Queens Park
Ryan - 6 - a decent game marred by two near howlers
Bong - 6 - started well, then looked lightweight and gave the ball away a lot
Schelotto - 6 - had his moments but another erratic performance
Dunk - 8 - too good for us
Duffy - 7 - better from the big man
Stephens - 6 - got sucked so deep and offered little going forwards
Propper - 6 - see Stephens
March - 6 - a generous mark as he won the pen and did take someone on on a couple of occasions but lightweight and conceded the free kick for the goal
Izquirdo - 5 - didn’t really offer much. Seemed reluctant to take on his man and missed a sitter
Gros - 5 - not sure what’s happened with him. Looks a shadow of the player we had in August/September
Murray - 8 - MOTM. A busy, bustling centre forward display. Let down by a lack of support. Cool penalty

Ulloa - 6
Kayal - 6

Hughton - 3 - predictable, cautious and like for like substitutions. Southampton were there for the taking but they changed it at half time. He just doesn’t cut it tactically, in particular offensively.

Last edited:

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
March - 6 - a generous mark as he won the pen and did take someone on on a couple of occasions but lightweight and conceded the free kick for the goal
Izquirdo - 5 - didn’t really offer much. Seemed reluctant to take on his man
Gros - 5 - not sure what’s happened with him. Looks a shadow of the player we had in August/September
Murray - 8 - MOTM. A busy, bustling centre forward display. Let down by a lack of support. Cool penalty

Ulloa - 6
Kayal - 6

Hughton - 3 - predictable, cautious and like for like substitutions. Southampton were there for the taking but they changed it at half time. He just doesn’t cut it tactically, in particular offensively.
I think you meant they ALL gave the ball away alot.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

True. I did consider doing ratings for the first 15 minutes and the following 75 because it really was a great start suffocated by a managers negative game plan.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

This. I Thought Dunk was a 7 at best. More 6. Duffy I thought was better than Dunk tonight.

And i thought Mike Dean wasn't half bad. Only a couple of fouls i thought were lightweight but overall better than i expected. And he gave us a Pen.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
True. I did consider doing ratings for the first 15 minutes and the following 75 because it really was a great start suffocated by a managers negative game plan.
Yep unfortunately so much hope, just vanished yet again into negativity.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
it really was a great start suffocated by a managers negative game plan.

Hear hear to that.

Don't agree with Murray as MOTM as he had offsideitis again, but sadly I couldn't pick an alternative candidate. March had a nightmare, I'd stick him down to 4/10. Else pretty much spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Just back home, sat with the Saints supporters on the side as was invited by a friend:

Ryan.. 5 That wall you set up for the free kick was ridiculous, one in it and Isquierdo
wandering around behind him
Scholetto 6 Was better in defence, great runs but going nowhere, needs to learn to
cross the ball
Dunk 7 Did well, but was stretched by long in the first half
Duffy 6 Not sure if he's drunk or concussed, predictable and complacent
Bong 7 Got forward on anumber of occassions
Stephens 6 Passed the ball back a lot, but when the midfield is so light in numbers
he's going to be under pressure from the start
Propper 4 I've given him half a season and its not happening, I would like to know
how many times he actually touched the ball. He's being carried.
Gross 5 A poor game, never got into it, looked slow, second to the ball.
Isquierdo 5 Missed a sitter in the first minute, continually made the wrong choices,
tried to cut in ala West Ham and failed to take on the full back when he
clearly had the legs.
March 7 Worked hard, had several good runs, crossing not so special and got
booked, but he was up for it.
Murray 9 One almost everything in the air, held the ball, laid it off and supported in
defence, could not have done any more.

Ulloa/Kayal 12 minutes, whats the point Chris

Hughton 2 Some on here say that he would be the man to bring us back up if we were relegated, but he's the man that will put us down. Southampton were poor in the first half, but as predicted,we score and the order goes out to defend for an hour. Becoming really tired of the same old negative tactics, invitably we concede. Two points lost tonight without a doubt, sorry to say it but Hughton is a Championship manager with a Premiership team. How long will we have to endure this. he gets 2 from me for standing on the sidelines with his hands in his pockets.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Izquirdo - 5 - didn’t really offer much. Seemed reluctant to take on his man and missed a sitter

Ulloa - 6
Kayal - 6

Can’t disagree really. Second half the midfield were AWOL - both wingers were terrible, both full backs not much better, Gross shocking, Stephens and Propper couldn’t find a pass (or a tackle). Wasn’t ideal really.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Ryan 5

