Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes - you have a point. After all you have ppf pushing on your side of the scrum. We can't match that!

Ah but as thicky leavers who don't know our own minds we realise our limitations and wouldn't claim to be the fountain of all knowledge. And thanx for putting that terrible image of scrumming with ppf in my mind .. :eek:

Jan 30, 2008
They quoted on the news today that when asked what percentage of the UK are muslims?, the 'guessed' answer varied depending on whether you are a Brexit Leaver or Remainer.

Leavers thought 24% of the UK were muslims.
Remainers thought 10% of the UK were muslims.
The actual percentage of the UK that are muslims is 4%.
I never mentioned muslims ?????

regards
DR

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
You mean the pretend-we're-leaving-but-don't-want-to-upset-the remainers-too much plan?

Well there were rather lot of us, most of whom were ordinary citizens (unlike the nasty Remain fanatics here who are a bunch of sneering clever-clogs who like nothing better than to see our great nation crumble into the dust) whose views must count for something?

The 60 or so ERG members are exerting a much greater disproportionality of influence than anyone since Militant (arguably). Indeed you could narrow it down even further and say the 4 Labour Brexiteer backbenchers who are de facto propping up the May government are even more so.

If and when this all ends in tears, I do hope that our resident Leavers will turn their turret towards the ERG before anyone else. - but I fear that the narrative will be heavily laden with references to the Establishment, Gina Miller, the 27, the EU, the spineless Remoaners, the Labour party and the those of us who saw the car crash coming and at least tried to find the brakes.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'll be honest, I haven't read all 5,380 pages of this, in fact I probably haven't read even one whole one. But a genuine question for those that voted Leave.

If it was proved beyond reasonable doubt - and I think we're getting there on a few of these - that a) you were lied to across the board on the NHS and immigration, b) the Leave campaign broke the law and c) you were mugged off by Russia who were orchestrating a campaign to destabilise the UK/NATO/EU...

...would you have voted differently? And the obvious follow-up, if not, why not?

Because until we deal with these issues, the country is going to be split - perhaps permanently. I (as we all have) have been on the wrong end of General Election results, but I can never remember in my lifetime a vote that has left so many people furious that their future, be it for their kids and free movement to work and travel and all the rest, OR on the other side wanting it away from the EU, has been put into jeopardy.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And in rugby terms I'm putting him at prop and you in the 2nd row...………..I hope I don't need to draw a picture.

Ouch ... also the 13 or so Tory Remain rebels have been exerting a big influence on limiting the government's hand eventually leading May to jump for a softer Brexit despite the wishes of the ERG or a few Labour Brexiteers.

Jan 30, 2008
I'll be honest, I haven't read all 5,380 pages of this, in fact I probably haven't read even one whole one. But a genuine question for those that voted Leave.

If it was proved beyond reasonable doubt - and I think we're getting there on a few of these - that a) you were lied to across the board on the NHS and immigration, b) the Leave campaign broke the law and c) you were mugged off by Russia who were orchestrating a campaign to destabilise the UK/NATO/EU...

...would you have voted differently? And the obvious follow-up, if not, why not?

Because until we deal with these issues, the country is going to be split - perhaps permanently. I (as we all have) have been on the wrong end of General Election results, but I can never remember in my lifetime a vote that has left so many people furious that their future, be it for their kids and free movement to work and travel and all the rest, OR on the other side wanting it away from the EU, has been put into jeopardy.
bit late to be asking those questions ,we're leaving ,hasn't anybody told you
regards
DR

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm not blaming you wholesale. The lies you were fed proabably felt very believable to a section of society who felt the EU was a bad thing. However I do blame you for not doing a bit of reserach and tryinig to see if you were being lied to and see if we do actually benefit from the EU (we do). Because Leave voters have ensured many, many areas that benefited from the EU never see that kind of help and support ever again. Especially under a Tory government.

