Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official Eurovision 2014 Thread***

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
CRIKEY!.

dont follow eurovision but just caught the back end of the voting......i am very confused.

please tell me Conchita Sausage (Wurst) is a stage name

all be it a cracking one

Real name is Thomas Neuwirth

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been out tonight, how close to last did we come this time ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
eurotrash.jpg

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Have to disagree. I'd say it's very much 2014. This artist has challenged gender stereotyping and challenged the bullying backlash of macho culture in parts of Europe.

The song was an enjoyable one regardless, I loved it when Dana International won in 1998, and I'm pleased again this year. If there are some in Eastern Europe who want to take this competition seriously then they, like Belarus, cannot call for people like this to be banned.

If they want to use a simple song contest to make political statements, then let the rest of the continent send a contrary one, and reply in a way that offends them most.

Thomas Neuwirth is a very brave man. And I applaud what he has done.

It has become a 'camp-fest', perhaps it has always been, most of the mosh pit were groups of moustachioed middle age men in tight T-shirts. We shouldn't get stressed about the geopolitical voting tactics, we should just cut through it by getting David Williams or Russell Brand to represent us next year....... we would win at a canter.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It has become a 'camp-fest', perhaps it has always been, most of the mosh pit were groups of moustachioed middle age men in tight T-shirts. We shouldn't get stressed about the geopolitical voting tactics, we should just cut through it by getting David Williams or Russell Brand to represent us next year....... we would win at a canter.

Certainly a clash of cultures:

Russia- I raise you a pair of sexy blonde twins
Austria- I raise you a bearded man in a dress. You lose...

I don't take it seriously, but I love it when the quirky and unusual wins. The Eastern Europeans do take it seriously though, so seeing their macho posturing neanderthals challenged by a Viennese stiletto heal made it all the more better.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The ONLY chance the UK have got of winning this again is by entering Chas and Dave.

France should have won, it was by fa\r the song that made me laugh the most.

What the hell was all that bit with Norton all about, were they taking the piss out of him?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
France should have won, it was by fa\r the song that made me laugh the most.

What the hell was all that bit with Norton all about, were they taking the piss out of him?

That was funny, and clearly unrehearsed. Even then, his wit was too quick for them. The attitude of our commentators, firstly Terry Wogan, then him, does ruffle a few feathers. It's another reason why the UK entry will never do well. That said, it is also a reason why people watch it. They capture an angle on the competition which reflects most people's view-it's light entertainment.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
So you liked the Icelandic song called "No Prejudice" which talks about how we're all the same inside, then talk about the Austrian entry being "wrong".

Nope, not at all contradictory or hypocritical.

You what???

This aint bloody question time you know, stop getting so political about things.

It's the Eurovision contest, what the hell are you doing listening to the bloody words of the songs?!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here