Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Love and peace to London x

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Agreed. I guess we're missing some usual suspects on here, so will probably change in a bit.

It also suggests that there weren't any overt references to Islam at the scene. I'm also surprised the ethnicity of the attacker hasn't been discussed, as it appears many people saw them...?

seems very ironic to put it mildly. You talk about the usual suspects allegedly quick to jump to conclusions, and the only one to mention Islam at the time of your post was you!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
This was my point, I think it's been taken that I meant the media would suppress it constantly but I meant while all this is unfolding, people in the media have a responsibility not to cause bigger problems by name calling, especially when they have poorly made the decision to do so in the past (see above post).

Fair enough. In that case, I misunderstood your post completely, and agree with you. Sorry about that.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Hopefully all NSC posters in the area are safe and well.

My other half decided at the last moment not to visit Westminster Abbey, but friends are in lockdown at Guys / St Thomas's.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
100% this.

And its the leftie reaction that makes people like Trump, Farage and more right wing views far more likely to gain support. Accept it for what it is, an Islam extremist attack on our democracy. Anyone making apologies for these views will have no sympathy from me and many others.

With all that whooshing above your head you're probably looking like Trump at the moment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
seems very ironic to put it mildly. You talk about the usual suspects allegedly quick to jump to conclusions, and the only one to mention Islam at the time of your post was you!

That's ironic in the ways that Alanis Morrissette's lyrics are. (ie they're not)

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I suspect the idiot will be traced, named and shamed. He's a complete dickwad, but what's coming to him will probably be out of proportion to his dickwaddishness.

I think you're right, and he will get worse than he deserves, as this picture now seems to be all over social media. However, his idiocy and likely subsequent predicament aside, it is just so sadly emblematic of the superficial narcissism of a part of current society that anyone could possibly think to reach for their phone and selfie stick in such a setting, while surrounded by others either frozen in panic, running away in fear, or in a few laudable cases running towards danger to help others injured or dying.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The French newspaper Le Telegramme is now reporting that three pupils from the Concarneau high school in Brittany are thought to be among those wounded in the incident.

It says the trio, aged between 15 and 16, were walking down Westminster Bridge when a car knocked them down.

One of them ended up on the car bonnet, according to the other young people, the newspaper reports.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The French newspaper Le Telegramme is now reporting that three pupils from the Concarneau high school in Brittany are thought to be among those wounded in the incident.

It says the trio, aged between 15 and 16, were walking down Westminster Bridge when a car knocked them down.

One of them ended up on the car bonnet, according to the other young people, the newspaper reports.

Oh my, that is awful. Poor kids.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
and the extraordinary response from MP Tobias Ellwood... despite the gun-fire, rushing to the assistance of and giving CPR to the police officer who was stabbed.

Ex Royal Green Jackets,so I expect the training kicked in.Brave effort!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here