Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ITV coverage of the World Cup and football in general.

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
Or they're too mingey to pay for all the additional bandwidth HD requires.

Perhaps. Although their rough coverage suggests they are technically at sea as well. I'm thinking of the incidents of them showing adverts whilst goals were being scored (Everton in the FA Cup and maybe an England game as well).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps. Although their rough coverage suggests they are technically at sea as well. I'm thinking of the incidents of them showing adverts whilst goals were being scored (Everton in the FA Cup and maybe an England game as well).

I gather people watching the opening game on an ITV Player stream missed the kickoff of the World Cup due to ads, and joined the action about 18 seconds in. That is just SO ITV. They've almost turned it into an artform.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
ITV have always been awful at sports coverage in general, and football in particular. Their football "commentary" is so bad its almost laughable. They do not actually commentate on the game, but just have a general conversation about anything and everything apart from what is actually happening on the pitch. They were waffling on about where some players lived the other day, what some of the smaller teams players also did for a living. I do not really understand the thought process behind it, its been the same for years so it must be deliberate. The adverts are annoying but thats not the problem, its the price you pay for commercial TV.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That is true but unfair for Brian Moore because he was up there as one of the best commentators.
All about opinions but I could never understand this one. Always thought he was terrible and could never get why he was so revered.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don’t care anymore, numb to any atmosphere that still exists being drowned out by FIFA music and wannabee DJ stadia. announcers. Besides, hardly any real fans can afford to attend and the stands are full of idiotic corporates waving at the cameras; and empty seats that greedy touts and gravy trainers won’t sell for less than 1000 euros probably.

theboybilly

All about opinions but I could never understand this one. Always thought he was terrible and could never get why he was so revered.

I'm with you on this one. Brian Moore could make the World Cup Final feel like a friendly match. His hysterical goal celebrations were so OTT too but he did eventually tone it down. ITV had at least three better commentators back then in Hugh Johns, Gerald Sinstadt and MartinTyler. The Big Match was ruined for me by Brian Moore.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I'm not a fan of the Tyldesley / Hoddle combination - Hoddle sounds like a dinosaur and Tyldesley fails constantly at trying to be Mr Smarty pants - however.....
how on earth Mark Lawrenson still gets a job on telly baffles me. He's cocky, bored, sarcastic and generally dreadful and not sounding like a guy in tune with the fans today. Someone must know why he keeps getting employed but for me he needs to be pensioned off quickly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here