Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To reach the next level...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I would like to be a team that can virtually guarantee finishing between 6th and 10th with no relegation fears and the odd win over a top 6 club .then I would think that we are established.

I’d like us to be a club that isn’t always stating the obvious :moo:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We basically gave three leagues.....top 6 Middle 4 and the rest who are all capable of going down Middle 4 = Burnley, Everton, Leicester and Watford. Be good to aim at replicating them.

Some interesting teams coming up...wolves look very good.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The Premier League now looks like an increasingly difficult balancing act for all but the top 6. Become too successful and the big 6 will pick your best players off every window. Become stable but unspectacular and when it goes pear-shaped, a bad management appointment or the loss through injury of one or two key players, you find yourself in a relegation struggle a la Stoke and West Brom this season. It is already apparent from some (quite a few actually) of the posts on here that anything less than a sparkling victory against all comers in every game is considered less than satisfactory. I really don't envy the task of plotting the future that is confronting Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Chris Hughton.

However, if any club is in as good as possible state to get it right at the moment, we are!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Is to reach the next level gaining 40 points by the end of March.
The trick is to keep on adding quality to the squad in all positions and create competition for all places.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I still think they’ve got the talent to step up to this level though I agree neither have pulled up trees yet.

March has been the bigger disappointment for me. He looks totally devoid of confidence and is a shadow of the player he’s promised to be in recent seasons.

Knocky has shown flashes of the form he showed last season but our (and his) expectations were probably too high for this season, particularly as he’s had to do far more defending.

Think we need to strengthen significantly in this area though if only to give us more alternatives....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly not many decent sides in the Premier league have effective wingers. Most deploy additional central midfielders or strikers to dominate possession or press the defenders but very few have wingers who get in behind fullbacks and cross the ball, being a winger seems to be a dying art

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We are getting more and more experience with every game. Survival this season, and knowing we've got more money to come for next season, means we can get more quality in.
Players will always make mistakes, as they're human, but please put this into perspective. In 117 years of being a club, we've never won at Old Trafford, so one step at a time.
Consolidate as a Prem club, and beat the big 6 when we can, and we can build from there.
this why we need good recruitment and bring a few through the Accadamy and we will be okay. Oh and trust TB and CH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here