Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] National Television Awards

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I wonder where the red line is that Ant has to cross NOT get an award.

If being off our screens for over a year for being an alcoholic / drink drinker doesn't stop him then would he still won if, say, the driver of the car he crashed into had sustained a broken leg? Maybe two broken legs? Or two broken legs, a punctured lung and 4 broken ribs?
I reckon if he'd got out of the car, punched the other driver repeatedly in the face, thrown up in in the gutter and pissed on a policeman, he'd probably still have won.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Anyone else watch this last night? A highly emotional and uplifting night, and shows British TV is in a fantastic state. Not a dry eye in the house when Ant and Dec picked up their award.

Winners in full
Factual Entertainment Programme - Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs
Quiz Show -The Chase
New Drama - Bodyguard
Serial Drama Performance - Danny Dyer, EastEnders
Drama Performance - Richard Madden, Bodyguard
Newcomer - James Moore, Emmerdale
TV Presenter - Ant and Dec
Daytime Programme - This Morning
Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award - I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
TV Judge - David Walliams
Drama - Peaky Blinders
Comedy - Mrs Browns Boys Christmas Special
Talent Show - Strictly Come Dancing
Special Recognition Award - David Dimbleby
Serial Drama - Emmerdale
Sexiest Soap Star: Sharon Mitchell

I would suggest that this list shows what a dire state British TV is in, if this actually shows the best that it offers.
Bodyguard was good but not outstanding TV. The fact that Soaps are now seen as "The Jewel In The Crown" as Trev McDonald once said is a damning indictment of what USED to be the best TV on the planet.
"Sexiest Soap Star"- yes that really shows depth of talent. The list is full of tired old "reality" formats populated by has beens and never weres. Mrs Browns used to be amusing but again is tired and now just simply embarrassingly NOT funny, Missing from this list are the side splittingly funny shows, the inventive original TV(Killing Eve, Sex Education?) Decent factual shows (For the love of dogs- for the love of Christ-get real) .
TV Presenter-lets give it to a addict and his boyhood friend as they are cheeky chappies and dont we all feel sorry for Dec, or Ant, whichever one it is, and they always get it anyway.

TV is changing and more and more people are using non traditional methods of obtaining TV (netflix, Amazon,etc) simply because the above list represents "the best" of British TV. Whilst there are some outstanding programmes being made, this list of winners does not represent them.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is one of those threads where I saw the title and knew exactly who the OP would be.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I reckon if he'd got out of the car, punched the other driver repeatedly in the face, thrown up in in the gutter and pissed on a policeman, he'd probably still have won.

Or how about put the other driver in a wheelchair for life BUT shagged Holly Willoughby and made a charity climb of Mount Kilimanjaro with Philip Schofield?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Anyone else watch this last night? A highly emotional and uplifting night, and shows British TV is in a fantastic state. Not a dry eye in the house when Ant and Dec picked up their award.

Winners in full
Factual Entertainment Programme - Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs
Quiz Show -The Chase
New Drama - Bodyguard
Serial Drama Performance - Danny Dyer, EastEnders
Drama Performance - Richard Madden, Bodyguard
Newcomer - James Moore, Emmerdale
TV Presenter - Ant and Dec
Daytime Programme - This Morning
Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award - I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
TV Judge - David Walliams
Drama - Peaky Blinders
Comedy - Mrs Browns Boys Christmas Special
Talent Show - Strictly Come Dancing
Special Recognition Award - David Dimbleby
Serial Drama - Emmerdale
Sexiest Soap Star: Sharon Mitchell

:shootself

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Or how about put the other driver in a wheelchair for life BUT shagged Holly Willoughby and made a charity climb of Mount Kilimanjaro with Philip Schofield?

I'd like to do a charity climb on Holly Willoughby if she's up for it... If you're her agent, pitch it to her immediately please. Thank You. :whistle:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thought Sharon Mitchell would be the tell but Mrs Brown's Boys still slipped through the net of quite a few. Top bombing. Should Crodo ever move into subliminal advertising, the world is doomed.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How did Ant and/or Dec win anything when one of them (or possibly the other one) has been too pissed to appear on the goggle box all year?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How did Ant and/or Dec win anything when one of them (or possibly the other one) has been too pissed to appear on the goggle box all year?

He did the first two thirds of the immensely popular and hilarious Saturday Night Takeaway and the BGT auditions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here