Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kids day out today

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never seen so many kids and half and half scarves today.
It was like the East Stand had their yearly jolly today.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Also why are half and half scarves £5 At Old Trafford but £10 At The Amex - Barber Out

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

This is because the away 'regulars' didn't snap up the tickets (baaaaaaaaad fans), allowing many of us to buy for our kids with relatively few loyalty points.

Now and again I like to take my eldest to get a refresh course in swearing.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Good. These are the kids that will be supporting the Albion when we're dead & buried. We all started somewhere. My first away game was Stamford Bridge.

Forget the scarves, though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Last season it was "it's not fair I can't get a ticket" now "it's not fair I can get a ticket but so can some kids" if it's was my young sons or daughter's first trip to the theatre of tourists I wouldnt begrudge them a half n half as a memento. If it means they get it in their blood to support the Albion then so be it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Saw loads of kids, which as others have said is great. But i only saw half and half’s on adults. I am no fan of the, but today was the day I decided that hey, live and let live

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good. These are the kids that will be supporting the Albion when we're dead & buried. We all started somewhere. My first away game was Stamford Bridge.

Forget the scarves, though.

Was just about to say I agree but forget those awful scarfs and then read your last line :thumbsup:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Also why are half and half scarves £5 At Old Trafford but £10 At The Amex - Barber Out

Simple economic rules of supply and demand.

Old Trafford tourists create bigger demand for H&H scarves allowing a bigger print run and a lower cost per scarf produced enables the lower price. Much lower demand at The Amex requires a higher price for profit.

I agree with Barber Out (generally speaking).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But it isn't the club itself that sells them, it's the tat vendors away from the stadium, Barber & co have no jurisdiction on them.

Exactly under the "faux" made up crest MUFC were the "Red Army", I thought I was in Moscow but resisted the temptation to scream for a policeman

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For those who went to Old Trafford Saturday it is a very strange experience. This is not a normal game. 75,000 people but how many are true United week in week out fans? On arriving the first stop has to be the big glass fronted stand with the iconic Manchester United red neon and the statues. Pictures and selfies (even I took some last season). The non-embarrassing thing about OT is that, unlike most grounds, you are one in amongst 1000's doing the same. Here also are the scarf sellers and for £5 you get to buy a souvenir of your day. There is one added bonus to this in that those 1000's of tourists who bought the scarf now have BHA as their second team. That has to be good for the club. Watching the Sky highlights by the way, the camera pans the crowd a lot and you'll notice that in the Sir Alex stand these scarfs can be seen everywhere. All tourists on their one and only trip to OT.
Other observations. If we had seats as small as those at OT we could fit 45,000 into the Amex.
The Stretford and Sir Alex stands were clear and empty within minutes of the whistle. Not because they went on 87 minutes, most wait the full 95, but they must have a system to clear the stands that works.
Tourists don't sing!
The food is cheap and service very very quick.
But for me the highlight of my trip is the formation dancing. WHAT! You have to watch the stewards around the ground who never stand still for more than five minutes. Those at the top ALL move down whilst all the others move up a few steps. Those around the perimeter stand up whilst others sit down. Every steward moves in a perfect synchronised wave around the ground.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Saw loads of half and half scarves but none of them were in the away section. As IRTGT says, they were bought by the tourists in the home stands.

I took my daughter (aged 13) yesterday, to her first away game. She loved it and wants more. We sit in the family stand at the Amex. Hope that's OK with everybody.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here