Well thank you for not blaming me wholesale.
Incredibly patronising comments about someone you haven't got a clue about. You don't know my background, my job, my age, my aspirations, my political leanings. Nothing. And yet you have the pomposity to lecture me about doing more research about the EU and suggesting that my inferior intellect led to me believing the ' lies ' that were swilling around the referendum trough.
Lets get down to the nitty gritty then. Are you a wealth creator? Do you benefit this country? Do you employ people? Do you run your own business? Do you take everyday decisions that affect people's lives? Do you trade and negotiate abroad? How experienced in life and in business are you? Are you widely travelled in business? Are you successful? Are you not so successful?
See...I know nothing about you but have to form an opinion based on a wholly inappropriate response. This thread has turned away from sensible and balanced debate to a sort of ' if you are not in our... all seeing, all knowing, smug, we have answers for everything and don't like whats going on and are desperate to be proved right and anyone who voted Leave is a congenital idiot and has destroyed the future of this country....club '
It is a Remainers coven. All hovering over their keyboards waiting to dismiss and pour vitriol on anyone who dares to utter the slightest pro-Leave comment. There is no consideration anymore. No one wants to move on. It feels like you want to wallow in a lather of self-congratulatory condemnation. An alternative viewpoint is instantly dismissed as ignorance or piffle. I can see many good points about the EU but it just doesn't fit with my very long held belief that the original concept of a common market of sovereign states was by far, the best idea. I don't want a European superbloc controlled by beaurocrats, that I believe operates protectionist policies and doesn't entirely suit us. Its trading arrangements are designed to suit big manufacturing countries like Germany, not a country like the UK, that does 80% of its business in services.
I don't heap scorn on anyone who voted Remain. I respect their viewpoint and if the vote had gone the other way, i would have been disappointed but would have moved on, with a ' same old, same old shit as before ' attitude. This thread is a hotbed of intransigence, intolerance and disrespect and really does no one any favours at all.
Adios Amigos.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
bit late to be asking those questions ,we're leaving ,hasn't anybody told you
regards
DR

Thanks for that. I was under the impression that we had been running around like headless chickens for two years and no one knows what the f**k is going on. I'm glad there is in fact a plan.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
project fear in full swing from the usual suspects, oh dear the end is nigh :down:
regards
DR

On a serious note though, people like yourself who claim benefits instead of earning stand to lose a lot less than people who work and pay taxes. So, without sounding nasty, your opinion is rather invalid as you stand to lose or gain nothing through Brexit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Incredibly patronising comments about someone you haven't got a clue about. You don't know my background, my job, my age, my aspirations, my political leanings. Nothing. And yet you have the pomposity to lecture me about doing more research about the EU and suggesting that my inferior intellect led to me believing the ' lies ' that were swilling around the referendum trough.
Lets get down to the nitty gritty then. Are you a wealth creator? Do you benefit this country? Do you employ people? Do you run your own business? Do you take everyday decisions that affect people's lives? Do you trade and negotiate abroad? How experienced in life and in business are you? Are you widely travelled in business? Are you successful? Are you not so successful?
See...I know nothing about you but have to form an opinion based on a wholly inappropriate response. This thread has turned away from sensible and balanced debate to a sort of ' if you are not in our... all seeing, all knowing, smug, we have answers for everything and don't like whats going on and are desperate to be proved right and anyone who voted Leave is a congenital idiot and has destroyed the future of this country....club '
It is a Remainers coven. All hovering over their keyboards waiting to dismiss and pour vitriol on anyone who dares to utter the slightest pro-Leave comment. There is no consideration anymore. No one wants to move on. It feels like you want to wallow in a lather of self-congratulatory condemnation. An alternative viewpoint is instantly dismissed as ignorance or piffle. I can see many good points about the EU but it just doesn't fit with my very long held belief that the original concept of a common market of sovereign states was by far, the best idea. I don't want a European superbloc controlled by beaurocrats, that I believe operates protectionist policies and doesn't entirely suit us. Its trading arrangements are designed to suit big manufacturing countries like Germany, not a country like the UK, that does 80% of its business in services.
I don't heap scorn on anyone who voted Remain. I respect their viewpoint and if the vote had gone the other way, i would have been disappointed but would have moved on, with a ' same old, same old shit as before ' attitude. This thread is a hotbed of intransigence, intolerance and disrespect and really does no one any favours at all.
Adios Amigos.

"Adios" indeed.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adios Amigos.

Be honest where HAVE you seen a sensible and balanced debate on this issue? I haven't seen one. Not on TV. Nor heard one on the radio. Not before, during or since the referendum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
yep Newhaven"s really multicultural isn't it, come to think of it the whole area's multicultural ,spot the white man :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Silly old fairy. There are lots of white men (and women) who think we should remain, and work with our neighbours.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Apparently I hear rumour (on the BBC news - 1st item) that the whole Ireland /NI border thing is starting to be a bit of a problem in negotiations.

Probably just more remoaners peddling 'project fear' but If only someone could have seen this coming :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here