Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Infrastructure FC

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I’m happy to embrace this nickname as it’s more of a compliment than an insult.

Give us an I... N... F... etc... !!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bit harsh, and difficult to argue with any of his points about our present position/fortune. The bit about other fans being jealous is interesting. Saw a post on BBS from a Palace fan moaning about a Man U fan workmate who is thinking of switching to BHA. We must be doing something right?

Well if they guy has any affinity to brighton, then I have no problem with that. If he is choosing us as it Is fashionable to do so, then maybe he should look at fc united or Salford city, teams more akin to Manchester than us.

Yes we are doing a lot right, and we all know that, but to suggest like the person I quoted that other team's fans were jealous of us, is just too arrogant not to be commented on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes we are doing a lot right, and we all know that, but to suggest like the person I quoted that other team's fans were jealous of us, is just too arrogant not to be commented on.

I remember being jealous of the Milwall’s New Den back in the day, not that I was ever going to change allegiance. Seems unbelivable now, but I was very jealous of that concrete bowl.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember being jealous of the Milwall’s New Den back in the day, not that I was ever going to change allegiance. Seems unbelivable now, but I was very jealous of that concrete bowl.

Probably the worst example ever, it's as shit as the old Den, but I understand the sentiments.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Still am jealous of the rake in their stadium stands.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Probably the worst example ever, it's as shit as the old Den, but I understand the sentiments.

Not as bad as the Kassam Stadium, which has none of the old Manor's quirkiness. Although none of the Colditz-style fencing either.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not as bad as the Kassam Stadium, which has none of the old Manor's quirkiness. Although none of the Colditz-style fencing either.

Only been to the New Den once. Caged in from the station to the away end. Seriously not right.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The period when all of us were winning in 2016 made the Burnley and Boro boards great reading. Wednesday's was an acquired taste, but sporadically funny once you got that they are in on the 'massive' joke and playing along. The following season Huddersfield's DATM board was well worth reading, Newcastle's was fairly bland, but Reading's Hobnob Anyone took blandness to a new level. The only thing that ever sparked them into life was any perceived slight from NSC. They had a macro that changed swear words to 'Oxford'. I always thought Oxford and Swindon were rivals and neither cared much about Reading. Reading seem to be the only team in the country who could adopt 'Meh' as a nickname.

The dislike of Oxford probably goes back to Cap'n Bob's attempt to merge the two clubs into Thames Valley Royals.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
As was I, with Hull City....shiver....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Now that is one ****ing horrible stadium.

Ex brother in law is an Oxford STH. We stayed up there one New Year and he took me and my niece to Oxford v Wycombe on New Year's Day. They lived near Milton Keynes and the traffic to get in to Oxford started about 5 miles away. Tiny car park just about full when we got there - think we got the last space, The road parking appeared to be in Blackbird Leys which once rose to national notoriety for people nicking cars, racing them and burning them out.

A three sided ground (I presume no one's been arsed to finish it to this day - if they ever do, bang goes the car park) that managed to let in ALL the wind, tiny seats and a concourse that made Boro's look quite good. I think it was 0-0 as well though I have to admit to dozing my hangover off through much of it as the atmosphere in another Thames Valley "derby" failed to ignite.

Rubbish.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Now that is one ****ing horrible stadium.

Ex brother in law is an Oxford STH. We stayed up there one New Year and he took me and my niece to Oxford v Wycombe on New Year's Day. They lived near Milton Keynes and the traffic to get in to Oxford started about 5 miles away. Tiny car park just about full when we got there - think we got the last space, The road parking appeared to be in Blackbird Leys which once rose to national notoriety for people nicking cars, racing them and burning them out.

A three sided ground (I presume no one's been arsed to finish it to this day - if they ever do, bang goes the car park) that managed to let in ALL the wind, tiny seats and a concourse that made Boro's look quite good. I think it was 0-0 as well though I have to admit to dozing my hangover off through much of it as the atmosphere in another Thames Valley "derby" failed to ignite.

Rubbish.

Wasn't it unused for about two years because they ran out of money to pay the constructors? I'm sure it was the case.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Exactly this. We had just left the Goldstone and were playing at Gillingham.

I was at a corporate evening event at the New Den and looking out over the pitch it looked magnificent to us homeless souls.

They turned all the lights on around the pitch and thought wow, can the Albion have one of these please.

Now when travelling by train to London Bridge now think thank ***k Amex is 100 times better, when passing those four individual.miserable looking stands. .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to say I find some of the comments on this thread incredible.

When we were playing at Withdean we had crap crowds who, on most occasions, didn't fill a crap stadium. When talk of a new stadium first started I'm sure it was suggested we would part build it and develop further as and when the the need arose (not dissimilar to Oxford except for them the need hasn't arisen). It took us 13 years from Dick Knight taking over for us to move into our new ground. Bournemouth started plans for a new ground only two years ago and although they now appear to be on hold, they may well still get one quicker than we did.

Whether people like it or not we are where we are purely because of the benevolence of one very rich fan. Had the crash of 2008 not happened who's to say we wouldn't now be in hock to the banks. People go on our about our steady progress but if we had won the play-offs in our second season in the championship that would have been well before the academy opened and we had a CEO of the calibre of PB so our infrasture, other than the Amex wouldn't have been in place.

I'm not going to waste time hating a club like Bournemouth as there are more that unites clubs like ours than divides us. Much more worthwhile hating clubs like Palace, Leeds, the Massive etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

When we were playing at Withdean we had crap crowds who, on most occasions, didn't fill a crap stadium. When talk of a new stadium first started I'm sure it was suggested we would part build it and develop further as and when the the need arose (not dissimilar to Oxford except for them the need hasn't arisen). It took us 13 years from Dick Knight taking over for us to move into our new ground. Bournemouth started plans for a new ground only two years ago and although they now appear to be on hold, they may well still get one quicker than we did.

Whether people like it or not we are where we are purely because of the benevolence of one very rich fan. Had the crash of 2008 not happened who's to say we wouldn't now be in hock to the banks. People go on our about our steady progress but if we had won the play-offs in our second season in the championship that would have been well before the academy opened and we had a CEO of the calibre of PB so our infrasture, other than the Amex wouldn't have been in place.

I'm not going to waste time hating a club like Bournemouth as there are more that unites clubs like ours than divides us. Much more worthwhile hating clubs like Palace, Leeds, the Massive etc.

Key difference is we’ve always been a better supported club than plucky FFP cheats Bmouth and Oxford... put together :thumbsup: I certainly don’t hate Bournemouth but there is a clear to see jealousy from them and their 2k hardcore fan base :shrug:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Their fans are cocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here