Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season signings- who is on Chris Hughton's (realistic) wishlist?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Joe Allen and I also hear Gareth Bale is unsettled.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Posted this on another thread.

Goalkeeper- Stay the same if new deals are agreed, Walton back out on loan. Replacement for 2nd/3rd choice if required.

Centre Back- Replacement for BFG, rest to stay the same. I want Goldson to play more games and get a good loan but replacing 2 CB's is too much change. 1 Signing

Full Back- Perhaps controversial but this is where I want the biggest improvement as all have question marks over certain aspects of their game. Bruno despite his last few excellent performances is obviously getting on, Schelotto defensively, Bong going forward and Suttner not excelling at either part. I would try and bring in two 1st choice full backs and move on either one of Schelotto or Suttner leaving Bruno to fill the Rosenior role of being able to cover both positions as 2nd/3rd choice. (If Rosenior isn't retained) 2 signings (I think we will only see 1 happen)

Centre Mid / Attacking Mid- Competition for Stephens, Delaney perhaps. Competition for Propper/Gross, Powell? Along with Kayal that would be 6 players fighting out for 3 spots. 2 signings

Wingers- Left wing covered with Izquierdo / Locadia and March, right winger coming in to really push Knockaert & March. 1 Signing

Up top- Hemed, Baldock, I think will go. 1 big signing to push Murray/Locadia. U23 as 4th choice. 1 signing

I make that 3 goalkeepers, 9 defenders, 6 midfielders, 4 wingers (as Locadia falls under striker) and 3 strikers. 25 man squad complete. Challenge is to get enough homegrown players in.

7 signings, 3/4 to be first choice the others pushing. As mentioned I can't see us signing 2 new full backs so that would make it 6 plus anyone that needs replacing should we get an offer we cant turn down.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Both Joe Bryan and Ryan Sessegnon will be leaving the championship this summer.

Sessegnon may well be leaving it and coming to the prem with Fulham. If they fail then someone like Spurs will get him. He is such a talent.

However, Joe Bryan is an EXCELLENT left back. The promoted teams and lower half of the prem will undoubtedly be interested.

I REALLY like Bong. He's a very good defender. But I can see us going in for a left back.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I wouldnt mind two new full backs.

Naughton or Fredricks to challange Bruno and Gibbs to come in at left back to provide competition for Bong.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Adama Traore will get a move to the prem if Boro fail. So fun to watch.

Some properly talented players in the playoffs this year.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Fredericks,Gibbs, Allen, Roderiguez,Sigurdson,Llorente all better then what we have and are due to be playing in championship

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think that he is a poor imitation of Knockaert so could we afford to have both?

Stats-wise (who doesn't love a stat?) Sky rated Traore as the top performing Championship player this season

"Traore transformed into arguably the Championship's best player once Tony Pulis took charge at the Riverside and with a WhoScored.com rating of 7.89, he is our best-rated player of the season. He won more WhoScored.com man-of-the-match awards (14) than any other player and completed considerably more dribbles (243) than anyone else. An additional five goals and 10 assists contributed to what has been a superb campaign for the Spanish winger."

I watched 3 or 4 of his games this year. Absolutely lightning and certainly has end product now which was his major criticism last year. Also I think he is only 22 and already had a taste of the prem.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fredericks,Gibbs, Allen, Roderiguez,Sigurdson,Llorente all better then what we have and are due to be playing in championship

Sigurdson and Lorente in the championship, who for and what have you been smoking?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
TB will sign a £20m+ striker this Summer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stats-wise (who doesn't love a stat?) Sky rated Traore as the top performing Championship player this season

"Traore transformed into arguably the Championship's best player once Tony Pulis took charge at the Riverside and with a WhoScored.com rating of 7.89, he is our best-rated player of the season. He won more WhoScored.com man-of-the-match awards (14) than any other player and completed considerably more dribbles (243) than anyone else. An additional five goals and 10 assists contributed to what has been a superb campaign for the Spanish winger."

I watched 3 or 4 of his games this year. Absolutely lightning and certainly has end product now which was his major criticism last year. Also I think he is only 22 and already had a taste of the prem.

As I said an imitation of Knockaert who unless I am mistaken was voted the best last season. Can we afford 2 luxury players in the hope that they turn it on occasionally.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As I said an imitation of Knockaert who unless I am mistaken was voted the best last season. Can we afford 2 luxury players in the hope that they turn it on occasionally.

I mean, apart from having legs, he's not really like Knockaert.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think his style of play is so unless he is seen as an improvement, which I dont think that he is, let him go elsewhere. I would say that he is an improvement from the bench on March.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I know it's the 'way' but why do we need 2 senior pros to cover for Matt Ryan?

Considering Ryan has played in every league game all season and Maenpaa has only 1 league game in the two seasons he was 2nd choice behind Stockdale. It seems bizarre that a squad would need 3 goalkeepers when we could've gotten away with 1 For 129 of our 130 league games since Maenpaa arrived. If both Maenpaa and Krul leave then sign another but having a U21 goal keeper as 3rd choice should be fine considering the likelihood of them being used is so low.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here