Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footballers on Twitter - why even bother

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Could it not be that he's sent that to his PR to tweet and it's not actually his mistake?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could it not be that he's sent that to his PR to tweet and it's not actually his mistake?

Would that be any better ? He's only played about 12 games in 6 years, you'd think he'd have time in his busy schedule to send his own tweets. It certainly wouldn't have taken any longer than it did to type it out and send it to his lacky.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The #blamestockdale thing was when he had a FLOUNCE as a result of some criticism he got for a home defeat against Boro a few years ago, when he parried a ball back into play that was duly tucked away by the opposition. He was busily retweeting all the post-match praise he was getting from fans, and in amongst all that he retweeted something along the lines of "goal certainly not your fault Dave, you could've expected more cover from your defence". I replied saying something like "mmm, not ideal, throwing your team-mates under the bus", to which he came back with "ok, I'll just take the blame for everything then", and went on about taking a break from Twitter.

:rolleyes:

He didn't though.

The first time I saw #Blame Stockdale, was when he signed the Nsc shirt with it, at the Sponsors dinner. He did it with a sense of humour.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The first time I saw #Blame Stockdale, was when he signed the Nsc shirt with it, at the Sponsors dinner. He did it with a sense of humour.

I'm sure he did. The #blamestockdale hashtag had some good-natured ribbing that he played along with.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Knockers is the prime example, the way he tweets is just way too ...English at times. Pretty sure he uses some colloquialisms that you just wouldn't expect.

Reminds me of a Czech girl I met once who in the middle of her very limited broken English unexpectedly threw the word "Gobbledigook" into the mix! :lolol:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Wouldn't it be quicker to tweet that himself? He's basically written the tweet himself.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Screen_Shot_2016-10-23_at_14.38.02-large_trans++zRytHSQbJOZN5HN52J50Yj3H3UgYFAqu431LH4AExEc.png

Going by this (deleted) tweet from yesterday, Victor Anichebe can't even be arsed to write his own tweets. He's done a quick cut n' paste, but the utter BONEHEAD went and left the "can you tweet something like" part of the message intact. Clearly THAT bit of the text was from the club, or whoever handles his PR, or his 'social media' person. The rest of it is the textbook standard, bland guff you get from players depending on the result. What a lemon.

Why bother caring about it? It's just another platform as an alternative to a post match interview, 80 per cent of them are the same recycled answers and reactions that have been pre buttered by PR bods/club officials. The fans reactions to various scenarios are of a similar ilk too.

Hasn't there been a new some kinda "let's sing this song" thread on NSC popping up on a regular basis? Which is of a similar shallow non organic fan version of the same pre arranged internet based mindset.

It is what it is. Once in a while there is a really good article or interview in the Newspaper/TV/Blog/Magazine or Podcast that stand out from the bore fest of football media, other than that, there isn't much more to squeeze out.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Footballers should be seen and not heard.
Too many get involved on social media, with the inevitable consequences. The majority of stuff on twitter is banal and should be given a wide berth. We know whether it was a good, bad or indifferent result for our team. We don't need bloody players, bored out of their tiny minds, on the team coach home, all tweeting about the result.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It's no worse than Nsc. You can choose who to follow, block anyone you don't want to follow you, and have a good laugh.

Why would anyone want to block someone? I don't get it.

Then make out you can have a good laugh :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here