Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goals tonight

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
That really was a shit wall wasn't it (Although I suppose you can't help it when Lua Lua is smashing it at you from ten yards).

Jumping up in the air when your in the wall is a footballing crime. Stand still, cover yer bits and hope it doesn't hit you......old Skool...

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Joao's sweat bands

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
If you want another player and hair -linked name how about :
1) Bruno's bald bonce
2) Calde's cultured chin hair
3) Leo's Gone Tee Leicester ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On the line ain't good enough , the foul has to be committed inside the box.

Mmmm don't think so? Unless the rules have changed since I did my refs course 14 yrs ago! I've tried to search but can't find it - need [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION]if that's his username correctly spelt?!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Mmmm don't think so? Unless the rules have changed since I did my refs course 14 yrs ago! I've tried to search but can't find it - need [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION]if that's his username correctly spelt?!

The line still counts as that area, like the touchline is counted as the pitch and so is the goal line. The line signals the penalty area, so the line is also part of the penalty area.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The line still counts as that area, like the touchline is counted as the pitch and so is the goal line. The line signals the penalty area, so the line is also part of the penalty area.

Yep that's what I was taught.. Thanks

A common misconception amongst supporters. Always annoys me when free kicks are taken from the line itself as there's no such thing (unless in direct)!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Tough call tho for the ref - millimetres in it. Most refs would have called that as a freekick. Terrible wall, but well played Kaz - he played for the jump.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Bit weird though isn't it - the ball has to be across the line completely to be a goal, yet if it just touches the line of the penalty area it's considered inside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here