Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Button..............well what do you think?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It's such a difficult position to fill. Knowing that you will never get a game unless the 1st keeper is injured/international duty you'd surely only be coming unless the money was decent, or you had no other offers?

That said, despite my early concerns with Button I'm pleasantly impressed with him. Let's not forget he'd never played premier League football prior to this season and had relatively few games over the past season.

Steele on the other hand, well... I guess I'll afford him the same benefit of doubt.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really pleased with him so far, doing a lot better than l feared he would to be honest. Even Jason Steele did well in the cup at Bounemouth in the last round. Presumably he will start on Saturday too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's such a difficult position to fill. Knowing that you will never get a game unless the 1st keeper is injured/international duty you'd surely only be coming unless the money was decent, or you had no other offers?

That said, despite my early concerns with Button I'm pleasantly impressed with him. Let's not forget he'd never played premier League football prior to this season and had relatively few games over the past season.

Steele on the other hand, well... I guess I'll afford him the same benefit of doubt.

Steele played pretty well at Bournemouth in all fairness.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So if Oz lose today I guess Matty will be available for Fulham

Come on Uzbekistan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2017
Al Ain: Maty Ryan was the hero for Australia as the defending champions edged through to the quarter-finals of the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 on Monday evening with a 4-2 win over Uzbekistan in a penalty shootout.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I guess Button /Steele could be hoping that Ryan gets sold in the Summer,because IMO,although so far so good,Ryan is first choice ....every time !!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He seems to be doing well in Japan and has got a new bird.....

...oh....wait.....

Not Jensen then?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I guess Button /Steele could be hoping that Ryan gets sold in the Summer,because IMO,although so far so good,Ryan is first choice ....every time !!!

I don’t think anybody is doubting that, but it’s nice to know the back ups are capable if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here