Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No ratings thread?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Exactly where are you seeing this Murray can't win anything in the air nonsense? It certainly isn't in this thread:

Higher mark for his work in the air

Noted his winning of headers

No comment on his winning or not of headers.

Won headers

No comment either way

No comment on winning or not of headers

No comment either way

No comment either way

The one post you saw

No comment either way

That's alot of good analysis, only problem is I was talking about nonsense being talked outside the ground.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think Huddersfield done a bit of research on us, firstly we was/have been doing a lot of back passes to our keeper. We was doing these passes without looking to see if anyone was around, and some of them was close to call, until the Duffy one. They was seeming to capitalize on these passes. (hopefully this reads alright)

You can bet your life Wagner did:
1. Mass man mark Izquierdo out of the game.
2. Over load Schelotto who attacks, leaving huge gaps in behind.
3. Isolate Murray so that he's a lone figure against two giants.
4. Mounie and Pritchard to harry our towering CB's into errors. TICK - LED TO EQUALISER.
5. Pack CM with 3 mobile and pacey types, able to win most balls against slow Gross and Propper.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 7 Nothing wrong
Bong 6 ok but nothing going forward
Dunk 7 Good game
Duffy 3 Terrible
Sheletto 6 Fair
Stevens 5 Contributed little going forward
Propper 5 As above
Gross 4 Very poor
March 4 Did nothing apart from goal.
Murray 5 Very poor we must expect more then winning a few
Ixquirdo 4 Terrible and not just for his miss. Couldnt even control ball including once in first half when instead of passing to a free Murray was he lost control for a goal kick

All attacking players were poor but no more so then our wide players. Why when we spend a fortune on a striker who has pace and strength leave on bench

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
It was our last decent chance to win, and a win would've have seen us safe IMO.

I think we're quite likely to lose all remaining games, so that's pinning our hopes on 2 other clubs stinking the rest of the season out with WBA.

Risky to get LLLLLL and have to rely on others, so yes, it was a must win.

The only reason I think we're staying us is a completely irrational gut feeling and Albion bias.

So you think Southampton and Stoke will both pick out 3 wins from their remaining games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You can bet your life Wagner did:
1. Mass man mark Izquierdo out of the game.
2. Over load Schelotto who attacks, leaving huge gaps up behind.
3. Isolate Murray so that he's a lone figure against two giants.
4. Mounie and Pritchard to harry our towering CB's into errors. TICK - LED TO EQUALISER.
5. Pack CM with 3 mobile and pacey types, able to win most balls against slow Gross and Propper.

:lolol: Great analysis.

And a load of rubbish. If Pröpper scores, we win that game at a canter. They are a very poor team who were perfectly ordinary at best today. We weren't enough of a threat and we didn't do enough to win the game but that's not because of their awful players or your very generous analysis. We were lucky with our goal, they were lucky with theirs.

I hope they go down.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Exactly where are you seeing this Murray can't win anything in the air nonsense? It certainly isn't in this thread:

Won headers

No comment either way

No comment either way

No comment either way

The one post you saw

No comment either way

Murray was good in the air but needed someone to pick up those balls ....

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
I don't know, I haven't looked. On a NSC thread tonight, someone said Stoke have several winnable games.

Odd argument when you’ve not looked at the evidence.

Anyway, the bookies don’t share you’re pessimistic outlook IMG_3977.JPG

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
This game reminded me of a few of our make-or-break promotion-chasing games in recent years, with a lot of nerves both on the pitch and in the stand. At crucial times things went against us, from the miss in the first minute, a dreadful howler from Duffy having got our noses in front, to the unfortunate red card. Yes, it was a very disappointing performance, but the margins between success and failure are narrow.

Ryan - 7. One or two sharp saves and generally good distribution.

Schelotto - 6. One of his weaker games and seemed to lack composure when going forward.
Duffy - 4. Aside from gifting their goal, he should have done better in front of goal and looked shaky all afternoon.
Dunk - 7. Deservedly MoM, though perhaps not his most dominant display for us.
Bong - 7. Excellent defensively and made one or two crucial interventions, especially when we went down to 10. A real warrior today.

Izquierdo - 5. Disappointing. Should have created a goalscoring opportunity for Murray in the first half and should have scored himself towards the end. Lacking the form of a few weeks ago and an end product.
Stephens - 5. Looked rusty - especially in the first half. Gifted possession and almost gave away a goal prior to Duffy's f*ck up.
Propper - 6. Some nice touches early on, but never completely dominated the midfield and the red card, while harsh, came from poor decision-making
March - 6. Got the goal but seems to have lost his readiness to run at pace and take players on.

