Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
How about either 2nd or 9th February? The Albion are at home both days so more people should be around?

9th is the day before the Worthing half so a few maybe resting up then. I’m also contemplating running the Bedgebury 10 mile on the 3rd Feb so again I’d probably skip that.

Whatever works for the majority though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
19th Jan East Brighton looks fun. Too early in the year for 5k sb chasing. Let’s go to the swamp.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I’m available every week but not to race you.. [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] but I’ll follow your shout.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Might be worth doing laps/figure of 8s so you’re never further than a couple of miles from home. Stops the temptation to run through pain, if swelling returns, when a long 6 miles from home.

Good advice but this is why I run along the seafront and always carry a five pound note - it's the bus of shame for me if it goes pear shaped :lol:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I’m away weekend of 12th Jan -mrs simgull’s big birthday - other than that should be around until half term in February.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
How bad is the EB course meant to be? I want to tick it off but I don’t want to put my body through anything more unpleasant than I have to.

I did a bit of a miserable review of the course a couple of weeks back but that was really because I expected it to be a fast one and the terrain is not really my cup of tea as I'm a wimp. But it's not as hard as Bevendean and I'd rank it about the same as Peacehaven, East Grinstead and Clair Park. Not PB territory but a bit of a challenge. Hope that helps. Worth checking out in my view - but perhaps just the once. Car parking looked a bit tight but I got there early.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You can tell it's marathon training season. Out at 7 today and saw absolutely loads of runners, most heading the opposite way to me. Got back to update Strava and training plan to see a clutch of NSCers recording runs including Dazzer, big nuts and Mr Blobby.

Happy to report I survived 11 miles at 10 minute miles, which felt ridiculously slow.

Now to enjoy my normal Sunday roast and bottle of red - sorry, make that a protein based salad and some water :(

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You can tell it's marathon training season. Out at 7 today and saw absolutely loads of runners, most heading the opposite way to me. Got back to update Strava and training plan to see a clutch of NSCers recording runs including Dazzer, big nuts and Mr Blobby.

Happy to report I survived 11 miles at 10 minute miles, which felt ridiculously slow.

Now to enjoy my normal Sunday roast and bottle of red - sorry, make that a protein based salad and some water :(

Good stuff - foot all ok ??

I did a ploddy 10 miles, not feeling the love at all this morning, very lethargic but have had (for me) a volume increase this week. Wouldn’t usually see more than maybe 3-4 runners on the route I did this morning at that time, probably saw min 20 today.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Good advice but this is why I run along the seafront and always carry a five pound note - it's the bus of shame for me if it goes pear shaped :lol:

Ha Ha, I have been on that bus of shame.
Used to run regularly between Portslade and Saltdean along the seafront.
Caught up in a mental storm and wind just too much on way back meaning treading water.
Got bus back somewhere from close to Roedean school, felt guilty about it ever since.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Good stuff - foot all ok ??

I did a ploddy 10 miles, not feeling the love at all this morning, very lethargic but have had (for me) a volume increase this week. Wouldn’t usually see more than maybe 3-4 runners on the route I did this morning at that time, probably saw min 20 today.

Yes thanks, all good at the moment. :thumbsup:

Ha Ha, I have been on that bus of shame.
Used to run regularly between Portslade and Saltdean along the seafront.
Caught up in a mental storm and wind just too much on way back meaning treading water.
Got bus back somewhere from close to Roedean school, felt guilty about it ever since.

:lolol:

It's good to have an option though......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here