Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TV Pundits and fans of mighty Arsenal find favorite sentence of the weekend .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some kept saying that they "hadn't lost to us since f*cking 1982". Yes, but we've been in different divisions for 30 plus years out of that.

That's the kind of arrogance that typifies their 14 year slow and painful demise. Clutching at historical straws, whilst other clubs of varying size are taking huge strides forward.
Time they clutched at the historical straw that they're the only team that never won back its place in the top flight after being relegated. They were 'invited' to rejoin, even though they weren't top of the 2nd. division, to replace a team kicked out for financial shenanigans. Strangely - even maybe suspiciously - a few years later they appointed the manager of that team to be their manager. Time they were 'invited' to join the 2nd. tier again, maybe!
Never liked Arsenal, and delighted to have beaten them three times on the trot at home in the league! Let's make it four on the trot next year!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Is this at all surprising?

There isn't a set of fans more self-entitled than Arsenal's (I even include Leeds and Massive in this). It's a real shame that it is grown from having one of the finest, and most stable periods of continued success in domestic football history.

I've always had a bit of inverted snobbery in reference to them. Imagine being sixth in the Premier League, Europa League Ro16 against AC Milan and crying on national radio because your team lost a game.

West Ham and Arsenal are in a league of their own in the entitlement stakes.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yes we know , and now you do too .

giphy.gif

source.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The usual podcasts were all very complimentary towards the Albion before moving on to eviscerating Arsenal.

The recruitment policy getting a lot of love from James Richardson's posse.
While Football Weekly concentrated on Hughton not being the manager (dull) people think he is.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Some kept saying that they "hadn't lost to us since f*cking 1982". Yes, but we've been in different divisions for 30 plus years out of that.

That's the kind of arrogance that typifies their 14 year slow and painful demise. Clutching at historical straws, whilst other clubs of varying size are taking huge strides forward.

It is utterly ridiculous, and entirely unnecessary. I don't mean that in a "how dare they treat us like a small club?!" way. They can make the point about Arsenal's great record against promoted teams to highlight how poor a result was for them. They can point to our record against top 6 sides to highlight how poor this was for them.

Since 82, we've played them 5 times. Three FA cup games - one when we were in the equivalent of League one, two when we were in the championship. And this season's two games. Such a ridiculous stat. It was like when people were talking about how our win away at West Ham was our first top flight away win in over 30 years. It was only our 5th top flight away game in 30 years.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Stats eh, make em say whatever you want, you could also say that on 1st game of the season Albion hadn't lost a league game home or away to any other Premier League team for 30 years

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Adrian Durham on Talksport discussing us now

What was Durham saying about us, out of interest? I put talksport on when i got home as i was intrigued as to his thoughts on us/the game yesterday, but seems i missed the chat about our game

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
That means you is relegated fam. The next yo is going up, innit.

............... or could a single Yo mean "we have been promoted....... and we are not going down?"

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Funny I don't give a toss what these oxygen stealers think I know we deserve the praise for beating them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The usual podcasts were all very complimentary towards the Albion before moving on to eviscerating Arsenal.

The recruitment policy getting a lot of love from James Richardson's posse.
While Football Weekly concentrated on Hughton not being the manager (dull) people think he is.

The Anfield Wrap has got that this week.

And we're going large on it at the end of the week.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As long as no one is taking us seriously then happy days. Lets do a Leicester in 2019.
Alternatively we could just keep on being the best low budget team in the EPL. It's about time that we took that crown from Burnley.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
As long as no one is taking us seriously then happy days. Lets do a Leicester in 2019.
Alternatively we could just keep on being the best low budget team in the EPL. It's about time that we took that crown from Burnley.

I'd rather hoped for something a little more than best low budget team. Screw low budget anyway, how many more times will we break our transfer record?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I'd rather hoped for something a little more than best low budget team. Screw low budget anyway, how many more times will we break our transfer record?

How does the "low budget" price band compare to that of "plucky", and how far are we from reaching that level of spending?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How does the "low budget" price band compare to that of "plucky", and how far are we from reaching that level of spending?
I thought that to qualify as "plucky" you had to have a shit ground and a smug **** as a manager. We're never gonna achieve such status. Fortunately.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here