Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Serena Williams has had a tempur mattress for over 10 years

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Apparently

Any bods on here work in advertising ? can you explain why someone with a net worth in excess of $150 million would want to advertise a poxy mattress, i under the benefit to the company but what does she gain from doing it, i'm sure was well paid but can't be for the money, i don't believe she even really owns one of them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well it highlights the flagging name that is Serena Williams. She isn't the power in international tennis that she once was. She is advertising herself just as much as the Tempura mattress..

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Probably a good time to buy Tempur shares - the power of the celebrity endorsement!

UPDATE: Checked price, gone down!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Shes making easy cash on her rep, dont blame her, dont see what the issue is either.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
it all to do with scale. If someone offerred me a tenner and offered me a free pint of 'x' brand beer in a pub, and all i had to do was say to people that i liked 'x' beer, then i'd do it. Same for her.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
it all to do with scale. If someone offerred me a tenner and offered me a free pint of 'x' brand beer in a pub, and all i had to do was say to people that i liked 'x' beer, then i'd do it. Same for her.

Yeah i get that, does she need the cash and a free mattress really, i keep hearing Michael Owen on the radio advertising accident claims lawyers, now he's not short of a few bob but that's desperate is it not?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well it highlights the flagging name that is Serena Williams. She isn't the power in international tennis that she once was. She is advertising herself just as much as the Tempura mattress..

really ?.... flagging....

I would say hard to turn down a ton of cash for a days work.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
really ?.... flagging....

I would say hard to turn down a ton of cash for a days work.

That's my point Marshy, she is worth over 150 mill, so even if they gave her a million it's not really going to make much difference to her finances, but make a fool of herself jumping about on a bed

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
That's my point Marshy, she is worth over 150 mill, so even if they gave her a million it's not really going to make much difference to her finances, but make a fool of herself jumping about on a bed

silentnight_hippo.png

Hey steady on old chap, don't knock it.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Ha Ha is that you moonlighting for silentnight :lol:

Nope its serena

*I'll qualify that (as I'll probably need to later) & say I've always had a bit of a thing about her & i wouldn't have minded some fun with her (a few years ago)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

if you had 150 million, you wouldn't spend 1 day to earn another million ?.... I know I would... even if I just gave it all to charity.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
when you have a lot of money you tend to spend a lot, so need more. as a sportman you have a 10-15 years earning so you take what comes (for the right price) because you need to earn enough to see you through to 70+ in a lifestyle you have become accustom to.

or in the case of pop/rock stars, you didnt earn much first place it was all loans from the record company, so you may even end up owing them and the tax man.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

So if I had £150,000 and someone offered me a £1000 for probably 2 hours work, would I take it? Yeah too bloody right I would!

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
if you had 150 million, you wouldn't spend 1 day to earn another million ?.... I know I would... even if I just gave it all to charity.

It would depend on what i was being asked to do, sit in the palace end in full kit waving a northstandchat flag, would you?

el punal

OMG! A Tempura mattress that's battered and deep fried. It's not the stuff of dreams, it's the stuff of nightmares! :D

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For the record, she was trounced 6-3, 6-2 today by an unknown Jap. I've never seen her play as badly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here