playground, who just echoes what the others say and thinks it's funny.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Another palace thread..

Here’s a thought... to have less palace posters on your board maybe have less threads about palace... obsessed.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Another palace thread..

Here’s a thought... to have less palace posters on your board maybe have less threads about palace... obsessed.

It’s before 7.40 in the morning, you’re posting on a rivals message board, and we’re the ones who are obsessed??

Okay.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I see the dopey dozen are out in force.
There are one or two posts that are dopey (that Bromley connection and associated story is laughable, at least to me) BUT there is an awful lot of evidence piling up to suggest your club is not really run sufficiently well. The squabble between Parish and those soppy 16 year olds in the corner is pure gold, was so utterly avoidable and very amateurish. The ground redevelopment (the one where you end up paying as much as we did for the whole Amex but end up with only a quarter of our ground) seems laughable too - I'll bet that never happens and if it does, you'll wish it never happened.

Parish just seems like a total amateur. Lucky for you that you fluked promotion just as the big money came rolling in because I genuinely believe that has masked a lot of his incompetence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another palace thread..

Alternatively palace could be run like an actual professional business and give us nothing to talk about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here