Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fenerbahce are showing an interest in Brighton forward Jurgen Locadia.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Agree - i would sell if we could recoup all our money and look to invest somewhere else
What a ridiculous thing to say. We haven't even given the guy a chance to see what he can do so why would would we sell and take a punt on someone else.......I suppose that's JCL for you!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

el punal

I'm hoping this too, but I'm sure there would be a few offering to drive him

And those wishing to drive him might be better off staying there. The poor guy has only played a handful of games and yet some have already judged him to be this side of useless. God help us! Just as well those individuals are not responsible for player recruitment or selection, we wouldn’t have had Murray, Stephens, Duffy, Dunk, Ryan, Bong and many more still in our ranks if they had their way. A slight dip in form or a poor game - get rid. :shrug:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Seems like lazy journalism around this tweet where JL wishes Philip Cocu good luck.

[tweet]1010130178914299904[/tweet]

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm hoping this too, but I'm sure there would be a few offering to drive him

That might well be down to the fact that he has looked disinterested, as anybody who had the misfortune to be at Palace will likely confirm. Not for the first (or last) time.

He needs to show massive improvement next season. There won't be the 'He hasn't had a full pre-season' excuse either. I still don't get that excuse!

Let's hope he does the business for us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we could recoup all (or least most) of what we paid, go for it, and take another punt elsewhere.

As a LOAN deal though - can't see any benefit for us, so no chance.

We haven't even 'taken a punt' on Locadia yet though have we...? He needs a run of games in his correct position. It was just Murray's sparkling form that meant that rightly never happened. I think we need some patience on this one myself.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And those wishing to drive him might be better off staying there. The poor guy has only played a handful of games and yet some have already judged him to be this side of useless. God help us! Just as well those individuals are not responsible for player recruitment or selection, we wouldn’t have had Murray, Stephens, Duffy, Dunk, Ryan, Bong and many more still in our ranks if they had their way. A slight dip in form or a poor game - get rid. :shrug:
I'm sure the NSC knifemen battalion will be logging in later.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rashford can't head the ball either

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see quite a few NSCers have written Jurgen off already. How can you do that given how little he has played?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The poor guy has only played a handful of games and yet some have already judged him to be this side of useless.

I don't think anybody has written him off as useless. I certainly haven't suggested that.

But this lad wasn't a speculative £1m punt, for the development squad. £15m is a lot of cash, even for the newly minted Albion. For that kind of outlay, whatever kind of pre-season he had, however match-fit he was, and however much settling in he needs, I would still have expected to see more from the lad than we did. Chris Hughton seemed to agree.

We haven't even 'taken a punt' on Locadia yet though have we...? He needs a run of games in his correct position. It was just Murray's sparkling form that meant that rightly never happened. I think we need some patience on this one myself.

He was £15m Sheebo, and an experienced pro, from a decent league. He should be able to adapt. At the very least he should be able to work his Dutch nuts off - we haven't even seen that from him yet. And the 'in his right position' argument is the fans being very generous to him - out wide in a three IS where he played most games for PSV. Just because we all WANT him to be the star centre forward, doesn't make him so.

I see quite a few NSCers have written Jurgen off already. How can you do that given how little he has played?

He's played enough for some to question his effort levels, which I don't think is unfair. Unless he sorts out his awareness of his role in the side, and works harder, he will never, ever earn the 'run of games' that people are hoping will magically transform him into Patrick Kluivert.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think anybody has written him off as useless. I certainly haven't suggested that.

But this lad wasn't a speculative £1m punt, for the development squad. £15m is a lot of cash, even for the newly minted Albion. For that kind of outlay, whatever kind of pre-season he had, however match-fit he was, and however much settling in he needs, I would still have expected to see more from the lad than we did. Chris Hughton seemed to agree.

He was £15m Sheebo, and an experienced pro, from a decent league. He should be able to adapt. At the very least he should be able to work his Dutch nuts off - we haven't even seen that from him yet. And the 'in his right position' argument is the fans being very generous to him - out wide in a three IS where he played most games for PSV. Just because we all WANT him to be the star centre forward, doesn't make him so.

He's played enough for some to question his effort levels, which I don't think is unfair. Unless he sorts out his awareness of his role in the side, and works harder, he will never, ever earn the 'run of games' that people are hoping will magically transform him into Patrick Kluivert.

I guess we’ll need to leave this in the “we’ll see” box for a couple of months...assuming we don’t loan him to Turkey, when I think we can assume CH agrees with you.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was in favour of the Locadia purchase but the signing of Andone suggests that we will continue with the 4-2-3-1 formation, and therefore I don't see how Locadia starts in this formation.

He's still miles better than Hemed and Baldock though.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
We signed him in January. He's our record ever signing and Hughton has barely played him. I'm not optimistic CH rates him.
Let me use Izquierdo as an example again. For the first 20 games of the season, he only managed 6 starts, as opposed to 18 starts after Christmas. Players from abroad take time to settle and get to grips with the English game and Chris always eases them in slowly. Locadia was still recovering from a 2 month layoff so to expect him to hit the ground running is very nieve. No one know if Chris rates him or not, but one thing for sure, it's too early to off load him and start the whole process again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here