Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo has to start every game now..

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OK. I am very pleased to say he has now begun to look the part of a multi million pound player, but he has taken a time to settle I think you must admit.
I agree that he has taken time to settle, but he has always been a class or two above Kaz.

I mean no disrespect whatsoever to Kaz by saying that - on his day for us he could be superb, but Jose is far better overall and, recently at least, able to produce a high level performance week in, week out.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He seems to be learning and making much better decisions game by game. He's not just cutting in on his right any more.

This.

£13.5m should buy you more than a one trick pony. His one-twos and the timing of his runs have been very very impressive. And of course, he can score a goal or two.

We might struggle to keep him if he is like this for the rest of the season though, especially if he does some damage to the top six sides we’ll be facing soon.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He made the 2nd for Murray. That give and go is just unplayable. Also brilliant for the 4th, the way he goes past the defender and gets the cross in.

He seems to be learning and making much better decisions game by game. He's not just cutting in on his right any more.

That fourth goal. I loved the way he unselfishly stood behind the line to make sure he wouldn't be offside. Great presence of mind.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He is indeed looking really great now, and I had my doubts. He did appear a one trick pony at first but these give and goes are a thing of beauty!! Still a paradox: his close control dribbling and one-twos can be amazing. His first touch and first touch shooting is sometimes truly awful.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He was terrific yesterday. He gets you off your seat when he running with or onto the ball. He makes things happen.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I agree that he has taken time to settle, but he has always been a class or two above Kaz.

I mean no disrespect whatsoever to Kaz by saying that - on his day for us he could be superb, but Jose is far better overall and, recently at least, able to produce a high level performance week in, week out.
Seems to be able to stay on his feet more than Kaz could

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Played well yesterday.

Our second goal cannot be rated highly enough. It was ******* world class. Everything about it was perfect, it was all one touch football. One the best goals I’ve seen this season. Lovely bit acceleration from Jose too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here