Murray - 6. Good at holding up the ball, but that's about it. Like Izquierdo, his good form seems to have deserted him.
Gross - 6. Not at his most influential but unfortunate to be subbed after the red card

Ulloa - 5. I know he was never the quickest, but he now looks pedestrian on the ball and short of the pace needed. Perhaps not surprising given his lack of minutes
Kayal - 7. Unlucky to be dropped after last week and better than either Propper or Stephens after he came on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:lolol: Great analysis.

And a load of rubbish. If Pröpper scores, we win that game at a canter. They are a very poor team who were perfectly ordinary at best today. We weren't enough of a threat and we didn't do enough to win the game but that's not because of their awful players or your very generous analysis. We were lucky with our goal, they were lucky with theirs.

I hope they go down.

Believe me, I hope they go down too. I haven't like Hudd since a 1994 fixture.

Not just me thinking they were all over us today, despite being the unrated away team. Tons of posters on NSC tonight, those sitting around me in the NS and Radio Sussex team really frustrated with them bossing the game.

Yes, their totally beatable defence (which many other clubs have destroyed this season) was there for the taking. Izzy should've have buried our winner. But all screwed up.

Perhaps a summary is that a shite Hudd played far better than they normally do away thanks to Wagner's prep and a nervous, outpaced, comatose Albion. Yet the 10 men almost won.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I usually wait until Sunday to post, however, needs must,

We have no leadership or character in our team, I am reminded of our capitulation last season, its as if the management think we can survive on what we have, maybe they're correct, but it looks horrible. Leadership comes from the Manager - Coaches - Captain - Players and we are sorely lacking. After the penalty last week the heads went down and after the Iziquerdo miss today they went down again, I actually felt we were playing for a draw before Propper went off.

Ryan - 7 despite our early fears he has done well, but was given no opportunity by the Duffy back pass.
Schelotto - 6 anxious to go forward but was caught out of position on many occassions, but showed ambition.
Bong - 6 did well defensively, but still concerned about his ability to deal with far post crosses
Dunk - 6 Our centre backs have got to start hitting the target with free headers from set pieces, needs to stand up as
captain, its not just an armband.
Duffy - 3 had been drinking the night before, dreadful back pass showing lack of awareness, poor decisions in
defence, needless free kicks given away and will he ever score a goal from a set piece. Both centre backs
are not performng in front of goal. I'm not sure Duffy is a certainty next season.
Stephens - 3 Pass it sideways or pass it to the opposition, was slow, inaccurate, beaten to the ball and generally off
the pace, should have been changed at half time, little contribution to the game and woeful in defence. He
has returned too early and that was clear from the start.
March 7 Demonstrated that if you have a shot on target, it has chance of going in, Propper and Stephens should take
note of that. Did not get the supply of the ball today.
Propper - 3 Can someone remind me how many goals he has scored for us this season? Dreadful miss in the first
half, half hearted effort in challenging and generally his passing was poor. I'm not disappointed to see him
miss three games, some on here are flattered by the odd touch and pass here and there but its not a big
enough contribution for me. Second to the tackle on many occassions and doesn't like to head the ball.
Wasn't close enough to judge the sending off.
Izquierdo - 7 There is too much expectation of him, passes to him were too far in advance, gave a great effort, but was
always marked, maybe could have varied his game, but at least he is lively
Gross - 6 He is our set piece and dead ball man, sometimes appears as though he's running in treacle, never really
happened for him today.
Murray - 7 Won everything in the first half, never gives up, draws the defender, but was isolated today.Has the
experience and tried to raise the team, a stand out professional he should not be discounted as others have
done on this site.

Ulloa 4 - didn't seem to win anything put Isiquerdo through, which might have changed the game
Kayal 6 - he gets among the opposition and is not afraid to make a tackle, for me, he's better than Stephens.

CH - 5 Could he not see that were stumbling in midfield earlier, his substitutions were all forced on him, not impressed
we've just missed a great opportunity to make ourselves completey safe and he's bottled it. Prove me wrong
Chris, but I am mightily disappointed with the last two games, where's the bravery, the leadership and the desire?

Its about quality and coaching, in the last two home games we have had a one on one with goalkeeper three times and failed to score, Huddersfield had one chance and converted it. We appear not to want to score and its costing us, I had us dowm for six points from the last two games and we have one. With our remaining fixture list we will be lucky to take a point, I not sure we can beat Palace at the moment and so we are stuck and dependant on others. We have failed to take our opportunities and a combination of bad individual judgement and a lack of ambition from the manager may cost us dearly.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ryan: 7. Nothing he could do with the goal really, let down by the defence. Did what was needed.

Schelotto: 6. Definitely happier attacking than defending - left us exposed a few times.
Duffy: 4. Truly terrible game from him - never recovered from ****ing up with that back pass. We know he can do better, but he had a nightmare.
Dunk: 7. One of the few bright sparks of the game, though still not at his imperious best.
Bong: 6. Not terrible, but not great either. Solid, I guess.

