Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Christopher Chope

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And yet they are still ahead according to yougov:

Conservatives 42%, Labour 39% (11-12 June)

Shows what a cracking job the plonker Corbyn is doing. Labour would be 20% ahead in the polls with even a half decent leader. :angry:

hard to disagree

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
"Do we all agree that being lecherous perverts is a bad thing? Yes? Good."

I would imagine this is just the starting point for any law. Any new law should be put under proper scrutiny no matter how obvious it seems.

I don't know the process well enough to know if he's being a cock, and I suspect nobody else on this thread does either, but it's pretty clear there's more to this than meets the eye.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
His mate Philip Davies was in on it too, wonder if he takes pics of his girlfriend Esther McVey without her knowing ???

I can't believe he is still an MP. Even by Tory standards.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Someone on Twitter referred to him and Philip Davies (another charmer who talks out removing hospital parking charges and the like) as "the axis of scum", which I quite liked.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
He is my local mp and, you won’t be surprised to learn, he is utterly useless.

He also has form for this sort of behaviour, his voting record is embarrassing.

Unfortunately there’s no chance of him being voted out, Christchurch would vote in a cat if it was wearing a blue ribbon.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So Brexit should be debated and voted on in every particle,but laws that carry a prison sentence shouldn't?Thought you all admired principled MP's?He stays late every Friday to ensure laws that can have serious consequences have a proper debate.Democracy at it's finest,surely?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Someone on Twitter referred to him and Philip Davies (another charmer who talks out removing hospital parking charges and the like) as "the axis of scum", which I quite liked.

Most normal people stop reading at 'twitter'!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also voted against a Hillsborough debate in favour of one about MPs pensions, and against Alan Turing receiving a pardon.

Nice chap. In touch with the people.

Today he also used the Commons session to delay another government-backed bill, which would make it an offence to attack police dogs or horses, or prison officer dogs.

The Commons has a proud tradition of maverick backbench MP's, not towing the line.

But in scuppering all these great causes, he comes across as an evil piece of shit.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44496427

Come on then all you Politicos. Is there some deep rooted reason for this or does he just like taking pictures of ladies knickers?

Edit - Chope. Dog ate my autocorrect or something

This is really poor journalism, I would expect his motives for objecting to be in the first paragraph not as a footnote near the bottom of the page.

Other than that i think its funny seeing a white hetro male sticking it to the wymyns lobby.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So Brexit should be debated and voted on in every particle,but laws that carry a prison sentence shouldn't?Thought you all admired principled MP's?He stays late every Friday to ensure laws that can have serious consequences have a proper debate.Democracy at it's finest,surely?

One is very complicated and the other quite straightforward. Ironically, I suspect Mr Chope has voted with the Government for the power grab that allows the Government to pass laws without parliamentary scrutiny.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is really poor journalism, I would expect his motives for objecting to be in the first paragraph not as a footnote near the bottom of the page.

Other than that i think its funny seeing a white hetro male sticking it to the wymyns lobby.

He blocked Alan Turing's pardon and a Hillsborough debate, NOT for the reason of allegedly shoddy legislation being pushed through late in a parliamentary session.

Unpleasant MP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So is this thread suggesting we should have more lapdog politicians who just robotically tow the party line?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Women's lobby? I trust if somebody took some photographs of your daughter or wife's genitals by sneaking a camera underneath their skirt without your knowledge, you' d be fine with that.

I'm joking of course. As if you have a wife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here