Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Brighton Anniversary (Uber fan?)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
68-69 season. Either Tranmere or Shrewsbury, either 1-0 or 2-0, or both games. I s'pose I could look it up but I'm getting older and won't remember anyway???

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Can't remember the match but it's 40 years next August

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Boxing day next year will be my "golden" aka 50 years ago my dad & uncle took me to the Goldstone to see us play Gillingham - still have the matchday programme.

I'm thinking of writing to the club closer to the time [dad will be 90 then] to see if they can help us make a day of it - hope we're playing at home.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Inspired from a post of another thread... what is your anniversary this year?

My first game was January 1973 so I am celebrating 43 years.

I made my debut at the Goldstone the same day as Alan Duffy. January 1970, so 46 years coming up for me shortly.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Couldn't get anyone to take me to a game until I was 9, so my first game wasn't until 1970 when an Uncle finally heeded my plea's. Bradford City at home, South Stand seats.

Pretty sure that's the same game as my first one (and Alan Duffy's) as just posted.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pretty sure that's the same game as my first one (and Alan Duffy's) as just posted.

And Duffy scored an absolutely blinding goal - we thought we'd unearthed a superstar rather than the overweight boozer he turned out to be

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
April 1987, so it will be 30 years this season.
We beat Palace 2-0 (Wilson and Hughes) and it was Barry Lloyd's first win.
Sadly there is no clip of it online.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Today is my 35th anniversary - November 7 1981.

[TWEET]662968185554096128[/TWEET]

And, as fate would have it, my next game (god-willing) will also be against Birmingham - at St Andrews on December 17.

I think I'm right in saying that just one month after this fixture, Albion would reach the highest league placing in their history to date - 6th position in Division One. Which means that with impeccable timing, I managed to start my Albion roller-coaster ride at the very peak, and unbeknown to me had embarked on a long, slow but inexorable descent into the nerve-shredding, stomach-churning ordeal that would be Edgar Street 16 years later.

Still: tens of thousands of miles, over 500 matches and eighty-odd grounds later the passion burns as fiercely as it ever has, despite living abroad for 14 years. I suspect that the next 35 years will, on average, provide a little more success than the previous 35.

Murphychase

May 4, 2010
The Amex
1st November 1969.................Albion 2 Fulham 1.................the great Johnny Haynes was playing his last season for Fulham before retirement!
Ive been hooked ever since!!!!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
1st game August 1974 aged 11... but regularly since 77/78 season

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here