Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leicester want Dunk now.

Surely a swap deal with Leo would be excellent business.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Leicester want Dunk now.

Surely a swap deal with Leo would be excellent business.

Rumour is from the sun so chance of it being made up crap. But if they do really want him bye bye dunk.

We should at least get a good price for him no more selling our players on the cheap.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Rumour is from the sun so chance of it being made up crap. But if they do really want him bye bye dunk.

We should at least get a good price for him no more selling our players on the cheap.

Another Sun hater cos it's wot everybody else does,innit.Presume you must have read it to know where it came from?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A Leicester bid would be unsettling.

Shades of Lawrenson moving to Liverpool..

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
More clubs involved the better.
A. The price goes up.
B. Less chance of ending up in Croydon.

Trouble is Leicester provide a good chance of playing in Europe, especially as Dunk is much better than Morgan in just about every aspect of his play.

Price might depend on a release clause in his contract?

Hünemeier does not seem good enough and how bad is his injury? Selling Dunk will cause a major problem.

When Lawrenson went to Liverpool at least we Jimmy Case as part of the deal. Leicester have not got an equivalent type of young player they are likely to get rid off. .

There are quite a few rational reasons why Dunk would decline WBA, Palace, Everton, Newcastle, but Leicester are a different kettle.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Straight swap for Leo + Leicester pay Leo 2 million to compensate his drop in wages sounds a wonderful deal for the albion.

Make it happen Tony.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Trouble is Leicester provide a good chance of playing in Europe, especially as Dunk is much better than Morgan in just about every aspect of his play.

Price might depend on a release clause in his contract?

Hünemeier does not seem good enough and how bad is his injury? Selling Dunk will cause a major problem.

When Lawrenson went to Liverpool at least we Jimmy Case as part of the deal. Leicester have not got an equivalent type of young player they are likely to get rid off. .

There are quite a few rational reasons why Dunk would decline WBA, Palace, Everton, Newcastle, but Leicester are a different kettle.

I can't see Everton going after him, I think the board will be aiming for higher, plus, I believe he isn't the type of defender they need at the moment

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I can't see Everton going after him, I think the board will be aiming for higher, plus, I believe he isn't the type of defender they need at the moment

I agree,. Everton paid nearly £10 million for the Argentinian left back/centre back Mori. I think Everton looked both good and bad last season. I think they wil be looking towards the bottom end of the table. They tried to play football but without players of sufficient quality: sometimes a rather poor combination for results.

In two years time, a Dunk for Ulloa bid would look very silly. Our future is in young players. I'm not sure why we signed Hünemeier. It was quite a lot of dosh and goes out against the trend for younger players. (NB: Greer was 29 when he signed for us!).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't understand the negativity towards Uwe, he only played 16 games.
To me he looked plenty good enough, and I'm sure, one way or another, he would have been preferred to two 'kids' playing together.

Those that don't rate him, FFS he only played 16 games in a new team, division and country, what more do you want?

As it turned out the scouting was spot on, Connor Who, was better than anybody could have imagined (esp as nobody had heard of him, probably to busy pleading for Steve Foster's return) and Uwe wasn't needed or missed.
But with Greer gone I'm sure Uwe will be invaluable next season, irrespective as to who else is in the squad.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't understand the negativity towards Uwe, he only played 16 games.
To me he looked plenty good enough, and I'm sure, one way or another, he would have been preferred to two 'kids' playing together.

Those that don't rate him, FFS he only played 16 games in a new team, division and country, what more do you want?

As it turned out the scouting was spot on, Connor Who, was better than anybody could have imagined (esp as nobody had heard of him, probably to busy pleading for Steve Foster's return) and Uwe wasn't needed or missed.
But with Greer gone I'm sure Uwe will be invaluable next season, irrespective as to who else is in the squad.
Absolutely this. Uwe was mostly excellent for us and was very unlucky with his injury. I think he'll be great for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here