Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Does anyone use one of the 'small' suppliers for gas & electric

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
If you have a smart meter and decide to switch happens with the meter, do the current providers remove it?

Not if it's an active SMETS1 Meter. If however it's an older one, then yes, and if it's a British Gas one, then yes

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Another bulb user here.

Think they are 100% renewable supplies for electric & as much as possible (is that possible?) For gas

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
Has anyone tried Avro or Tonik - currently looking like good deals on Money saving energy club aka Martin Lewis?
Been with Ovo then Flow but latest renewal is quite a jump

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
If you have a smart meter and decide to switch happens with the meter, do the current providers remove it?

The "Smart mater" just reverts to a standard meter as currently none are compatible with different companies, i know a few companies have removed their smart meters forcing customers ( and their new suppliers) to put in replacements.

Jan 30, 2008
Bit outdated now (the article). Not to mention slightly sensationalist in presentation of their 6th reason. All of their negatives are in reference to the first generation smart meters. Second generation meters are due soon, and some providers (such as Bulb) aren't starting their roll outs until the second gen devices are ready.
yes but there's plenty out there with useless "smart " meters:facepalm:
regards
DR

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Has anyone tried Avro or Tonik - currently looking like good deals on Money saving energy club aka Martin Lewis?
Been with Ovo then Flow but latest renewal is quite a jump

Been using Avro for over a year. No problems with them as long as you’re computer literate and use the Internet for your account. Did a price comparison after first contract expired and found they were still the cheapest though I went back to their customer service and they suggested an even cheaper tariff they operated.

I wouldn’t even consider the big boys. Their customer service is usually rubbish and they invariably charge a big premium for their name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Sorry if I am being thick here but....

You are with supplier A and they get you/you get a smart meter.

You then change to supplier B. As your smart meter was put in by Supplier A, it is no longer smart but reverts back to being a standard meter?

So, if the above is right, the benefits of a smart meter (which seem marginal to me anyway) are obviated? As you have switched, supplier B will need to come and replace your (non smart) smart meter with a new smart meter? And then you switch again.....

Hardly joined up thinking.......

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I just switched to OVO as it offered the cheapest price when I called U Switch. Only started on Monday this week, still got lights and gas.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I use Iresa for dual fuel. Just some faceless organisation to pay your bills to, so I just go with the cheapest around which usually is the small providers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here