Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Last season's Villa team and QPR a few years ago are very reminiscent of this Palace team. Mostly average players paid well above their ability who don't care enough about the cause.

I still think they'll escape relegation, but maybe mostly by virtue of other teams being worse.

How are the other team worse, Palace are joint bottom.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst I'm loving the Palace run at present, half expect them to string two or three wins together and avoid relegation. Until that happens though I will be winding up their fans on Twitter and the airwaves...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I saw a game yesterday which made me feel a LOT better, only disappointment was a badly-taken pen which should have buried Albion.

Still if struggling to beat a mid-table Championship side makes you feel better....then hey. enjoy yourself.

If roles were reversed and we'd just been tonked 4-0 at home (and by half time) by the only worse team in the league than us, I'm not sure watching you lot nick a draw having been 2-0 and 3-2 down would make me feel any better at all.

I guess in your situation though, you have to take any crumb of happiness you can find.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I saw a game yesterday which made me feel a LOT better, only disappointment was a badly-taken pen which should have buried Albion.

You're as big a bullshitter as the rest of the Palace fans on here. Let's get this right - you saw your side slip even further into relegation, you lost 4-0 at home to the bottom side, you've won only twice at home all season and there's a toxic atmosphere at your ground with fans turning on each other and on the players, and players turning on the fans. But you felt a lot better (capital letters better!) watching your arch-rivals draw. Yeah, of course it did. Brighton drawing puts all the season's misery for your club and the increased risk of relegation all into perspective.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Can definitely see a swing from the fan and a headbutt movement from Delaney - let's hope both get lengthy bans. Would also expect a 7 figure fine for CPFC2010 for their stewards failing to control those animals.

To be honest, given the way they defended on Saturday, I'd rather they made Palace play Delaney play every game for the rest of the season than ban him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If roles were reversed and we'd just been tonked 4-0 at home (and by half time) by the only worse team in the league than us, I'm not sure watching you lot nick a draw having been 2-0 and 3-2 down would make me feel any better at all.

I guess in your situation though, you have to take any crumb of happiness you can find.

Sorry, I'm going to have to take issue with you on this.

Who says Sunderland are worse than Palace? Far better side, if Saturdays performance is anything to go on.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I have a problem, I can't decide if your pitiful surrender to Sunderland, or your capitulation to Swansea was the worst result, so far, of your quite magnificent season?

Losing 1-0 to Chelsea really hurt. But not as much I imagine as Albion knocked out of the Cup by a non-league side.

Or did you throw the game, then..

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Who says Sunderland are worse than Palace? Far better side, if Saturdays performance is anything to go on.

I was going by the league table, that's all. Even if it is down to GD these days, that does suggest Sunderland are worse.

Of course, that can change.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Whilst I'm loving the Palace run at present, half expect them to string two or three wins together and avoid relegation. Until that happens though I will be winding up their fans on Twitter and the airwaves...

Sorry but I think they are a broken side at the moment and with the verbal attack on the players at half time and at the end of the match, they really cannot be looking forward to playing any home games at present. In fact their next home game could be a very pivotal game against Middlesbrough, lose that I think the fans will go into meltdown.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Losing 1-0 to Chelsea really hurt. But not as much I imagine as Albion knocked out of the Cup by a non-league side.

Or did you throw the game, then..

I think your clutching at straws if you think we were bothered by a team of second choice players got knocked out of the cup.

0-4 at home fella, if all you have is Lincolns victory to throw at us.... keep going...

0-4 at home in the first half aswell....

Bloody hilarious

Attachments

• palace-fan-006.jpg
    palace-fan-006.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 213

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
In thart case on a one-off basis you're worse than Preston, Huddersfield and Lincoln City.

Never mind, you have "Fortress Amex"...

Except we've got significantly more points than them over the last 10/20 games. FA Cup is irrelevant and was our reserve side anyway.

I don't have the stats but, given their start to the season, I would imagine Sunderland have a lot more points over the last 10 games than you do.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Except we've got significantly more points than them over the last 10/20 games. FA Cup is irrelevant and was our reserve side anyway.

I don't have the stats but, given their start to the season, I would imagine Sunderland have a lot more points over the last 10 games than you do.

Palace 5
Sunderland 8
Hull 9
Swansea 12

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I was at the Ealing Road end. And Muzza was really SHITE. You should drop him for a while, whilst he gets his contract framed and hung on his wall.

Although I am of the view that there is a good case for starting Hemed in away games. I should mention that Murray has been scoring all his goals at home this season. The suspension versus Cardiff has interrupted his current run of scoring in six consecutive matches at the Amex.

In the last five and a half games he has played at home, (half because of the sending off against Wednesday) he has actually scored eight goals. That is five more than all of Palace's players have managed together in their last six home games. (Their total of three being bolster by two against Division One Bolton).

Our next two games are at home. We really look forward to home games. They don't feel at all like a depressing duty visit to relatives you don't get on with. We don't spend all week thinking about the inevitable pain and despair that the next humiliation will heap upon us. It feels really good.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In thart case on a one-off basis you're worse than Preston, Huddersfield and Lincoln City.

Never mind, you have "Fortress Amex"...

Well, we were on the day, no denying that. Our manager even said it. But, with only four(that's 4) league defeats this season, I'm sure most Albion fans are quite satisfied with our overall form. Your support on the other hand, seem to want to fight your players,your players don't want to play, and even your manager admits you are stinking your ground out.

I wouldn't trade your club for ours, for a ton of gold.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Listening to an Albion fan on Beesotted, he admitted that you're having a bad blip at the moment, without Stephens in midfield. Another one claimed Sidwell was the only Albion player to play the full 90 minutes.

A little inexperience from Canos at the end when he could have run the ball to the corner-flag rather than crossing into the box, cost Bees the 2 points for a win. So I guess Hughton will have you all in for extra training. And Murray can have extra training in how to stay on his feet as well. He never fell over for the team at Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here