Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man United goals

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Dunk will be disappointed with both. Our set piece defending has been much better, but if doing their homework sides realise Duffy remains spare to attack the ball, then they can look to isolate the centre backs as they did for the 2nd - we simply didn’t get enough bodies at the far post. I’d have to see the second again as didn’t really see a foul.

It looked like they had two more bodies than we did at back post. Disappointing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wasn't Dunk wrestled to the floor when the second was scored?

On replay I would suggest Matic was already in front in his panic to get back I think Dunk slipped and was already on his way down, probably helped by Matic but not a foul. Didn’t see any wrestling between them, just Dunk reacting too late.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not completely sure about this, but for the first goal doesn't it look a bit as if Dunk was stepping up to put Lukaku offside and was just a fraction too late doing this. And then had no chance of getting back.

Never try to play offside with the player behind you, if he was trying to play offside it was a bigger mistake than simply losing Lukaku to a quality ball in.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not too sure what people expect Dunk to do with the first goal? Good movement by Lukaku and a sensational ball in by Matic. If we'd scored that goal we wouldn't be saying it was due to poor defending. I think some people just need to blame someone for a goal. If you're going to play that game you could equally say why was Matic allowed so much space on the edge of our box? No one was within 6 or 7 yards of him when he received the ball.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I'm not too sure what people expect Dunk to do with the first goal? Good movement by Lukaku and a sensational ball in by Matic. If we'd scored that goal we wouldn't be saying it was due to poor defending. I think some people just need to blame someone for a goal. If you're going to play that game you could equally say why was Matic allowed so much space on the edge of our box? No one was within 6 or 7 yards of him when he received the ball.

The 1st goal: It was a great 1st time cross by Matic - which is why Man United scored. If Matic takes a touch, then crosses, Dunk would then be in a better position to defend the ball. Not many defenders will out muscle Lukaku.

The 2nd goal: Dunk lost his footing. Had Matic missed the ball, two other United players were waiting at the back stick for a free header.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here