Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You're all a bunch of big girls blouses.

I cycled to work at 5:45 yesterday morning, in shorts and short sleeve shirt.
The uniform I wore all morning, on delivery, just like I did in August.

Man up geeks. :lolol:

Happy to be a blouse.

Thermal tights, ski socks, merino base layer, long sleeved thermal top, gilet, buff, hat, thick gloves.

And even then it's too cold.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was doing so well.
I instantly realised Brexit and UK politics in general was completely pointless being 'debated' on NSC.
If I'd worked out as quickly that Jem was just a BGesque algorithm, I could have saved myself 100's of posts with a simple 'whatever'.

Live and learn.

It's not even about debating it, it's just too depressing to see the unashamed fvckwittery displayed so unashamedly by so many.

Anyway, cycling's fun, isn't it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy to be a blouse.

Thermal tights, ski socks, merino base layer, long sleeved thermal top, gilet, buff, hat, thick gloves.

And even then it's too cold.

Thursday night was

Winter boots, summer socks, tights, thin base layer, long sleeve, standard gloves, buff, skull cap.

Not far off but just too hot, I probably could have done without the cap.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hi guys- looking forward to next weeks NSC Geeks ride, where exactly are we meeting? (i know its the airfield but not sure where on it)

For those doing the Geeks ride Saturday 12th. Meet at 9.30 outside the main terminal building. Ned I know you're driving over, so meet us there and then I'll show you where you can park for free. See you all next week.

For those doing the Geeks ride Saturday 12th. Meet at 9.30 outside the main terminal building. Ned I know you're driving over, so meet us there and then I'll show you where you can park for free. See you all next week.

Well xcited, anyone passing mine let me know n we can ride over together!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Geoff and I will also be driving over

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] I've just had a little play around on plotaroute, before bed:-

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/315876

I even (pointlessly) incorporated Cobb Lane for you.
You can come back even closer to the A23 starting at Colwood Lane finishing through Twineham, but I do loves me a bit of Spronketts.

The Wall, is Kidd's Hill, which is just below Coleman's Hatch.
On your route it's just a few minutes right of Chelwood Gate. (Kidd's goes up hill left to right)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have developed a heavy cold, and Saturday's forecast has confirmed that I'd be doing myself no favours at all if I joined the Geeks ride. So I will give it a miss this time - sorry Tricky and banjo...

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I have developed a heavy cold, and Saturday's forecast has confirmed that I'd be doing myself no favours at all if I joined the Geeks ride. So I will give it a miss this time - sorry Tricky and banjo...

No worries Pogue, was thinking this morning that with the strong chance of rain all day, that we'll have to make a late call on this ride. Don't fancy riding 5 odd hours in the rain.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
No worries Pogue, was thinking this morning that with the strong chance of rain all day, that we'll have to make a late call on this ride. Don't fancy riding 5 odd hours in the rain.

forecast is pretty grimm at the moment ,100% chance rain all morning 23mph winds and none too warm-this isnt looking good-I know about rule #5 and that -but I'm also not that keen on a 5 hour misery fest :-(

Hey [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] I've just had a little play around on plotaroute, before bed:-

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/315876

I even (pointlessly) incorporated Cobb Lane for you.
You can come back even closer to the A23 starting at Colwood Lane finishing through Twineham, but I do loves me a bit of Spronketts.

The Wall, is Kidd's Hill, which is just below Coleman's Hatch.
On your route it's just a few minutes right of Chelwood Gate. (Kidd's goes up hill left to right)

Cheers John, ill give that a go for sure. Can the ride be uploaded onto me garmin from this app?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Just gonna bounce this. Only a couple of weeks to go. Come on .... no footy, what 2nd best thing to do than a Geeks ride. Oh free parking st the airport too for anyone further away.

BN53 4FF

Hi [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] just checking, is this the correct post code for Saturday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here