Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] AC MIlan V Arsenal

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I know Arsenal were poor for 3 games before us and they did not play well on Sunday but I was so concentrating on us leading up to the match on Sunday that I forgot they had this match tonight.
You so often see a poor performance before a European tie, usual CL admittedly but this is Arsenals only chance of winning something.
I am taking nothing away from us, we played really well but we really did meet them at the right time, low on confidence, at home and this match was up next.
As tonight shows, they are a class side, AC Milan have been very difficult to beat lately.
Makes me feel even better about Sunday.
Still amazing how managers manage to sort it all out.
They will lose 3-2 now I've said all that.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I know Arsenal were poor for 3 games before us and they did not play well on Sunday but I was so concentrating on us leading up to the match on Sunday that I forgot they had this match tonight.
You so often see a poor performance before a European tie, usual CL admittedly but this is Arsenals only chance of winning something.
I am taking nothing away from us, we played really well but we really did meet them at the right time, low on confidence, at home and this match was up next.
As tonight shows, they are a class side, AC Milan have been very difficult to beat lately.
Makes me feel even better about Sunday.
Still amazing how managers manage to sort it all out.
They will lose 3-2 now I've said all that.

That would make for excellent viewing on Arsenal tv :lol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We played them at absolutely the right time. We were under the cosh in the first five minutes and then boom - we get a few set pieces, nick a goal from one and they fell apart. Even then we were a little bit fortunate they were so blunt going forward. We got the result and we got to play against a top team in terrible form for the first time.

Arsenal will always be a dangerous opponent, tonight they're playing with no real fear or expectation and the difference tonight from sunday is that they scored when they were on top. That's at least as relevant as anything else in the game.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We played them at absolutely the right time. We were under the cosh in the first five minutes and then boom - we get a few set pieces, nick a goal from one and they fell apart. Even then we were a little bit fortunate they were so blunt going forward. We got the result and we got to play against a top team in terrible form for the first time.

Arsenal will always be a dangerous opponent, tonight they're playing with no real fear or expectation and the difference tonight from sunday is that they scored when they were on top. That's at least as relevant as anything else in the game.

That and the fact that Ramsey is playing (who is very good) and Iwobi is not (who is not very good - at all).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Nothing on tonight's evidence to show that Albion wouldn't be able to cope in Europe.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Nothing on tonight's evidence to show that Albion wouldn't be able to cope in Europe.

Couple of comments on BBC report:
AC Milan should be grateful they are only playing Arsenal and not Brighton. Tony, Wimbledon
Peter Williams: If Arsenal can do this to Milan, imagine what Brighton could do.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's AC Milan, not AC Palace
You mean it's Aresnal, not Palace? Palace didn't come back from 2 down, they threw it away from 2 up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arsenal beating AC Milan was much more likely than the media made out. The 2018 version of AC Milan is a poor imitation of their great sides from many years ago now. Serie A is very weak these days other than Juve, and Napoli this season. In a dire league, they're 7th. Arsenal will find it tougher later in the competition.

IMG_2470.PNG

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. That almost sounds like a pre-season Palace remark.

It might well do, but that's the nature of ambition and the general disposition of supporters. There's always something more to aim for - a new target.

We don't need to serve a long apprenticeship in the Premier League before thinking of Europe.

Fans can and probably should dream of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here