Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the most DEPRESSING money you've had to spend ?

D

Deleted User X18H

£500 excess on my Montego Estate when someone ploughed into the back of me in Uplyme.

34j4wpe.jpg

:nono:

Well claim back your uninsured losses from the TP at fault .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I usually pay about £80 or £90 per tyre for a Focus.

Could probably go slightly cheaper, but tyres are one thing I'm really not prepared to skimp on. There's only about twenty square centimetres of rubber per wheel that keep you on the road, so I prefer to give myself the best chance of staying that way.

But this isn't an issue now with European tyre labelling and online reviews.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
2 years ago, the young Zulu lady who works in the shop next door was run over by a drunk driver and left for dead in a ditch. Luckily, someone found her and called an ambulance, She ended up in a coma for 2 weeks and spent 6 weeks in hospital in total and was off work for 6 months on no pay. She has no assets or much money at all, but was presented with a massive ambulance bill upon her discharge, which she obviously had no means to pay (the equivalent of about 2 thousand pounds). Having negotiated with them to pay them back a nominal amount every month, the bailiffs arrived at her house to seize whatever property she had. In a flat panic, she phoned me to ask what she should do. Eventually, I ended up paying her medical bills to get them off her back and prevent the bailiffs from potentially asking for payment by other means. She is now in the process of claiming compensation from the SA road accident fund, but has been told that this will take years and may not result in her getting any money anyway as she is not permanently disabled. So that was all rather depressing but sadly a reality for the poor in this country. Gratifying though that I was able to help her get her life back into some semblance of order.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
2 years ago, the young Zulu lady who works in the shop next door was run over by a drunk driver and left for dead in a ditch. Luckily, someone found her and called an ambulance, She ended up in a coma for 2 weeks and spent 6 weeks in hospital in total and was off work for 6 months on no pay. She has no assets or much money at all, but was presented with a massive ambulance bill upon her discharge, which she obviously had no means to pay (the equivalent of about 2 thousand pounds). Having negotiated with them to pay them back a nominal amount every month, the bailiffs arrived at her house to seize whatever property she had. In a flat panic, she phoned me to ask what she should do. Eventually, I ended up paying her medical bills to get them off her back and prevent the bailiffs from potentially asking for payment by other means. She is now in the process of claiming compensation from the SA road accident fund, but has been told that this will take years and may not result in her getting any money anyway as she is not permanently disabled. So that was all rather depressing but sadly a reality for the poor in this country. Gratifying though that I was able to help her get her life back into some semblance of order.
What a sad tale. Good man for helping her out!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That's some good deed. Fair play to you :bowdown:

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
A while ago, I was told that my BMW has a flywheel problem. Remarkably it was just a few months out of warrant. I had only done 40k miles. Chandlers said it would need replacing, but it's actually a dual flywheel..oh and also Sir, we have to replace a perfectly working clutch...£1,800 BOOM! BMW knew there is an issue with series 1 and flywheels but wouldn't contribute to its repair...feckers!

Wow, I got the same job done for £550 all in by a mobile mechanic. Next time you need work done on your BMW give me a shout.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It was a dead cold winters morning, many, many, many hours ago in Watford. I was absolutely staving after another tedious slump up the M25 without a stop of refuge. I hadn't consumed food or alcohol for over SIX hours, so I did the unthinkable. I spent 7 hard earned Great Brittish Pounds on a 'Burger and Pint deal' in a Weather Spoons, far, far away. After waiting one hour, the burger finally arrived through the mass of wondfully upbeat Albion fans. I was singing 'good old sussex by the sea' and 'albion' just like the rest of the crowd, but my attitude soon changed. I looked down to see what they called 'food'. The salad garnish can only be described as a slap of tired lettuce stuck to the plate. The burger was tilting to one side like the Leaning Tower of Pizza, and looked more burnt than East Croydon. 'At least the chips will be good', is what I told myself. Oh how wrong was I! The chips were the worst part, probably because they promised the most. Probably because I was banking on them to salvage the controversy of what was before me. I should have gone to a Harvester :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wow, I got the same job done for £550 all in by a mobile mechanic. Next time you need work done on your BMW give me a shout.

Will definitely do that. Cheers

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Wow - that will teach me to skim-read:

15K on IVF - didnt work.

Wow, I got the same job done for £550 all in by a mobile mechanic.

the mind boggles...........

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I forgot to pay an NCP parking fine once, they seized my car and I had to stump up 600 to get it back. *******s.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
But this isn't an issue now with European tyre labelling and online reviews.

Nowhere on the labels is there a field for how long they last before becoming gripless balls of crud; nor very much at all really - wet performance (when brand new), noise and fuel consumption isn't enough to form an opinion on if they're crap.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nowhere on the labels is there a field for how long they last before becoming gripless balls of crud; nor very much at all really - wet performance (when brand new), noise and fuel consumption isn't enough to form an opinion on if they're crap.

Combined with the reviews though, they can be useful.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Today, I spent £25 on a new Sky remote control.
TWENTY-FIVE QUID

The old one was shite. You had to MASH the 'select' button in for it to function. The 'Up'button was pretty much a writeoff, and I had to have long, rhythmic, borderline erotic persuasions of the red R button in order for it to eventually consider whether or not to accept my desires to actually record something a bit later.

Twenty-five nicker on something that is expensive, needed, but dull. Its up there with new tyres on the motor - that could've gone towards a decent night out.

So whats the CACKEST thing you've had to buy lately, and deeply resented it ?

i dont get this ...if you are renting the sky box and have worn the handset out , surely the ***** would give you a new one...the fact that you have worn it out would indicate that you have been a sky subscriber for 7 or 8 years or that your handset was fuct to start with.......on a side note , the most depressing money i spent was the $3,800 i spent on an emergency flight back to gatwick to see my dad before he died.......if it's any consolation , i didn't make it.....cockhead...!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i dont get this ...if you are renting the sky box and have worn the handset out , surely the ***** would give you a new one...the fact that you have worn it out would indicate that you have been a sky subscriber for 7 or 8 years or that your handset was fuct to start with.....

It would probably involve a soul-destroying evening spent talking slowly to one of their battery hens in a Bangalore call centre, at the end of which time I would probably have begun self-harming.

So in that respect, it was probably £25 well spent. You've actually made me feel a little bit better about it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here