Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Press coverage/"Big 6" bias - new low?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The actual word Brighton doesn't appear once. Surely even you can see that that is a bit incredible?

I respect your pov and positivity, but this is staggering.

And long may it continue. Stadium sold out every week. Rubbish news papers have never heard of us. Nobody is phoning 606 calling for the head of the manager, or crying about how this 'once great club' is still a Big club, and 'I'm crying now'. We are not in the top 6 list of anything (goals conceded, points lost, being shit). Fans smirking. Sssssssssh! :O

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey, if you're going to pick on every fan who refers to the Albion in the third person then you've got an awful lot of quoting and posting to do!

Would you really ever say "they're 13th" when talking about our league position?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Chris Hoy nailed it about talking in the 3rd person. He was asked, What does Chris Hoy think about Chris Hoy?

"Chris Hoy thinks that the day Chris Hoy refers to Chris Hoy in the third person is the day that Chris Hoy disappears up his own a***"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Every Monday the Guardian has a brief comment on each premier league match over the weekend. Today's about our match was all about us and our chances of staying up, how WELL we had done against Liverpool and Manure, how we should be able to gather points in our next games, and how difficult we are to play against!😁👍

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
On a sort of similar note...wanted to know the Bolton-West Brom score tonight. I get that it's not the CL final but it was the only league game in England, WBA going for promotion, both former Prem, only a division below The Greatest Competition in the World etc etc.

I counted three tennis stories before you even found out the score. No mention of a match report. But minute by minute top story updates for Huddersfield v Citeh. Seems disproportionate.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Would you really ever say "they're 13th" when talking about our league position?

I was talking about “Brighton” as if objectively and not as a fan thus “they’re 13th” , and so on not “Albion” or “we’re”.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was talking about “Brighton” as if objectively and not as a fan thus “they’re 13th” , and so on not “Albion” or “we’re”.

You’re a Spurs fan Paul - it’s been clear for a long time.

el punal

If you can find a single reference to Brighton in this match report from The Times today (apart from the score), you're a better man/woman than me.

View attachment 103964

I’ve been reading Red Cafe (United’s fans forum) and their post match comments. The majority of the posts were fair and balanced. Described us as an awkward side, never give up, hard to beat, disciplined, their (MU’s) bogey side, thuggish(!), and many more grudging compliments. Their views on Man Utd were also interesting - that the team ran out of steam on 60 minutes, did not know how to contain us after we scored, should have put the game to bed just after halftime, and were very nervous that we would equalise, the last 20 minutes they reckoned we had 66% of possession, and that Hughton substitutions worked and theirs didn’t.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here