Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I still think Powell from Wigan is a target,
Locadia will be sent on loan to a club in Turkey.
I can't see us going for Youssef Msakni as he plays in a position we are comfortable already with.
Connolly out on loan.
Shelotto & Suttner will be shipped out
possibly someone left field like Joe Lolley

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You tell me where we need strengthening and I'll find the rumour.

As it is I'm rather stuck for where to begin looking.
Is there any info on the rumour about that striker from Alcorcon ? Munoz. Or was that just an NSC guess ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there any info on the rumour about that striker from Alcorcon ? Munoz. Or was that just an NSC guess ?

It certainly didn't come through my official channels.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
if we are looking to get someone in, they will have to be better than what we have now right? Which means a lot of money would need to be spent (as Clubs are loathe to lose players mid season, so they cost more). So we either have to pick up an absolute bargain, which is a risk or we pay top dollar for someone who could take time to settle (ala Locadia).

I can't see us buying any of the following:
Goal Keepers - Covered
Defenders - Covered
Midfield - Covered
No 10 - Not Covered
Strikers - Covered

We don't have someone who can challenge Gross at the moment which did expose us when he was injured and he will take time now to get up to speed.

So a no 10 is who I think we'll be looking for. The logical answer would be Powell, 6 months left on his contract, whispers are he is not renewing so Wigan would be keen to sell especially as don't look to be heading for the play offs. Plus we tend to go back in for players we've been linked with previously.

People leaving I should imagine will happen, Schelotto and Suttner the most obvious candidates with Burns coming in.

Could be a very quiet window.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've got the feeling we will not buy anyone or sell anyone. Locadia may go on loan to somewhere with a view to buy in the summer. But I doubt we would (believe it or not ) want him to leave. Could be the most boring January ever but stability will be the key.

Yep, l think we can hibernate all through next month and not miss a thing. Loadia will stay onboard l think, (I havent written him off), Suttner and/or Schelotto may go, but that's about it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When Burn joins the squad, it could mean Barclay drops out of it to go on loan. He talked about a possible loan out a while back.

Schelotto and Suttner could also go, and even if Mathias Normann then joins the 25 we'll still be 1 short ( assuming Ahannach is out for the season ).

A 24 man squad wouldn't be the end of the world, though - particularly as in addition we have White, Connolly, and Gyokeres.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I still think Powell from Wigan is a target,
Locadia will be sent on loan to a club in Turkey.
I can't see us going for Youssef Msakni as he plays in a position we are comfortable already with.
Connolly out on loan.
Shelotto & Suttner will be shipped out
possibly someone left field like Joe Lolley

Can’t see Locadia going in January. It would leave us with only two strikers, unless we’re going to sign another which I just can’t see happening. Much more likely he’ll go in the summer, if it hasn’t worked out. A goal could still change everything for him.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION]

You know the rules man! YouTube highlights reel... transfermarket value... WAG photo... fifa card thingy

All we have at the moment is the link to the rumour! You need to take a look at Youssef mate

D

Deleted member 2719

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION]

You know the rules man! YouTube highlights reel... transfermarket value... WAG photo... fifa card thingy

All we have at the moment is the link to the rumour! You need to take a look at Youssef mate

My thread my rules and I am a lazy journalist !punk:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can’t see Locadia going in January. It would leave us with only two strikers, unless we’re going to sign another which I just can’t see happening. Much more likely he’ll go in the summer, if it hasn’t worked out. A goal could still change everything for him.

How many do we need? - we only ever play with one, so two seems plenty. Plus there's Connolly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here