Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alan Sugar in the sh*t !!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a shit, outdated, inappropriate joke, that a ten year old would be embarrassed to have posted, yet alone a Knight of the Realm.

But, ultimately that's all it was. A genuine apology should be the end of it. Calls for anything more are over the top.

The guy has done some damage to his own public image, which is in itself sufficient fall-out for one ill-advised lapse of common sense, IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a problem with anyone in the public eye making these sorts of racist jokes. This one is probably not particularly offensive, but it's not funny either or a decent thing to say, so why bother?
I don't even get the joke. What's it supposed to mean?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lots of people demanding Sugar be sacked from the BBC and have his Kinghthood taken away this morning

Lots of people = sad whingers who spend their life crying about everything on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have a problem with anyone in the public eye making these sorts of racist jokes. This one is probably not particularly offensive, but it's not funny either or a decent thing to say, so why bother? And when that person comes from a minority group himself, you have to say he really should know better.

But for all that, people demanding the sort of action [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] is talking about also need to have a word with themselves. We really ought to be at a point in society where we can discuss and condemn casual racism for what it is, and not treat it as something far, far worse such as racially-motivated ABH or murder.

So people who scream "racist!" as per US's example really irritate me. I mean what has Sugar really done apart from embarrass himself? It's like treating rapists and murderers in the same way as a hungry beggar who steals a chocolate bar from a newsagent.

I am just reporting developements. I don't really make any comments on social media anymore. certainly not on here of a personal opinion

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Poor Alan Sugar, he must think he's the funniest man alive because every time I see him crack some totally naff joke in the boardroom on the Apprentice, all the sycophants are falling over themselves to demonstrate how funny they think siralan is.

He's the real victim here.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Oh don't worry, I'm offended. I'm just not sure why yet.

Still, I've complained to our MP anyway.

Excellent.

Just need to know if you’re now currently in the 1950’s, the 1970’s , or my personal favourite from earlier , 1981? very specific that one .

Can only presume full equality wasn’t reached until 1982

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Failure you say? What does that make you?

someone who doesn't make derogatory jokes about Africans.

Sugar's a failure. It doesn't matter how rich you make yourself, if you're still at that mental level of needing to put yourself on the TV for unnecessary publicity, run a football club whilst having a massive on air tantrum about Klinsman leaving, constantly lies on national TV about being a practicing Jew, and then goes online and mock Africans in the World Cup, shows he clearly didn't get too far in life other than building up loads of greedy digits. He's a miserable, rude knob head who never had any true friends. Failure is being light. Would you want your kids taking influence from a massive narcissistic personality disorder?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here