Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so who is the potential signing andy naylor talking about

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't get too upset about loan signings if we get players we otherwise couldn't, but would rather we kept it to 5 or below, so we are not having to leave any out of the matchday squad.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Thank you. Bit disappointed TBH. Has Eagles still got it? If so, why was he at Blackpool?

His last season at Bolton he only played 18 times, the season before that he finished top scorer.

These quotes from a Burnley fan in the summer:

A very frustrating player is Chris Eagles. All the skill, the lovely control and touches he never seemed to beat the first man with a cross.

The player directly behind him on whichever flank or even in the middle (if he played there) would have his work cut out.

He's a luxury that Burnley couldn't afford (and I don't mean in monetary terms) and he's a luxury that Bolton can't afford (again I don't mean money wise).

Having said that he was on £30,000 a week plus at Bolton.

He has asthma as well.

Not that you should discriminate against him for that.

A reet nice lad though and a good footballer, he's just not one that you want in a Championship no holds barred fight

Would be nice to get [MENTION=26309]Bolton va va[/MENTION] 's opinion.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not sure we need to be looking at Eagles. He seems a bit too similar to McCourt.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
....I don't understand this loan stuff. Are we really a club that will not sign anyone anymore and only get loans in? Maybe the policy is to fill the team with loanees until our development squad players, who we own , are ready to step up?

Quite simple really.
We require players of a certain quality to improve on what we already have. Most of these players are attached to clubs in the Premier league or recently have been in the PL. They will be on PL salaries.
Although I'm sure we would love to sign them permanently, and the actual transfer fee probably isn't out of our reach. The player is unlikely to take a wage drop from his current guaranteed income.
So we negotiate with PL club to loan player to us whilst only covering a % of the wage and keeping our wage structure in place.
Born out of necessity rather than choice really.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't shoot the messenger but I have it on reliable authority 'he' has played for Southampton recently in midfield and still lives locally.
'He' has expressed a wish to play for his local team whatever you can make of that.

The young lad from Worthing on loan , cant remember his name,made his debut for Southampton a couple of weeks ago.

Getting warmer B's G.......

Any further news on a name.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
His last season at Bolton he only played 18 times, the season before that he finished top scorer.

These quotes from a Burnley fan in the summer:

Would be nice to get [MENTION=26309]Bolton va va[/MENTION] 's opinion.

Thank you for this. My suspicions confirmed, sadly.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not many complained when we signed Bridge and Upson on loan who were players well out of our range to buy.

Agreed. But Halford? Best? Not really comparable are they?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I would just love to hear Albion fans having to chant "Eagles, Eagles" - of course you passed up on a Scottish kiddie some years ago called Tom Brighton. Probably wisely, he seems to have vanished since.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would just love to hear Albion fans having to chant "Eagles, Eagles" - of course you passed up on a Scottish kiddie some years ago called Tom Brighton. Probably wisely, he seems to have vanished since.

This is not a Palace thread, troll.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

He won't be allowed to have his surname on the back of the shirt if he comes here , I guess the suggestion of Nigel will be amenable to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here