March: 6. Great first half, anonymous 2nd half. Expected/hoped him to be subbed for Locadia even before Propper's card
Propper: 6.5. Possibly our best player before the card...still not sure if it was worth a red or not.
Stevens: 6.5. Not quite on the pace but expected as he is back from injury, but did alright.
Izquierdo: 6. Has SO much potential but scared to take on his man at times and his decision making is woeful.

Gross: 6.5 Not a lot he can do if crowded out, wasn't close to his best form.

Murray: 6. Think he was right to be subbed as he was getting nowhere today, almost looked like a card waiting to happen. He will have better days, but today wasn't one.

Ulloa: 5.5 Not sure what he brought to the team that Hemed wouldn't. Disappointing and no pace at all - we actually looked worse after Murray's withdrawal.
Kayal: 6. Tried to break up play, but doesn't have the vision of Propper. Don't mind him replacing Propper for the next few (we have no choice) but needs to bring his A game, especially next up.

Hughton: 5. Can't do a thing about the mistakes or the Red, but should have replaced ineffectual players earlier - March should have been replaced 5 or so mins before Propper was carded. And I like March, I love what he can bring but we need a Plan B.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's alot of good analysis, only problem is I was talking about nonsense being talked outside the ground.

Still seems odd to come into a thread where quite a few people have praised his heading and pick only one person to quote as if they are the only other person to agree with you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I usually wait until Sunday to post, however, needs must,

We have no leadership or character in our team, I am reminded of our capitulation last season, its as if the management think we can survive on what we have, maybe they're correct, but it looks horrible. Leadership comes from the Manager - Coaches - Captain - Players and we are sorely lacking. After the penalty last week the heads went down and after the Iziquerdo miss today they went down again, I actually felt we were playing for a draw before Propper went off.

Ryan - 7 despite our early fears he has done well, but was given no opportunity by the Duffy back pass.
Schelotto - 6 anxious to go forward but was caught out of position on many occassions, but showed ambition.
Bong - 6 did well defensively, but still concerned about his ability to deal with far post crosses
Dunk - 6 Our centre backs have got to start hitting the target with free headers from set pieces, needs to stand up as
captain, its not just an armband.
Duffy - 3 had been drinking the night before, dreadful back pass showing lack of awareness, poor decisions in
defence, needless free kicks given away and will he ever score a goal from a set piece. Both centre backs
are not performng in front of goal. I'm not sure Duffy is a certainty next season.
Stephens - 3 Pass it sideways or pass it to the opposition, was slow, inaccurate, beaten to the ball and generally off
the pace, should have been changed at half time, little contribution to the game and woeful in defence. He
has returned too early and that was clear from the start.
March 7 Demonstrated that if you have a shot on target, it has chance of going in, Propper and Stephens should take
note of that. Did not get the supply of the ball today.
Propper - 3 Can someone remind me how many goals he has scored for us this season? Dreadful miss in the first
half, half hearted effort in challenging and generally his passing was poor. I'm not disappointed to see him
miss three games, some on here are flattered by the odd touch and pass here and there but its not a big
enough contribution for me. Second to the tackle on many occassions and doesn't like to head the ball.
Wasn't close enough to judge the sending off.
Izquierdo - 7 There is too much expectation of him, passes to him were too far in advance, gave a great effort, but was
always marked, maybe could have varied his game, but at least he is lively
Gross - 6 He is our set piece and dead ball man, sometimes appears as though he's running in treacle, never really
happened for him today.
Murray - 7 Won everything in the first half, never gives up, draws the defender, but was isolated today.Has the
experience and tried to raise the team, a stand out professional he should not be discounted as others have
done on this site.

Ulloa 4 - didn't seem to win anything put Isiquerdo through, which might have changed the game
Kayal 6 - he gets among the opposition and is not afraid to make a tackle, for me, he's better than Stephens.

CH - 5 Could he not see that were stumbling in midfield earlier, his substitutions were all forced on him, not impressed
we've just missed a great opportunity to make ourselves completey safe and he's bottled it. Prove me wrong
Chris, but I am mightily disappointed with the last two games, where's the bravery, the leadership and the desire?

Its about quality and coaching, in the last two home games we have had a one on one with goalkeeper three times and failed to score, Huddersfield had one chance and converted it. We appear not to want to score and its costing us, I had us dowm for six points from the last two games and we have one. With our remaining fixture list we will be lucky to take a point, I not sure we can beat Palace at the moment and so we are stuck and dependant on others. We have failed to take our opportunities and a combination of bad individual judgement and a lack of ambition from the manager may cost us dearly.

