Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] iPhone X

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cheap and crappy Sony Aqua something? M4? I was late to the smartphone party as I took my ipad touch with me everywhere I go so had that for most of the apps I needed. I accept that the cheapness of the device will play a huge part (terrible memory, so can barely download any apps, despite the slot for microsd), but the OS just doesn't feel as comfortable to me as iOS does on my iPod touch.
Well it makes a huge difference what phone you have. Try the latest iOS on an iPhone4, it's quite painful. You need a reasonable phone (doesn't need to be expensive) and to clear away stuff you don't need, streamline it etc. You can also put a custom launcher on it, like Nova, so you don't have annoying bloatware from the phone brand etc.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Firstly cables and chargers are available for 99p on eBay, secondly, you mentioned an iPhone 5s. That's a 4 year old phone still running perfectly. Maybe that's the difference, Apple products last that bit longer and are that bit more well made. My 6plus is nearly 3 and is a brilliant phone. How many are still using 4 year old Samsungs? The cost in upgrading or buying a new phone negates Apple's more expensive price. When you buy an iPhone, you expect to keep it for 5 years or so. I genuinely don't know, but is that the same with Andriod?

Please, don't buy 99p cables and chargers, for any phone - they can kill you.

You can also buy tyres and brakes for your car from Ebay (and others) at much lower prices than from OEMs, but it's a gamble that not too many people take.
Sadly, people do not seem to understand the risk that saving a few pounds with phone chargers brings....

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
A bit disappointed that the 8 isn't much of a step-up from the 7.

Been upgrading every year and will do so with the X, got a few neats bits to it, even though i'm sure its the beta version in reality. Most appealing to me is the plus sized screen in the regular sized body (or there abouts). LOVE my plus screen but i'll take that!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Apple iPhone 8 plus and Apple Watch 3 on order. Delivery week plus. Happy days

And will you be getting a 10 in two months time?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

No, not me. Still runnnig a >6 year old iMac. Agree with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], the apple service support has been superb. They have taken any issue I have raised via phone and helped, some of which have taken lots time.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
After the disappointment of the iPhone X announcement I went and bought myself a galaxy s8 for the measly sum of £450.

Great features.... Full edge to edge front screen, OLED display (been around a couple of years on Samsung), no home button, facial and iris login, wireless charging, 12mp camera, frustratingly no dancing emojis though....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

boik

After the disappointment of the iPhone X announcement I went and bought myself a galaxy s8 for the measly sum of £450.

Great features.... Full edge to edge front screen, OLED display (been around a couple of years on Samsung), no home button, facial and iris login, wireless charging, 12mp camera, frustratingly no dancing emojis though....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bit of a show stopper for some people.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Please, don't buy 99p cables and chargers, for any phone - they can kill you.

You can also buy tyres and brakes for your car from Ebay (and others) at much lower prices than from OEMs, but it's a gamble that not too many people take.
Sadly, people do not seem to understand the risk that saving a few pounds with phone chargers brings....

I understand your concern, but charging cables in my experience are exactly the same as Apple cables and quite rightly are only 99p. Much like you can now buy them in Poundland too.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
ibol.jpg

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Like all technology, I'm a few years behind everyone else. I can't justify spending loads on the latest of anything. I'm pretty excited to be upgrading to a Commodore 64 soon though!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

I also just got the 8 plus, don't actually like the design of the X, nor the face scan thing. First-gen technology is always tempremental anyway.

Also managed to get a fantastic deal on it that was cheaper than a lot of deals around for the 7 plus :shrug:

I upgraded from the 3 year old iphone 6.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m not changing this year. Seems little point going from the 7 Plus to the 8 Plus and I just can’t justify the £1149 for the 256gb X.

64gb is too small for me and they don’t make a 128gb.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I understand your concern, but charging cables in my experience are exactly the same as Apple cables and quite rightly are only 99p. Much like you can now buy them in Poundland too.

I've had bad experiences whenever I've moved away from Apple charging cables - for whatever reason, it's always killed my battery life within days of using the alternative cable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here