Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have a genuine complaint...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hyypia needs to have another look at his style of play. Two wins in fourteen games suggest that either it doesn't work in our league, or the players aren't capable of playing that way.

I hope that Nathan Jones is strong enough to tell Sami that it isn't working.

I'll support the team until the last but I am concerned that we're not getting the best out of our players.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
My only complaint is the inability of our strikers to score. The play other than that is fine imo. Defending is massively lacklustre but that's what you get when you put your full backs halfway up the pitch.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't expect us to always be doing well, it's football, you have to take the rough with the smooth.

However, I'm not overly happy that we've set up for a new season with essentially a League One strike force to be honest, especially considering how much we got in through selling players (not that I'm complaining about those dealings in themselves). Just a bigger chunk of the Ulloa money in particular reinvested in a proven Championship striker would have been good enough for me I think. I said all this at the time of the Baldock signing btw, not just in hindsight of where we are now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well some people already think we have St Paul writing a series of epistles.

He hasn't seen the light yet so I suggest he's still Saul of Tarsus

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nope, no terrible complaint from Meade and co. A dreary encounter yesterday, but no off with his head just yet from this slightly bored bunch. I wonder if the usual trollish moaners will have to find new extremes to feign their character into in order to stand out again, or just sit quietly relishing the collective snarling misery mouthed by growing numbers. Tis a depressing place to visit, this place, at present, even less entertaining that what our players currently deliver.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
...that doesn't boil down to "Boo hoo - we're not winning as many games as I've become accustomed to"?

I'm not sure I've read much, if anything at all, that people would be moaning about if 3 or 4 of the draws had been wins.

Anyone? Honestly?

"if"

You see you ****ed it up when you said that.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I think my complaint would be the growing disconnect between the club and the fans. I don't go as much as I would like any more, but have been a couple of times this season, and I've been shocked by the tenacity of the sales and marketing team CONSTANTLY trying to push the clubs "customers" into buying something. The constant barrage of sales emails from the club, and having gone to the boro game I found it so cringeworthy that during the worst performance of the season, they decided to release the third kit!!! Surely someone at the club should have recognised that it would have gone down like a horny dog at a miss lovely legs contest, and just gone "Sod it lads, wait till Monday". Another thing that irked me at the Boro game was the change in discount levels (I realise I am very out of touch having not really been able to go for the past 18 months or so). It used to be the standard 10% across the board, but now have a "flexible" discount system based on the length of time you are essentially being part of a captive audience. Every aspect of how the club is going about its business seems like a cash grab, and to me it feels grubby and wrong - and for the first couple of seasons it genuinely didn't feel like that. When I go to the game I want to feel like a fan, not like a customer or demographic.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
At this stage I can accept the results and league position. We are not in the bottom three as yet. Winless runs happen and in this division we need to be realistic. We 'had' to move on who had been our better performing players and they will take time to replace.

I think however the overall justifiable complaint is the style of play which does not seem to maximise the abilities of the players we do have and which many believe will lead to worse results and a worse league position. That would not surprise me. Posters are becoming very concerned as to the future with good cause.

From a financial point of view whilst we have not paid large transfer fees I do not believe this current squad comes cheap in terms of wages, signing on fees, loan fees, agents fees etc. and should be doing much better.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think my complaint would be the growing disconnect between the club and the fans. I don't go as much as I would like any more, but have been a couple of times this season, and I've been shocked by the tenacity of the sales and marketing team CONSTANTLY trying to push the clubs "customers" into buying something. The constant barrage of sales emails from the club, and having gone to the boro game I found it so cringeworthy that during the worst performance of the season, they decided to release the third kit!!! Surely someone at the club should have recognised that it would have gone down like a horny dog at a miss lovely legs contest, and just gone "Sod it lads, wait till Monday". Another thing that irked me at the Boro game was the change in discount levels (I realise I am very out of touch having not really been able to go for the past 18 months or so). It used to be the standard 10% across the board, but now have a "flexible" discount system based on the length of time you are essentially being part of a captive audience. Every aspect of how the club is going about its business seems like a cash grab, and to me it feels grubby and wrong - and for the first couple of seasons it genuinely didn't feel like that. When I go to the game I want to feel like a fan, not like a customer or demographic.

1. So you haven't been for a while but, presumably, you gave your email address when you last bought a ticket. No wonder they write to you but I'm sure you can stop them coming in if you wanted to.

2. the kit announcement was at half time and the match hadn't turned completely sour. Also, many people were asking about the availability of the orange shirt and they wanted to tell the largest number of people - especially as it was limited availability. Perhaps they should have emailed everyone?

3. The discount is actually higher than 10% earlier in the day, but if you just want to turn up 5 mins before the match you'll get 5%. But at least it's a discount - I don't know how many other clubs offer this sort of thing but I bet there aren't many.

This 'disconnect' seems to be as much from the fans to the club as the other way around

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A very valid complaint. Neatly demonstrated yesterday by the brilliant work of the jinking McCourt being wasted, as a bunch of League One strikers stood nailed to the pitch. After so many poor results, the excuse of unlucky, if only this or if only that, is dillusional. The largely League One squad is sleepwalking to its natural home of League One, after some severe depleting of squad quality over the last 18 months. Strangely, Bournemouth and Derby, also with no PL parachute money and also subject to FFP rules, seem to be marching light years ahead in terms of pace, passing, mobility, battling, goals and wins.

This with bells on!!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Yep.

Keep selling the best players and replacing them with inferior ones whilst all the time upping the prices (already the highest in the league) and begging us to buy more tat.

It's getting a bit annoying. That's my complaint.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Of our 7 draws, we've been ahead in 2 games, 0-0 in 2, and behind in 3.

So this thread could easily start with - if 3 or 4 of our games had been defeats instead of draws (and lets face it, in games like Charlton we well and truly escaped), we'd be 2nd from bottom….

Just saying.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Not only did we not replace our £7m striker with anyone who can score goals; we also let go two midfielders (Orlandi and Spanish Dave) and have failed to sign suitable replacements for them. Never thought I'd be saying it, but either of them would walk into this team right now.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
We are more expensive to watch that a lot of Premier League clubs and the team is playing awfully.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
...that doesn't boil down to "Boo hoo - we're not winning as many games as I've become accustomed to"?
I'm not sure I've read much, if anything at all, that people would be moaning about if 3 or 4 of the draws had been wins.

Anyone? Honestly?

Do you wish you hadn't asked or did the thug sitting behind Harty's seat yesterday force you to for the management?

I can't believe you posted this.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Cost of tickets and match day concessions rising from already high levels whilst the squad and performances deteriorate.

Club does not seem to have any sole.

Bombardment of 'buy this and buy that', 'we need more of your money for FFP'.

Football side of the club seems to be sick at the core - Managers with little say in signings, poor signings and retentions leftfield managerial appointments (Poyet was not leftfield).

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yes.

The fact that the first time I forget my season ticket in the past 12 years of having one, I was charged £5 to have a paper ticket printed.

Yes, it's my fault and all that, but come off it, the amount of money people pump in to the club, and then to get charged £5 to effectively use a printer?

F*cking joke. It's the little things like that which are really starting to piss me off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here