Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Corbyn.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If he hasn't answered the questions, which he clearly as, on a live Radio 4 new programme, then the chair should be sacked and we all then agree philosophically no one answers any questions ever....

Corbyn's a politician first and foremost and any longstanding politician is a Jedi master at not answering questions. If you want to sack interviewers for not getting straight answers out of politicians then you'd have no interviewers left. I and others disagree that he's been clear in his answers and I've given that Duns response as my justification for that view. As I say, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Corbyn's a politician first and foremost and any longstanding politician is a Jedi master at not answering questions. If you want to sack interviewers for not getting straight answers out of politicians then you'd have no interviewers left. I and others disagree that he's been clear in his answers and I've given that Duns response as my justification for that view. As I say, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

You can agree to whatever you want, I just put up his interview, I thought its good, listen to it and make up your own mind, not some tweeter opinions who's trying to sell his latest book, he has a chance of winning a political parties leader position, on these arguments, it that put the willies up some people, so be it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Link of the interview up now, with video feed, well worth a listen

Jeremy Corbyn: "The Idea that I'm some kind of racist or anti-Semitic person is beyond appalling, disgusting and deeply offensive"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03048x8

Just watched it. It honestly looks like he can't remember who JahJah is. Either that or he's a far better liar than other politicians. Who knows?

I wasn't being facetious [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION], I just hadn't seen the clip.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You can agree to whatever you want, I just put up his interview, I thought its good, listen to it and make up your own mind, not some tweeter opinions who's trying to sell his latest book, he has a chance of winning a political parties leader position, on these arguments, it that put the willies up some people, so be it.

Eh? I did listen to it. I listened to it and posted my views on here before Duns tweeted.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Perhaps, i shall wait for the hundreds of pages on "7 Point lead for Labour" thread when this chap who can not remember who he's shared a platform with, leads the party.

That's an interesting point. Were Corbyn ever to lead Labour into a General Election (which personally I don't believe he ever will), what percentage share of the vote do you think the party would achieve. I reckon it would be below 20%. Probably about 17 or 18% at best.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The more I read about him ..the more I think he will be elected labour Leader(Those not in power can promise everything to anybody and robbing the rich to give to the poor is another classic leftwing votewinner ) yet it is unthinkable that he or indeed Labour with him in charge could/will ever form Government...Does anyone seriously believe Corbyn could be Prime Minister of this country ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hopefully Labour boot JC out before the next election or it will be the Tories with a massive majority, as good as a one party state

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's an interesting point. Were Corbyn ever to lead Labour into a General Election (which personally I don't believe he ever will), what percentage share of the vote do you think the party would achieve. I reckon it would be below 20%. Probably about 17 or 18% at best.

Really, really unlikely. In 1931, after the the Labour party split into two after a particularly nasty bit of blood-letting, it polled 30% and in 1983, after the SDP split off from the party, after a slightly less bit of blood-letting, it polled just under 28% (its worst ever performance).

My gut feeling is that JC won't be leader by the next election (although he'd have stepped down rather than be kicked out) and that the party will increase its share of the vote - but by enough to win. I'd go for something like 31 to 32%

That could all change, however, if there's another massive split in the party but even if that happened (and I don't think it will), I still reckon they'd get 25%

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The more I read about him ..the more I think he will be elected labour Leader(Those not in power can promise everything to anybody and robbing the rich to give to the poor is another classic leftwing votewinner ) yet it is unthinkable that he or indeed Labour with him in charge could/will ever form Government...Does anyone seriously believe Corbyn could be Prime Minister of this country ?

No. The press will have a massive lot of cuttings about his previous activities. The radio tonight mentioned him sitting next to a vehement anti Israel campaigner at some rally in 2009. Apparently he can't remember meeting the bloke. No, JC will be done up like a kipper by the media.

Most of the younger people rah rahing him right now are the sort who don't vote, because it implies complicity with 'the system' (aka too lazy to vote).

One of my neighbours has a 'support Jeremy' poster in her window. Her partner (a good labour man) shook his head sadly when I mentioned it to him.

I blame the idiot MPs who nominated him 'for the sake of a broad spectrum of candidates'. The only hope labour have if they elect JC is if the tories elect Boris 'hang Nelson Mandela' Johnson. Then Labour will walk the North. And probably London too, now London has seen Boris for what he is (an opportunist - the opposite of JC).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

We will know after the hundreds of pages of............... :).......blind optimism.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Anyone who believes this is simply not paying attention. Despite almost the entire spectrum of the mainstream media lambasting him and his chances, he is becoming increasingly popular every day within almost every demographic. It's really unprecedented, he sells out everywhere he talks - he is incredibly popular on social media and throughout polls.

If public opinion is anything to go by, rather than what we are reading in the papers, Corbyn not only will win the Labour leadership, he has a bloody good chance of winning the 2020 election too.

Wish on sunshine!!!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If public opinion is anything to go by, rather than what we are reading in the papers, Corbyn not only will win the Labour leadership, he has a bloody good chance of winning the 2020 election too.

hysterical-laughter-wallpapers-1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here