Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal v Man City

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Arsenal can’t get 4th but they can get back in CL next season if they win the Europa league . Their game against Milan is 4 days after they play us. Maybe they might rest the odd player as their Milan game is surely more important to them than our game ?’

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The treatment of Schweinsteiger beggared belief, he captained a quality German national team.

One trait seems a big manager picks a scapegoat from Day 1 - Pep was no different with Harte

It does seem as though Mourinho's own huge ego, means that he can fall out catastrophically with players with a similar trait. That said, the relationship between him and Ibrahimovic has surprisingly been seemingly harmonious (whereas Pep and Ibra fell out very badly indeed at Barcelona).

On Hart, whilst Pep's decision to immediately sideline him, looked harsh at the time, he's surely been proved completely correct in his assessment?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I was texting my Arsenal supporting mate last night saying ArsenalFanTV is going to special after that match! Love watching it as it is hilarious.

Just think if we stay up a season or 2 we'll have one of those FanTV YouTube channels too and imagine all the bedwetters ranting on there; they might even manage to interview BG!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think we'll get well and truly beaten. Arsenal will take it out on us.

Also, if we beat them I can't see Wenger surviving. Personally I will feel disappointed if we don't get something out of this game.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Arsenal are absolutely there for the taking. They are probably at their lowest point in years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It does seem as though Mourinho's own huge ego, means that he can fall out catastrophically with players with a similar trait. That said, the relationship between him and Ibrahimovic has surprisingly been seemingly harmonious (whereas Pep and Ibra fell out very badly indeed at Barcelona).

On Hart, whilst Pep's decision to immediately sideline him, looked harsh at the time, he's surely been proved completely correct in his assessment?

The evidence is pretty compelling for Hart, dropped by West Ham as well

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Wenger didn’t make any substitutions. So either he’s planning wholesale changes for Sunday or we’ll be facing a lot of humiliated and tired players.

It sounds like Wilshire was rested rather than injured, so expect to see him back. Less likely to see Monreal, who is a key player for them.

As others have said, the Milan match is much more important to them, but Wenger knows he needs to stop the rot.

Can't wait for Sunday.

PG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I repeat.. I wonder if they would be so successful without their rich sponsors...
Not sure why you're repeating yourself. I guess I'll repeat my answer: No they wouldn't. But they haven't spent vast amounts more than the likes of Man U and Chelsea, and they are vastly better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It always seems a bit childish and jealous when people dislike a particular team/manager because they’ve spent the most money.
I think it's a fair criticism when the winners have spent a lot more than anyone else. What's in City's favour is that they haven't spent a lot more than Man U and Chelsea, but they are a lot better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it's a fair criticism when the winners have spent a lot more than anyone else. What's in City's favour is that they haven't spent a lot more than Man U and Chelsea, but they are a lot better.

This. ManUre and Citeh’s squads have both cost in the £700m’s, the most expensive in the world. Yet ManC win far more often, score far more, are nicer on the eye and are outclassing ManUre in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here