Bong 5
Dunk 7
Duffy 6
Schelotto 6

Izquierdo 5
Stephens 6
Pröpper 4
March 4

Groß 4

Murray 7

Subs

Ulloa n/a but looked like what we need based on the limited amount we saw
Kayal n/a - came on too late to do anything

Manager 3 - woeful

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan.. 5.5 really needs to organise and control the defence
Scholetto 5.5 love his determination to come forward but has to do something with it
Dunk 7 Did well MOTM for me
Duffy 6 Poor first half much better second half
Bong 5 can't pass or cross the ball I would rather have had Suttner who at least can cross the ball
Stephens 6 I know he can play better
Propper 5 does a lot of work but looses the ball too easily
Gross 5 not strong enough i don't think we can afford to play him, March and Propper at same time
Izsquierdo 6.5 Missed his miss so maybe marking him too high but in first 15 -20 minutes looked a threat and played far too deep for the rest of teh game
March 5.5 caught out of position too often and weak in the tackle, need him to put in a Birmingham performance
Murray 7 good for 60 minutes but faded , needs someone to be up there with him

Ulloa & Kayal not enough time to make their mark.

For 20 minutes we seemed ok coming forward and having scored we really needed to put the game to bed but we didn't and couldn't . We give the ball away far too easily and have no one controlling the midfield. we then sat back...

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Ryan 6
Bong 5
Dunk 7.5 [MoM]
Duffy 7
Schelotto 6
Izquierdo 5
Stephens 6
Pröpper 5
March 5.5
Groß 5
Murray 6.5

Subs ...
Came on too late.

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
This all makes depressing reading. I have to say I agree with the comments. Gut feeling is CH has lost the plot and the team has lost interest.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This all makes depressing reading. I have to say I agree with the comments. Gut feeling is CH has lost the plot and the team has lost interest.

Yes it does. If we go down there will be several games we can all look back on and wonder why we didn't appear to try and win it. You could argue that every team could say that but I'm not so sure. I've a Stains supporting mate staying with me that definitely doesn't think they've thrown more than 1 or 2 away, they're just crap!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 5
Schelotto 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 5
Bong 5
March 5
Stephens 5
Pröpper 5
Izquierdo 5
Groß 6
(sub: Kayal 83, 5)
Murray 5
(sub: Ulloa 77, 5)

On a more positive note we did manage to grind out an away point which could prove vital, so not all doom and gloom. :albion2:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Time for gross to have a break, and time to see if propper has something to offer as a number ten .

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan 4
Schellotto 5
Dunk 7
Duffy 7
Bong 5
March 5
Stephens 5
Propper 4
Izquierdo 5
Gross 3
Murray 6

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

“Marchy, this is dull as f*ck mate. Let’s get this game done ASAP and get round to duffs for a call of duty all nighter “.
Aka: nonsense.
Reality : the premier league is quite hard

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan 5
Schelotto 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 5
Bong 5
March 5
Stephens 5
Pröpper 5
Izquierdo 5
Groß 6
(sub: Kayal 83, 5)
Murray 5
(sub: Ulloa 77, 5)

On a more positive note we did manage to grind out an away point which could prove vital, so not all doom and gloom. :albion2:

I thought Ulloa did really well, nice link up touches, good movement, looked sharp! A real positive for me.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Ryan 5. A couple of potential howlers.
Schelotto 6. Good going forward, let down by players in front of him.
Duffy 5. Couple of decent clears but that's about it.
Dunk 5. See above.
Bong 4. Poor. Imagination as bad as his passing.
March 5. At least he tried and he won the pen.
Stephens 4. The sooner he's dropped, the better.
Pröpper 5. Not in the game at all.
Izquierdo 4. Missed that sitter and didn't do much else.
Groß 5. Looked like a zombie when he came off. Needs a rest but God knows why.
Murray 5. No service to make any difference.

Subs both looked good when they came on, shame it was only for the last few minutes as usual.

Manager 2. On borrowed time if this negative approach to games continues.

Ref 7. You know you've had a bad day at the office when Mike Dean was the only one putting in a shift. Motm for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Time for gross to have a break, and time to see if propper has something to offer as a number ten .

If the wingers are in form and a striker to stretch the back 4, then Gross is an effective player. When it's not working, he can look poor, but then March and Izquierdo were equally disappointing.

You might be right though, I wouldn't be disappointed to say Kayal come in with Propper further forward. I'd drop March too and see if Knockeart reacts positively to being left out. Ulloa starts instead of Murray too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here