Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I guess we think he's too expensive? Gone very quiet...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I guess we think he's too expensive? Gone very quiet...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
he is still on holiday after the world cup, so it's more of a question of him making a decision. iranian reports on twitter suggest we're the only club to have taken things as far as an official enquiry.
this twitter thread should be helpful:
https://twitter.com/GolBezan/status/1012605980222345216
read all the replies as well, should indicate what's going on. Anyways, when things go quiet it usually means there's a lot going on behind the scenes. No news tends to be good news for us in terms of transfers, at least in the aspect that it doesn't indicate an end in our interest. us cooling our interest in a player or a move falling apart tends to be done very publicly (ie. McNair, Andone last summer, Alireza a few years ago, ect.)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
he is still on holiday after the world cup, so it's more of a question of him making a decision. iranian reports on twitter suggest we're the only club to have taken things as far as an official enquiry.
this twitter thread should be helpful:
https://twitter.com/GolBezan/status/1012605980222345216
read all the replies as well, should indicate what's going on. Anyways, when things go quiet it usually means there's a lot going on behind the scenes. No news tends to be good news for us in terms of transfers, at least in the aspect that it doesn't indicate an end in our interest. us cooling our interest in a player or a move falling apart tends to be done very publicly (ie. McNair, Andone last summer, Alireza a few years ago, ect.)

Thank you. I shall try to remain more optimistic in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
On the way to the UK apparently. With Mahrez signing for Man City are we destined to miss out again?

Jahanbakhsh pakt vliegtuig om mooie deal af te ronden #jahanbakhsh #az #leicester #brighton soccernews.nl/news/466699/ja…

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
On the way to the UK apparently. With Mahrez signing for Man City are we destined to miss out again?

Jahanbakhsh pakt vliegtuig om mooie deal af te ronden #jahanbakhsh #az #leicester #brighton soccernews.nl/news/466699/ja…
If Leicester want him we have no chance, especially with the Mahrez money burning a hole in their pockets.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it unreasonable to think “**** him” when we don’t really know what’s happening? Because that’s exactly how I feel about this player. I have seen and heard nothing to make me think I’d warm to him, even if we signed him :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it unreasonable to think “**** him” when we don’t really know what’s happening? Because that’s exactly how I feel about this player.
No. Same old story. I'd be amazed if he joins us, he didn't want to 3 years ago, not sure he has changed his spots.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is it unreasonable to think “**** him” when we don’t really know what’s happening? Because that’s exactly how I feel about this player. I have seen and heard nothing to make me think I’d warm to him, even if we signed him :shrug:

I agree with this. He might prove to be another world beater like Mahrez, but in all likelihood he won't. I'd rather look at someone who hasn't messed the club about. I'm not sure about Percy either, considering the way he's going about engineering an exit from his current club.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The stat that worries me is the fact that Iran had the lowest average shots per match of any country in the world cup, would the players we already have been good enough for the Iran squad, if so its not an upgrade

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Quite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree with this. He might prove to be another world beater like Mahrez, but in all likelihood he won't. I'd rather look at someone who hasn't messed the club about. I'm not sure about Percy either, considering the way he's going about engineering an exit from his current club.

Young Perce appears to have been messed about by his club; if that is indeed the case, as looks likely, his actions are justified. Whether he comes here, or if he'll be any good, I have of course no idea.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I don't think he messed the club about, he was advised to join the Dutch top tier rather than a Championship club for the benefit of his development - by the Iran manager at the time (i think) or something like that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hang on chaps, this is football not real life.

He hasn't applied for the job of Albion winger and is now undecided on whether to take up the offer.
I don't see how he's messing the club about?

x amount of clubs want him, x amount of clubs will have to wait for the decision that will effect his entire life (and the life of those around him!! )

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He hasn't applied for the job of Albion winger and is now undecided on whether to take up the offer.

x amount of clubs want him, x amount of clubs will have to wait for the decision that will effect his entire life (and the life of those around him!! )

Well, I for one, hopes he finds a club other than us. I am sure there are other wingers with long names who’d actually be keen to come here :smile:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Well said SB...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, I for one, hopes he finds a club other than us. I am sure there are other wingers with long names who’d actually be keen to come here :smile:

Why the assumption he isn't keen to come here?
I think he's very keen to come here, we know for a fact there are multiple offers for him, I'd be amazed if the Albion were the biggest fish in that particular pond, and yet haven't been dismissed out of hand.

We also know anyone playing poker with the club will lose, so it's not just a case of Ali playing clubs off against each other, because the Albion would have walked away long ago.

Again, the fella is on the brink of a life changing decision and is weighing up the options.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Have we even bid this time round? Last time round his decision not to join was understandable... we were in the Championship then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here