Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shoot the Palace scum - Really??

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Troll and no doubt Timmy returning. Look at the user name and the fact they have left the OP and not posted again. Weak effort at a wind up. Pathetic.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
First off - thank you BHAFC for a truly astounding display last night. So much good to say about that it's not true.

But....

This may be an unpopular post but I was curious if it’s just me that thinks this way.

As we all know, football has cleaned up it’s act and pretty successfully got rid of violence, racism and homophobia. Presumably everyone agrees that’s a good thing. Once upon a time I assume that even though many would have disapproved of one or more of those things, that yet everyone would just shrug their shoulders and say “that’s just part of football I’m afraid”. That was until someone actually stood up and did something about it. And then it wasn’t part of football any more and the game is all the better for it.

Well, I’d like to propose we carry on down that path a little further. Why don’t we all stop with the genuine abuse and hatred? Good natured banter is fine, lot’s of fun in fact. Having a rival - a pantomime villain - is also fun. But surely when I have to listen to 90 minutes of people screaming at the top of their lungs with genuine venom “Zaha you f***ing c**t!” “You f***ing w***er!” surely we have crossed way over a line from good natured banter into just plain ugly, moronic abuse. Why is that ok?

I know the history of why “we hate Palace”. But really? Really?!? Does anyone actually, *genuinely* see that as a reason to hate the whole football club 42 years later?? Like I said, if they're our pantomime villain and that’s the only pretext we need to make Crystal Palace that then fine. But honestly, why the genuine hostility and hatred?

I’m sure there are many who will tell me right where to stick my point of view. I’m just curious if anyone else out there feels it’s time to grow up a bit and move on?

I didn't want Stevie Sidwell to REALLY shag my wife... sang about it though.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
First off - thank you BHAFC for a truly astounding display last night. So much good to say about that it's not true.

But....

This may be an unpopular post but I was curious if it’s just me that thinks this way.

As we all know, football has cleaned up it’s act and pretty successfully got rid of violence, racism and homophobia. Presumably everyone agrees that’s a good thing. Once upon a time I assume that even though many would have disapproved of one or more of those things, that yet everyone would just shrug their shoulders and say “that’s just part of football I’m afraid”. That was until someone actually stood up and did something about it. And then it wasn’t part of football any more and the game is all the better for it.

Well, I’d like to propose we carry on down that path a little further. Why don’t we all stop with the genuine abuse and hatred? Good natured banter is fine, lot’s of fun in fact. Having a rival - a pantomime villain - is also fun. But surely when I have to listen to 90 minutes of people screaming at the top of their lungs with genuine venom “Zaha you f***ing c**t!” “You f***ing w***er!” surely we have crossed way over a line from good natured banter into just plain ugly, moronic abuse. Why is that ok?

I know the history of why “we hate Palace”. But really? Really?!? Does anyone actually, *genuinely* see that as a reason to hate the whole football club 42 years later?? Like I said, if they're our pantomime villain and that’s the only pretext we need to make Crystal Palace that then fine. But honestly, why the genuine hostility and hatred?

I’m sure there are many who will tell me right where to stick my point of view. I’m just curious if anyone else out there feels it’s time to grow up a bit and move on?

Perhaps Bowls is more your thing.

If you think for 1 second I will ever stop the abuse towards anything to do with the SCUM and that c*nt Zhahahahahahaha then you can stick your opinion up my a*se.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I’m just curious if anyone else out there feels it’s time to grow up a bit and move on?

Yes it is, but a fat chance with so many idiots among our own supporters. All they do is bring our reputation down to the same level as some of the morons among the Palace supporters.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

But....

**** off you bellend.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Shoot the Palace scum - Really?

No not really, you idiot. Same as I don't really want Ginger hair, or Steve Sidwell boning my missus, Peter Ward playing every position on the pitch would be shit, and Steve Coppell does not have perennial gonorrhea.
This post is fantastic. As for the OP, stop being such an absolute melt.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes it is, but a fat chance with so many idiots among our own supporters. All they do is bring our reputation down to the same level as some of the morons among the Palace supporters.

I wouldn't say there were that many idiots, perhaps a couple hundred including yourself, no doubt your arse firmly planted on a 1901 seat.

el punal

But....

I would suggest you address your concerns to Palace fans and see what their response is.

They are our bitter rivals, as we are theirs, so the trading of insults, very rude songs and chants, character assassination is all part and parcel of this fixture. Like or loathe it is not going away. Most of it will all be put aside and forgotten until the next meeting.

My simple advice - if you don’t like it, don’t go, then you won’t be offended.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What a waste of ink...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't go then. That will solve your problem.

This. Although it’s a highly unpopular solution in today’s world. Far better to be permanently outraged at zillions of things both near and far but none really any of my business. In a word, “entitlement”.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's pretty clear where the line(s) are. No hooliganism or racist/sexist/homophobic or genuinely abusive personal chanting. But pantomime "hatred"? Really? Have a word with yourself.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Shoot the Palace scum - Really?

No not really, you idiot. Same as I don't really want Ginger hair, or Steve Sidwell boning my missus, Peter Ward playing every position on the pitch would be shit, and Steve Coppell does not have perennial gonorrhea.

One of these is not true!

Zaha is a hideous shitehouse!

And relax

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

But....

Evening Wilfried, looks like the booing and banter got to you last night. We meant every word, you cheating dickhead.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tribalism keeps football passionate and interesting, else you wouldn't get games with the intensity of last night.

What you are proposing is the death of the game as far as I'm concerned, I've been in the 1901 and simialar corporate affairs and it is a soul destroying experience of impassioned individuals. If ever we get to that stage then football will be done for me. Visiting the Emirates last season is a good indication of it moving in the direction you want.

They are just words, there is no intent to 'shoot', or in most cases, harm anyone. It's just a pantomime display of an exaggerated hate of another club/individual. Long may it continue.

There's more passion in the 1901 area where I sit than most other areas of the ground as far as I can see.......

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The only concern I had was that so many folk appear to have fathers with guns.

But I would add that mother is always right.

I have no problem with Zaha being a **** on the pitch. If people started harassing him off the pitch, apart from the odd vegan pie ordered in error, then that's different.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fair enough, been a few years since my visit.

Seriously, I do know what you mean, but everyone around us joins in all the songs, including the shooting of Palace scum (of course my Father doesn't own a gun, and neither do I, so my son can't shoot them either). All part of the game, and although swearing is frowned upon in 1901 (in the last few years it seems to have been relaxed a little), last night the 'F' word was rife at times especially when Balogun made that superb tackle in the North West corner. and Zaha started grizzling...... Just a great night....

Oh and they really did run away on Boxing day, so it's a factually accurate song.......

If we take away the pantomime element of chanting - you'll remove an element of the passion as well. Step too far for me......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here