Schelotto’s main duty is to defend. Time after time Hudd attacked into empty spaces left by him upfield.

Izquierdo’s to create, score, support and commit opponents. He has all the attributes to do that to teams like Hudd. Today he flopped despite the game being there for the taking. Shame.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Still seems odd to come into a thread where quite a few people have praised his heading and pick only one person to quote as if they are the only other person to agree with you.

He said it the best, in so much as winning nearly everything thrown at him. Also I'm totally ok with you thinking it's odd.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Won headers

No comment either way

No comment either way

No comment either way

The one post you saw

No comment either way

Murray won some headers, but there was a need for Gross to be closer as any header won today was pointless.

That’s not down to Murray, but analysing his game, he had little impact, his touch was unusually ordinary and his passing in the second half was ordinary to say the least.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I'm not really sure I should comment on the ratings for our lot today, only because I'm so dissappointed (nay disgusted) in how we approached the game from the 2nd minute to the 94th that I'm likely to give a fair few a 3 at best with a couple of 4's and maybe even a 5 or 6 and I don't like to diss the team on these down days.

The worst of the lot for me was our manager, wtf was he saying to our players at the half time interval for them to come back out and play completely the same crappy football, show us the same lethargic body language and the same useless tackling we saw in the first half. As others have already said, Murray was inneffective and his touch was at best average accept for his heading ability. Locadia was obviously the sub to make for Murray when it came (always way too late), Kayal to replace Stephens and Goldson to replace Duffy (truly awful in every way today).
Going forward to the next two games Hughton has to grow some balls, this defensive attitude is killing us and will potentially send us down if we're not careful, get us onto the front foot Chris, for our sake and our Premier League survival..

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 6
Schelotto 5
Duffy 4
Dunk 6
Bong 6
Pröpper 6
March 5
Groß 6
(Kayal 76min, 5)
Stephens 5
Izquierdo 5
Murray 4
(Ulloa 67min, 4)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 7 - could do nothing about the goal and made the sensible choice not to potentially get sent off. Otherwise solid with good kicking, albeit rarely troubled.
Schelotto 5 - decent defensively but really struggled going forward. In both wide positions, our full backs and wide midfielders often found themselves in a 2 v 3 situation which Hughton failed to react to, and it made it very difficult for us to overload those areas or make an headway. Great ball for Propper’s chance.
Duffy 1 - it’s been coming all season to be honest. A terrible mistake, missed chances, dominated by their striker, absolutely atrocious with the ball. He’s so lucky he has Dunk next to him.
Dunk 7 - saved us positionallt on so many occasions yesterday.
Bong 5 - decent defensively, awful going forward.
March 7 - one of our better players. Was asked to play as an auxiliary full back for most of the game (like CH thought we were playing Man City) but attacked well when he got a chance and was arguably our best attacking player. Obviously created the goal, but created a number of other chances with his delivery.
Stephens 5 - overrun at times by their extra man in midfield. But often gave us an outlet.
Propper 3 - our best player for much of the match, but made massive mistakes in two decisive moments, albeit I think the red is harsh.
Izquierdo 5 - such a good outlet, and defends very well. But missed his crucial chance again (as against B-Mouth) and often picked the wrong option.
Gross 3 - absolutely bypassed. Tactically isolated. Should’ve been taken off or moved deeper.
Murray 4 - I feel for the guy as our strategy was so negative, but nothing came off for him today and he didn’t hold the ball up at all well

Subs.
Ulloa 5 - a great ball to Izquierdo but offered no more than Murray otherwise.
Kayal 6 - should’ve been on much earlier. Combative.

CH 1 - in simple terms he had a mare. He set us up far too deep and made us reactionary against a side we should be looking to beat at home. Failed to see how they were dominating us tactically and didn’t change as a result. Took too long with his subs. Didn’t alter his tactics to cause them problems. Subs were like for like. Failed to see how isolated Gross and Murray were. Let Pritchard run the game. Allowed the to have an extra man in the centre of the park, and in wide positions, and didn’t alter his plan. Played like we were the away side against a Top 6 side. Embarrassing.

Ref 3 - biased throughout. Seemed to encourage their diving but punish ours. Not a red for Propper.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Not going to rate the players, we all saw it yesterday, what I will rate is the manager and coaches, all a low 3. What the hell are they doing in the week with tactics for the coming match because from up in WSU we see the same formation and same subs. in every game. It just doesn't change even the subs. are same like for like. It's been the same all season no pace through the middle up to Murray who's done well to score so many with the support he's had. Yesterday the subs. were needed well before the sending off as we were being overrun but again they all came too late and why o why wasn't March subbed in the last 10 mins. cause he was hardly able to run. We are so very predictable in formation and tactics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here