Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If we had never joined the EU I wonder what kind of relationship we would have developed with the organisation?

Well if we had had the initial impetus of all the stolen Jewish monies deposited by the Germans during and after the war and also no war debt as such ( because we didn’t want to get involved in all that nasty stuff) then maybe we could be like Switzerland.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder how many of the countries that were 'queuing up to follow our lead and get out of the EU', are still right behind the UK?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You're making out that not having to join the Euro was a concession to the UK. The truth is that no member of the EU at the time HAD to join the Euro, it was a choice. New members do now have to join. So being generous and calling it a consession, it was a consession to all members not a specific UK concession. In reality it wasn't a concession at all.

Denmark and The UK had opt outs based on the Maastricht treaty. Sweden, which didn't as it wasn't a member in 1993, turned down Euro membership in 2003 via a refrendum. Are they joining anytime soon because they have to?

What about Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland? Just 14 years and counting since they've been in The EU. Romania, Croatia and Bulgaria. When are they being forced to join?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
and can we please just agree on one negative thing from the EU - the poxy GDPR compliance popup/overlays on just about every commercial website? until a few months ago, a little cookies bar, which you could ignore. not now, its full on do you agree or not agree, the later of which leads to maze of options and sometimes literally hundreds of third parties to deactviate. so do you agree to everything, try to navigate the many options, or leave?

on typing this, i feel like its a metaphor for the relationship with EU.

Must play havoc with pastafarians internet browsing habits.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Denmark and The UK had opt outs based on the Maastricht treaty. Sweden, which didn't as it wasn't a member in 1993, turned down Euro membership in 2003 via a refrendum. Are they joining anytime soon because they have to?

What about Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland? Just 14 years and counting since they've been in The EU. Romania, Croatia and Bulgaria. When are they being forced to join?

Concessions, opt outs, all the same description of an opposite of mandatory.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Who said Brexit will make us all poorer??

Farage’s big bucks – The former Ukip leader Nigel Farage earned £524,000 and £700,000 through TV and radio work respectively in the past four years, according to transparency campaigners who are calling on MEPs to be more open about second jobs. The figures make him the highest earner outside the European parliament of any of Britain’s 73 MEPs, according to Transparency International. Last year Farage claimed to be “skint”.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sadiq Khan on Good morning Britain, what an absolute ****ing pleb

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
???Ooh err Matron, things are getting heated on NSC.
Rather more insults than usual. Just as well we are going out for the day.
Will check progress when we return.:eek::::annoyed::down:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Farage’s big bucks – The former Ukip leader Nigel Farage earned £524,000 and £700,000 through TV and radio work respectively in the past four years, according to transparency campaigners who are calling on MEPs to be more open about second jobs. The figures make him the highest earner outside the European parliament of any of Britain’s 73 MEPs, according to Transparency International. Last year Farage claimed to be “skint”.

Does anyone believe a word Nigel says anymore? The poor skint man is cavorting in Bermuda, that well known tax haven, with Aaron Banks.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Concessions, opt outs, all the same description of an opposite of mandatory.

But you agree that it was a 'concession' to everyone and therefore your original copy and paste of a twitter post was at best misleading - i.e. it wasn't a specific concession to the UK as you suggested ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I'd take a 5% drop off in the economy for control over our country. However I don't think the economy would drop off by that much. There are so many opportunities outside the EU that we could tap in to. I'd just walk away and accept no deal and get on with trading with the rest of the world. The EU would eventually come back to the table with an attractive offer.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Does anyone believe a word Nigel says anymore? The poor skint man is cavorting in Bermuda, that well known tax haven, with Aaron Banks.

It's strange - Farage wasn't part of the official leave campaign, isn't a member of the Tory party nor holds a cabinet position yet remainers seem obsessed with him and what he's doing now. Very bizarre.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally I'd take a 5% drop off in the economy for control over our country. However I don't think the economy would drop off by that much. There are so many opportunities outside the EU that we could tap in to. I'd just walk away and accept no deal and get on with trading with the rest of the world. The EU would eventually come back to the table with an attractive offer.

Have you ever heard the saying that 'If you think the answer is simple, then you haven't understood the question'?

Well, that's you.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Great another deluded Brexchimpleton who I can't ignore because he happens to be a mod. Just after we'd managed to get rid of the last one too.

#Le sigh#

D

Deleted member 22389

If I don't get what I voted for, I shall be voting for ukip all over again, there will be millions of others too.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's strange - Farage wasn't part of the official leave campaign, isn't a member of the Tory party nor holds a cabinet position yet remainers seem obsessed with him and what he's doing now. Very bizarre.

No, he's only been one of, if not 'the', voice of Euro scepticism for 25 years, was leader of the party that obtained most votes in the UK in the 2014 European Parliamentary Elections, the man it could be argued the referendum would never have taken place without, is a self publicising narcissist who headed up the unofficial and dubiously funded Leave.EU campaign, playing upon some ignorant peoples nostalgic sentiments by fancifully mentioning things about fishing and the sea, focusing on concerns about immigration by constantly mentioning an 'Australian style points system' along with the official leave campaign that never materialised and cynically played upon some peoples subliminal fears in regards to Islam and Muslims by constantly mentioning Turkey joining The EU and standing in front of that poster below. Some people might call him a hypocrite, a chancer - He still talks about 'Tory Posh boys' when he went to Dulwich College and is a former member of the Tory party himself. He leads a group in the European Parliament but hardly ever turns up. He represents South East England in The European Parliament, but never did something like Catherine Bearder did and regularly met DEFRA in Whitehall to lobby for The UK quota to be administered in favour of the under 10 metre boats in her constituency, rather than be given over to large scale commercial fleets. Those are but a few examples of his hypocritical chancing. I'd just call him a c**t.

this-poster-just-compared-nigel-farage-to-hitler-136406832021010401-160616150042.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you taking the piss? The opposition are to blame for the utter chaos that is our current minority government?!

Exactly. This mess is entirely down to the Tories and the whole fiasco has done nothing but serve to show us what a bunch of self-serving yet utterly incompetent pricks the government front bench is made up of. Almost to a man/woman, themselves before party before country. I hope they get absolutely slaughtered at the polls for this - the LibDems did and for far, FAR less.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I don't get what I voted for, I shall be voting for ukip all over again, there will be millions of others too.

17m people voted for 17m different versions of Brexit. You can't all get what you think you voted for. That's kind of the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here